Commit Alert: 2017 QB Nick Tronti

[quote=“NinerNirvana, post:56, topic:30392”]In reply to JWF

Coach Aaron Avery ‏@CoachAaronAvery [size=13px] 2h[/size][size=1px !important]2 hours ago[/size]
[size=16px]@2011niner@Charlotte49erFB our job is to get him every offer in the country. Nick loves Charlotte and remains a strong commitment to them.[/size][/quote]

Yeah, this may be your job prior to him committing. Openly begging other schools to offer him after he has committed is EXTREMELY disrespectful to our coaches and program. It is basically asking other schools to try to come in and turn him. I would seriously consider not recruiting their players going forward, because these coaches are showing that they will smile in our coaches faces, and then stab them in the back.

Let’s please try not to anger people that are very close to a kid we are trying to keep committed.

You might not like their actions, but they are looking out for the kid first and foremost. We can say their actions are selfish, but I’m sure they do not mean it that way. We are looking out for our University first and foremost.

The chips are gonna fall where they may. Your tweets will not affect this kid’s commitment one way or the other.

Ponte Vedra’s Nick Tronti became just the sixth area athlete to earn the state’s most prestigious high school football award when he was named Mr. Football on Wednesday afternoon.

It was a sterling finish for Tronti, who becomes just the second athlete from St. Johns County to capture the top honor, joining Nease’s Tim Tebow (2005).

http://jacksonville.com/sports/2016-12-20/ponte-vedra-s-nick-tronti-earns-mr-football-award

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:63, topic:30392”]Ponte Vedra’s Nick Tronti became just the sixth area athlete to earn the state’s most prestigious high school football award when he was named Mr. Football on Wednesday afternoon.

It was a sterling finish for Tronti, who becomes just the second athlete from St. Johns County to capture the top honor, joining Nease’s Tim Tebow (2005).

http://jacksonville.com/sports/2016-12-20/ponte-vedra-s-nick-tronti-earns-mr-football-award[/quote]

clt just forwarded this to Saban & Mayer.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:63, topic:30392”]Ponte Vedra’s Nick Tronti became just the sixth area athlete to earn the state’s most prestigious high school football award when he was named Mr. Football on Wednesday afternoon.

http://jacksonville.com/sports/2016-12-20/ponte-vedra-s-nick-tronti-earns-mr-football-award[/quote]

If this kid stays committed to us, it will be a miracle now.

[quote=“49er1, post:65, topic:30392”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:63, topic:30392”]Ponte Vedra’s Nick Tronti became just the sixth area athlete to earn the state’s most prestigious high school football award when he was named Mr. Football on Wednesday afternoon.

If this kid stays committed to us, it will be a miracle now.[/quote]

Or, he’ll go to a program that has already had an elite QB commit to them, ride the pine, and then transfer out. Sometimes a sure thing is a better option.

clt bets he is a 49er

Tronti offered by Indiana

His coach proceeded to tweet it 3 times and continues to pimp this kid publicly on twitter (@USF new OC). I’d have no problem with him doing this privately but doing it publicly is disrespectful to our school IMO.

I did find out he comes from a family of D1 athletes. Was told the family knows the drill. Of course doesn’t mean he won’t flip, but family won’t be shocked and easily woo’d as perhaps others would be.

Guys. I need you all to prepare for the fact that he is not coming here. Virtually 0% chance. Just…prepare for it. The decomittment is coming any day now. Don’t let it shock you. Just close the thread and move on with your life when it happens.

[quote="_BL_Niner, post:68, topic:30392"]Tronti offered by Indiana

His coach proceeded to tweet it 3 times and continues to pimp this kid publicly on twitter (@USF new OC). I’d have no problem with him doing this privately but doing it publicly is disrespectful to our school IMO.[/quote]

clt says the HS coaches don’t seem very savvy.

Tronti has committed to UNC Charlotte, but he said he expects to visit Hawaii and either Tulane or Florida Atlantic, in addition to Charlotte during the last three weekends in January before signing day.

“I’m pretty firm with Charlotte,” he said. “They’ve been there from the beginning.”

http://sjcpreps.com/news/936/all-county-football-nick-tronti-is-the-record’s-2016-offensive-player-of-the-year/

Smart kid too, if I was going to take a recruiting trip and was firm to Charlotte, Hawaii and Boca Raton wouldn’t be bad places to escape from the blizzard of '17.

Cool story bro

“Pretty firm”

So firm, in fact, that he’s shopping around still. So firm, he’s letting his coaches still pimp him on Twitter. So firm, he’s going to be a spokesman for the local Mattress Firm store.

Cool story bro[/quote]

I’d love to be wrong. I live in Jax. He’s blowing up. If FSU or UF or UGa come calling…

Cool story bro[/quote]

I’d love to be wrong. I live in Jax. He’s blowing up. If FSU or UF or UGa come calling…[/quote]

We all know he could flip, nothing is static in football recruiting.

Including current commits FSU has 6 QBs, UF has 5, and Georgia has 4 (including one of the best HS QBs this year). If we lose a kid to any those schools, jokes on him because there is a solid chance he will never see the field.

Cool story bro[/quote]

I’d love to be wrong. I live in Jax. He’s blowing up. If FSU or UF or UGa come calling…[/quote]

I’d say our chances of seeing him on campus are getting smaller and smaller. He seems like a smart kid and I think he is weighing his options. He can either come here and be THE MAN, or go to a more established football program and risk being recruited over every season.

Regardless of what happens, it is good to see that our staff was on Tronti from the beginning.

I was thinking the same thing. :))

Look, as painful as it is, we want players that other programs want. We have to make the commitment stick. That’s the job - same as any other program.

As often as I gripe about Mullen’s situational playcalling, watching this kids vids… he’s a perfect fit for Mullen’s offense. He’ll do very well here and likely maximize his potential.

I was thinking the same thing. :))

Look, as painful as it is, we want players that other programs want. We have to make the commitment stick. That’s the job - same as any other program.

As often as I gripe about Mullen’s situational playcalling, watching this kids vids… he’s a perfect fit for Mullen’s offense. He’ll do very well here and likely maximize his potential.[/quote]

I agree totally. I just have a problem with a kid’s coaches openly going after other schools to recruit their kid after he has given his commitment to a school. If they were to do this quietly, it would be different. If other schools started coming after him on their own, I would understand. If his coaches had done this prior to him committing, it’s not a problem. It just rubs me the wrong way how they have gone about pretty much begging other programs to recruit him after he has committed to us. That’s my only gripe.