Commit Alert: 2017 QB Nick Tronti

[quote=“2k, post:39, topic:30392”]My only issue is the public peddling the coaches are doing for Tronti.

https://twitter.com/CoachAaronAvery/with_replies
https://twitter.com/FrankGaris/with_replies[/quote]

The kid is good. Most schools already have their prospects locked down. Why would he go ride the pine at a bigger school? Sure, maybe he could work his way into a starting role. I don’t see a Florida or Tennessee not having an established QB coming in.

[quote=“2k, post:39, topic:30392”]My only issue is the public peddling the coaches are doing for Tronti.

https://twitter.com/CoachAaronAvery/with_replies
https://twitter.com/FrankGaris/with_replies[/quote]

clt says that is embarrassing for the coaches.

Some of you guys glasses have a bit too much of a green hue.

Our goal is to one day be out of CUSA, and into one of these better leagues. Ride your moral high horses about college recruiting into the sunset, but at that point (if it ever comes) you all will be thankful these verbal commitments are not binding, as we are gonna need to get some kids like this.

With that said, hope he sticks with us, especially seeing the offers he has. I don’t see any of it as a particularly better opportunity than what we are offering. He could come here and be the undisputed starter for at least 3 years if he plays well. Would be huge for the program. (Let’s not crown him a Heisman candidate if he sticks though IE: Brooks Barden)

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:43, topic:30392”]Some of you guys glasses have a bit too much of a green hue.

Our goal is to one day be out of CUSA, and into one of these better leagues. Ride your moral high horses about college recruiting into the sunset, but at that point (if it ever comes) you all will be thankful these verbal commitments are not binding, as we are gonna need to get some kids like this.

With that said, hope he sticks with us, especially seeing the offers he has. I don’t see any of it as a particularly better opportunity than what we are offering. He could come here and be the undisputed starter for at least 3 years if he plays well. Would be huge for the program. (Let’s not crown him a Heisman candidate if he sticks though IE: Brooks Barden)[/quote]I know kids will commit and decommit in Football, that’s the nature of the beast. I’ve never seen a staff publicly peddle a kid to other schools after he’s committed. Do that shit behind out of the public eye.

[quote=“2k, post:44, topic:30392”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:43, topic:30392”]Some of you guys glasses have a bit too much of a green hue.

With that said, hope he sticks with us, especially seeing the offers he has. I don’t see any of it as a particularly better opportunity than what we are offering. He could come here and be the undisputed starter for at least 3 years if he plays well. Would be huge for the program. (Let’s not crown him a Heisman candidate if he sticks though IE: Brooks Barden)[/quote]I know kids will commit and decommit in Football, that’s the nature of the beast. I’ve never seen a staff publicly peddle a kid to other schools after he’s committed. Do that s*** behind out of the public eye.[/quote]

Doing that stuff on twitter speaks volumes, it almost seems desperate on their end.

I’m in agreement with you but I’m afraid what we are seeing is just the tip of the iceberg. It seems to be more acceptable to do this crap publicly than it used to be. Until we get a larger stadium, start going to bowl games, get into a better league, etc, this may start happening more frequently.

Stealing recruits is the nature of college sports. I remember the “good ole days” when we stole some recruits from lesser programs in basketball while at the same time having a few stolen from us.

the kid has not indicated that he’s decimating has he?

[quote=“earlyniner, post:47, topic:30392”]the kid has not indicated that he’s decimating has he?[/quote]nah, but his coaches are actively trying to push him elsewhere it appears.

Kudos to him if he ignores them.

[font=Roboto]“Charlotte just felt right,” Tronti said. “I feel they are on the up and up. The Panthers’ owner (Jerry Richardson) is behind them. … The coaching staff was pretty successful. I feel we’ll get to win some games soon and obviously, I hope to play early.”[/font]

I think he’s a prefect fit for our system, and we may be set at QB for a long time with him here. It’s better to have a QB that several programs are trying to flip than one that none are :slight_smile:

[quote=“2k, post:44, topic:30392”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:43, topic:30392”]Some of you guys glasses have a bit too much of a green hue.

