Commit Alert: 2017 QB Nick Tronti

He accounted for 53 total TDs this season! :eek:

Those are big D1 type numbers. I went to school with a RB who scored 53 TDs his senior yr…all on the ground too. If we can keep this kid it’ll be huge for us.

clt asks when does he sign? this spring?

[quote=“cltniners, post:23, topic:30392”]clt asks when does he sign? this spring?[/quote]I think February is when the signing period is for football. Might be January though.

Signing Day is February 1st. There is an early signing period for those enrolling in the spring and that is December 14 - January 15.

Signing Day is February 1st. There is an early signing period for those enrolling in the spring and that is December 14 - January 15.[/quote]Yep, that one is primarily for JUCO’s, but some HS kids are able to do that.

Won FL 5A player of the year today.

Feeling really good about this kid. Will feel even better once he signs.

Am I the only jack@ss that thinks the way this kid has blown up that our chances to keep him are slim? I just can’t see how he doesn’t back out of his commitment to sign at a school in a bigger conference after how he closed out his season.

Gotta be getting some P5 interest at this point don’t cha think?

[quote=“TRLeader, post:29, topic:30392”]Am I the only jack@ss that thinks the way this kid has blown up that our chances to keep him are slim? I just can’t see how he doesn’t back out of his commitment to sign at a school in a bigger conference after how he closed out his season.

Gotta be getting some P5 interest at this point don’t cha think?[/quote]I don’t know about Tronti, but his HS HC and QB Coach are certainly trying to get other schools to look at him.

[quote=“2k, post:30, topic:30392”][quote=“TRLeader, post:29, topic:30392”]Am I the only jack@ss that thinks the way this kid has blown up that our chances to keep him are slim? I just can’t see how he doesn’t back out of his commitment to sign at a school in a bigger conference after how he closed out his season.

Gotta be getting some P5 interest at this point don’t cha think?[/quote]I don’t know about Tronti, but his HS HC and QB Coach are certainly trying to get other schools to look at him.[/quote]

clt thinks this is the best spot for him. We obviously do well with dual threat qb.

[quote=“cltniners, post:31, topic:30392”][quote=“2k, post:30, topic:30392”][quote=“TRLeader, post:29, topic:30392”]Am I the only jack@ss that thinks the way this kid has blown up that our chances to keep him are slim? I just can’t see how he doesn’t back out of his commitment to sign at a school in a bigger conference after how he closed out his season.

Gotta be getting some P5 interest at this point don’t cha think?[/quote]I don’t know about Tronti, but his HS HC and QB Coach are certainly trying to get other schools to look at him.[/quote]

clt thinks this is the best spot for him. We obviously do well with dual threat qb.[/quote]

I’ve got nothing against Olsen, but the fact that Klugh (dual threat) thrived while Olsen struggled in our system says a bunch about how well it would be suited to a player like Tronti. Mullen definitely prefers a dual threat QB.

[quote=“2k, post:30, topic:30392”][quote=“TRLeader, post:29, topic:30392”]Am I the only jack@ss that thinks the way this kid has blown up that our chances to keep him are slim? I just can’t see how he doesn’t back out of his commitment to sign at a school in a bigger conference after how he closed out his season.

Even though I know how sausages and hot dogs are made, I’ll still eat them occasionally. But knowing what goes into and comes out of college athletics recruiting makes me sick, and I may soon make a conscious effort to avoid any knowledge of this sometimes very slimy process. >:(

[quote=“49er1, post:33, topic:30392”][quote=“2k, post:30, topic:30392”][quote=“TRLeader, post:29, topic:30392”]Am I the only jack@ss that thinks the way this kid has blown up that our chances to keep him are slim? I just can’t see how he doesn’t back out of his commitment to sign at a school in a bigger conference after how he closed out his season.

Even though I know how sausages and hot dogs are made, I’ll still eat them occasionally. But knowing what goes into and comes out of college athletics recruiting makes me sick, and I may soon make a conscious effort to avoid any knowledge of this sometimes very slimy process. >:([/quote]

What’s slimy about this?

Yeah, it sucks if a commit goes elsewhere… but if you accept a job offer but get a higher-paying position at a more established firm before you start… do you turn it down?

It sucks to be in this position, but this isn’t exclusive to college sports. These guys are trying to get roster spots at the best schools that they can to prepare them for post-college life, whether that’s the NFL or the professional world. If a better offer comes along, who are we to judge?

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:34, topic:30392”][quote=“49er1, post:33, topic:30392”][quote=“2k, post:30, topic:30392”][quote=“TRLeader, post:29, topic:30392”]Am I the only jack@ss that thinks the way this kid has blown up that our chances to keep him are slim? I just can’t see how he doesn’t back out of his commitment to sign at a school in a bigger conference after how he closed out his season.

Even though I know how sausages and hot dogs are made, I’ll still eat them occasionally. But knowing what goes into and comes out of college athletics recruiting makes me sick, and I may soon make a conscious effort to avoid any knowledge of this sometimes very slimy process. >:([/quote]

What’s slimy about this?

Yeah, it sucks if a commit goes elsewhere… but if you accept a job offer but get a higher-paying position at a more established firm before you start… do you turn it down?

It sucks to be in this position, but this isn’t exclusive to college sports. These guys are trying to get roster spots at the best schools that they can to prepare them for post-college life, whether that’s the NFL or the professional world. If a better offer comes along, who are we to judge?[/quote]

I’m referring to kids that verbally commit and back out. You and others may think that’s ok but I think it’s not. Slimy is what comes to mind. Dishonest. Unethical. Any of those words fit in my opinion.

It’s ok for a kid to back out of an oral commitment, that’s why there is a signing period. It is not right for a coach to try to steer kids for their own selfish interests if that is what is going on.

Some kids commit because they think they may not get another offer, then they improve and have a monster year and can do better. Nothing wrong with that.

If my kid committed to UNCA because that was the only school calling, then blew up and WFU or GT came calling, I’d pull her to the side and “You know, you might wanna rethink this”.

I think people that don’t see that are not being realistic or just being shameless homers.

[quote=“hootie, post:36, topic:30392”]It’s ok for a kid to back out of an oral commitment, that’s why there is a signing period. It is not right for a coach to try to steer kids for their own selfish interests if that is what is going on.

Some kids commit because they think they may not get another offer, then they improve and have a monster year and can do better. Nothing wrong with that.

If my kid committed to UNCA because that was the only school calling, then blew up and WFU or GT came calling, I’d pull her to the side and “You know, you might wanna rethink this”.

I think people that don’t see that are not being realistic or just being shameless homers.[/quote]

Then I’m a shameless, ethical homer. Proudly. People who mislead people are NOT realistic and are shameless frauds.

49er1 = real life of the party

My only issue is the public peddling the coaches are doing for Tronti.

https://twitter.com/CoachAaronAvery/with_replies
https://twitter.com/FrankGaris/with_replies

I hope Nick sticks with us. He would fit in great with us and could help propel Charlotte to greatness. If we lose him to a major P5 school, you cant blame him for it, but i really hope he is set in his decison and doesnt get swayed by his coaches because we need him.