Commercials

So, I wasnā€™t sure which thread to add it to, so I figured I would just start a new one. Last night I saw two quick TV ads for 49er football during 8-9 time slot on ABC and FOX I believe. They werenā€™t anything too special, just put the facts out there and said how to get involved. Lasted all of 10 seconds, but it was beautiful seeing a 49er football helmet on the TV. Anyone else see them or any other ads for football?

Iā€™ve seen about 20 of these mostly on Foxā€¦nothing too serious.

So, I wasn't sure which thread to add it to, so I figured I would just start a new one. Last night I saw two quick TV ads for 49er football during 8-9 time slot on ABC and FOX I believe. They weren't anything too special, just put the facts out there and said how to get involved. Lasted all of 10 seconds, but it was beautiful seeing a 49er football helmet on the TV. [B]Anyone else see them or any other ads for football[/B]?

Yes, Iā€™ve seen it several times over the last few days.

I saw one which was a ā€œfakeā€ newscast and there was a breaking news story. It showed a Giant Norm walking through downtown Charlotte and claimed something ā€œbigā€ was happening.

I thought it was an awesome commercial!!

I was hoping that one got sent to the cutting room floorā€¦not a fan of that one.

I saw one which was a "fake" newscast and there was a breaking news story. It showed a Giant Norm walking through downtown Charlotte and claimed something "big" was happening.

I thought it was an awesome commercial!!

Jesus freaking Christ they are actually showing that on TV!? :ohmy:

I was hoping that one got sent to the cutting room floor....not a fan of that one.

^THIS.

While weā€™re complaining about our advertisements, I think the stake your claim billboard on 85 is hideous and lazily designed.

Wow, negativity didnā€™t takelong here. Though I agree 100% that the giant Norm video should not have made it out. Like I said before, concept was good, but execution is more cheezy than, wellā€¦ amish country.

I also noticed the have cycled the pik axe and ā€œstake your claimā€ on the bottom of channel 22 on TWC. I like that we are actually starting to use that channel for loacal programming.

wow. Has UNC Charlotte or the Charlotte 49ers ever done something that has had 100% support of NNN?

[QUOTE=JoeSixPack;427968]wow. Has UNC Charlotte or the Charlotte 49ers ever done something that has had 100% support of NNN?[/QUOTE]

They said yes to football and the AD changed the name to ā€œCharlotteā€ā€¦

[QUOTE=ChevEE;427981]They said yes to football and the AD changed the name to ā€œCharlotteā€ā€¦[/QUOTE]

That is probably as close as its ever come. But even with those 2 topics, there are people who donā€™t like the way football was rolled out with the FSLs and the goal of 5,000. Calling the AD ā€œCharlotteā€ might be the only thing I can think of.

[QUOTE=JoeSixPack;427984]That is probably as close as its ever come. But even with those 2 topics, there are people who donā€™t like the way football was rolled out with the FSLs and the goal of 5,000. Calling the AD ā€œCharlotteā€ might be the only thing I can think of.[/QUOTE]

Hiring Lee Rose.

I also noticed the have cycled the pik axe and "stake your claim" on the bottom of channel 22 on TWC. I like that we are actually starting to use that channel for loacal programming.

Come on Chev, you know weā€™ve had local programming on there all along. Thereā€™s only 2 producers on staff, and Iā€™m one of them. A couple of my other associates on staff do some production, but more of their focus is on Distance Ed.

If we had 10 or more producers, we would have more UNC Charlotte programming. That channel has come a long way, my friend. Hopefully, we can continue to improve it.

Thanks for noticing the stuff on the channel. My department is helping with the marketing push.

Go Niners!

Come on Chev, you know we've had local programming on there all along. There's only 2 producers on staff, and I'm one of them. A couple of my other associates on staff do some production, but more of their focus is on Distance Ed.

If we had 10 or more producers, we would have more UNC Charlotte programming. That channel has come a long way, my friend. Hopefully, we can continue to improve it.

Any plans to hire more? cough

Any plans to hire more? *cough*

[SIZE=7]BWWAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH![/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I wish man, but we had to let people go recently. Stay in touch with me if youā€™re interested though. There may be position opening up for the future.[/SIZE]

I saw one which was a "fake" newscast and there was a breaking news story. It showed a Giant Norm walking through downtown Charlotte and claimed something "big" was happening.

The 49ers Insider was not involved in the production of said commercial.

I also noticed the have cycled the pik axe and "stake your claim" on the bottom of channel 22 on TWC. I like that we are actually starting to use that channel for loacal programming.
Why can't we show bikini contests on that channel and advertise for football (and basketball and baseball and soccer) at the same time? :shades:
There's only 2 producers on staff, and I'm one of them.
^ See above idea.