With that said, hope he sticks with us, especially seeing the offers he has. I don’t see any of it as a particularly better opportunity than what we are offering. He could come here and be the undisputed starter for at least 3 years if he plays well. Would be huge for the program. (Let’s not crown him a Heisman candidate if he sticks though IE: Brooks Barden)[/quote]I know kids will commit and decommit in Football, that’s the nature of the beast. I’ve never seen a staff publicly peddle a kid to other schools after he’s committed. Do that s*** behind out of the public eye.[/quote]

I don’t disagree. “I sent a quarterback to Auburn.” vs. “I sent a quarterback to Charlotte.” One of those statements looks better than the other on a high school coach’s resume. Not saying that’s the way it should be. It’s the way it is. While I have seen coaches tout kid’s offers before, I will say I haven’t really seen them tout a kid that’s already verbally committed to one place, while touting the offers of another place.

[quote=“Niner National, post:48, topic:30392”][quote=“earlyniner, post:47, topic:30392”]the kid has not indicated that he’s decimating has he?[/quote]nah, but his coaches are actively trying to push him elsewhere it appears.

Kudos to him if he ignores them.[/quote]

Yeah, I wouldn’t recruit any of their players again. They come off looking like pimps on twitter.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:51, topic:30392”][quote=“2k, post:44, topic:30392”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:43, topic:30392”]Some of you guys glasses have a bit too much of a green hue.

I don’t disagree. “I sent a quarterback to Auburn.” vs. “I sent a quarterback to Charlotte.” One of those statements looks better than the other on a high school coach’s resume. Not saying that’s the way it should be. It’s the way it is. While I have seen coaches tout kid’s offers before, I will say I haven’t really seen them tout a kid that’s already verbally committed to one place, while touting the offers of another place.[/quote]

Today, the word ‘verbal commitment’ really means verbal reservation. The school or the player can rescind at any time. Although I’m not sure what circumstances must exist for the school to rescind.

[quote=“9ballNiner, post:53, topic:30392”]Today, the word ‘verbal commitment’ really means verbal reservation. The school or the player can rescind at any time. Although I’m not sure what circumstances must exist for the school to rescind.[/quote]It’s just theatre for the fans. Verbal commitment means little beyond the recruit saying they want to reserve a spot and the school wants to hold them a spot. Either can back out at any time with no rules. The school only has a little more public penalty if other recruits become wary of a place that seems to be backing out on guys at the last minute, can hurt the trust in the coaches (particularly for those recruits where responsible parents are watching the process more closely). But lately, news like that is quickly forgotten and it doesn’t seem to matter one bit (witness the SEC oversigning that went on for so long, had zero effect on their ability to sign the best recruits).

You know what would be really interesting? Just treat the scholarship like a job offer without restrictions on when it can be signed and allow schools to offer whenever they want. My guess is that it would help with parity, as late bloomers and players worried about spots would tend to go to lower profile schools probably, but it would also mean that some schools would be stuck with guys that fail to develop.

clt is verbally committing support to tronti.

In reply to JWF

Coach Aaron Avery ‏[size=13px]@CoachAaronAvery[/size] [size=13px] 2h[/size][size=1px !important]2 hours ago[/size][size=13px][/size]
[size=16px][/color]@2011niner@Charlotte49erFB[color=rgb(136, 153, 166)] our job is to get him every offer in the country. Nick loves Charlotte and remains a strong commitment to them.[/size]

Hard to believe that line of thinking. Would ask him if he signed with Florida or FSU would his answer be the same.

In all probability kid has silently signed off on it.
If he was a solid commitment then he would probably shut down the process (and the recruiting process is a crazy grind). Most kids are glad it is over and settled. Looks like a situation of I have signed but you do what you need to and we will go from there.

[quote=“TheShowDawg, post:57, topic:30392”]Hard to believe that line of thinking. Would ask him if he signed with Florida or FSU would his answer be the same.

In all probability kid has silently signed off on it.
If he was a solid commitment then he would probably shut down the process (and the recruiting process is a crazy grind). Most kids are glad it is over and settled. Looks like a situation of I have signed but you do what you need to and we will go from there.[/quote]
Florida or FSU would punish the coach for doing that, but we can’t.

We have the sane number of scholarships to offer as they do. That’s why its bad form to do that publicly. He could cost one of his kids a scholarship in the future if college coaches don’t trust him.

clt agrees.