College Gamenight

On College Gamenight last night Syracuse’s coach Jim Boeheim was talking about the new Big East and how there is no way they will stay with 16 teams. He said it was entirely to many.
So I would guess in a few years the conference will split then what about a conference of: Charlotte, Marquette, Depaul, Temple, Xavier, Saint Louis, Umass, Saint Joe’s, George Washington, Dayton. A ten team league where you could have a home and away series. That conference would be STRONG!

Lets do it. Make the calls and make it happen.

st louis? Why does everyone give them so much respect how did they get in the a-10?
they are no better than ecu or tulane, or fordham.

Is there someway we can get rid of St. Louis???

[i]Originally posted by fotee9er[/i]@Jan 27 2005, 01:49 PM [b] ..........So I would guess in a few years the conference will split then what about a conference of: Charlotte, Marquette, Depaul, Temple, Xavier, Saint Louis, Umass, Saint Joe's, George Washington, Dayton......... [/b]
That's why it's so important that we maintain a solid program for the next few years. If we do not, we could find ourselves not included with that list of teams. That would be a great league to be in.

The Big East will want to get rid of all the non-football playing schools. This would include Georgetown, Providence, St Johns, and Villanova. Drop St Louis and add Villanova.

Didn’t Brian Westbrook play at Villanova?

Why all the hate for St. Louis? They’re just having a bad year. Besides, someone’s gonna have to be the beyatch of the new conference.

[i]Originally posted by 49erFan1[/i]@Jan 27 2005, 05:25 PM [b] Didn't Brian Westbrook play at Villanova? [/b]
Yes he did. Villanova plays D-IAA in the Atlantic 10.