Commit Alert: 2017 QB Nick Tronti

I heard Mike & Mike talking about UConn recruiting the other morning. I wonder if they offered Tronti this guys scholly that they pulled?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jerrybarca/2017/01/17/uconns-randy-edsall-pulls-scholarship-teens-dream-becomes-collateral-damage/#322eb6f1b380

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/5407955889897650370/could-a-garden-state-backlash-hit-uconn-after-it-pulled-scholarship-from-nj-recruit/#comments[/quote]

Wow. I heard the discussion the other day too. But didn’t think about connecting the dots.[/quote]

I don’t know anything about this kid’s football abilities, but our coaching staff should immediately begin looking at film on him. He needs a home, and we probably need players.

Can’t wait to see nick in a 49er uniform!

http://staugustine.com/sports-high-school-high-school-football/2017-01-19/tronti-receives-late-offers-indiana-arizona-and

“It’s been very wild,” Tronti said Thursday afternoon. “Obviously I’m still solid with Charlotte right now, but I want to look at these schools. It’s been exciting.”

Tronti plans to leave for Bloomington, Indiana, for a visit this weekend and then visit either Arizona or UConn next weekend in his final visit before signing day on Feb. 1.

He said he will make a final decision by mid next week.

Tronti said he originally had planned on making Hawaii one of his final two visits, but with Indiana, a Big Ten school, and Arizona, a Pac-12 team, offering, he informed the Rainbow Warriors he wouldn’t be making the trip.

“It’s going to be really hard,” Tronti said. “But I know whatever decision I make I’m going to be really happy.”

:-\

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:123, topic:30392”]http://staugustine.com/sports-high-school-high-school-football/2017-01-19/tronti-receives-late-offers-indiana-arizona-and

“It’s been very wild,” Tronti said Thursday afternoon. “Obviously I’m still solid with Charlotte right now, but I want to look at these schools. It’s been exciting.”

Tronti plans to leave for Bloomington, Indiana, for a visit this weekend and then visit either Arizona or UConn next weekend in his final visit before signing day on Feb. 1.

He said he will make a final decision by mid next week.

Tronti said he originally had planned on making Hawaii one of his final two visits, but with Indiana, a Big Ten school, and Arizona, a Pac-12 team, offering, he informed the Rainbow Warriors he wouldn’t be making the trip.

“It’s going to be really hard,” Tronti said. “But I know whatever decision I make I’m going to be really happy.”

:-[/quote] That doesn’t sound promising to me. On the other hand, if we can beat Arizona and Indiana for the guy, that would be huge.

Can we just have some confidence with getting this kid??? Rich-Rod’s son is currently committed to Arizona(3* Dual-Threat) and Indiana has 6 QB’s on their roster(3 Freshmen). I may be in the minority but I have confidence with this commitment sticking! Gotta believe!!!

I still have confidence that this kid will stick. He will have so much more playing time If he played at Charlotte. I have faith still!

[quote=“bckicker3, post:125, topic:30392”]Can we just have some confidence with getting this kid??? Rich-Rod’s son is currently committed to Arizona(3* Dual-Threat) and Indiana has 6 QB’s on their roster(3 Freshmen). I may be in the minority but I have confidence with this commitment sticking! Gotta believe!!![/quote] I see your point about other school’s already having enough talent. There must be a reason they are still recruiting him, and they may be able to convince him its a good reason, even if it isn’t.

I still have confidence that this kid will stick. He will have so much more playing time If he played at Charlotte. I have faith still![/quote]

Post more often. I love that helmet in your avatar.

I still have confidence that this kid will stick. He will have so much more playing time If he played at Charlotte. I have faith still![/quote]

Post more often. I love that helmet in your avatar.[/quote]

Just joined last week! You’ll see a lot more from me! Maybe one day that could be our actual helmet! :cool:

If they sign him that means he doesn’t go to another school that may potentially play them. Even if he is there for a year or two and transfers it’s a year or two of potentially not playing against him. Power conference teams can never have enough talent at the skill positions it’s up to the kid to determine what is the best situation for him.

Hopefully for us that is Charlotte but I’m not going to get upset with the kid. I just hope he picks the best situation for him and not his coaches.

If they sign him that means he doesn’t go to another school that may potentially play them. Even if he is there for a year or two and transfers it’s a year or two of potentially not playing against him. Power conference teams can never have enough talent at the skill positions it’s up to the kid to determine what is the best situation for him.

Hopefully for us that is Charlotte but I’m not going to get upset with the kid. I just hope he picks the best situation for him and not his coaches.[/quote] I’m familiar with that tactic. If you are looking from the player’s perspective, keeping him from playing is not a defensible reason.
Just another example of how sleezy football recruiting is.

Hopefully for us that is Charlotte but I’m not going to get upset with the kid. I just hope he picks the best situation for him and not his coaches.[/quote]

No one has enough talent at the skill positions. What I hope he looks at is the path to a starting job. If he come here, he could redshirt for a year and be a freshman on a team that has a graduating senior qb. If he works hard, learns the system and is good, he could start here for three years.

Hopefully for us that is Charlotte but I’m not going to get upset with the kid. I just hope he picks the best situation for him and not his coaches.[/quote]

No one has enough talent at the skill positions. What I hope he looks at is the path to a starting job. If he come here, he could redshirt for a year and be a freshman on a team that has a graduating senior qb. If he works hard, learns the system and is good, he could start here for three years.[/quote]

Welp. I’ll eat my words…He’s headed to IU…Damn

No one has enough talent at the skill positions. What I hope he looks at is the path to a starting job. If he come here, he could redshirt for a year and be a freshman on a team that has a graduating senior qb. If he works hard, learns the system and is good, he could start here for three years.[/quote]

Welp. I’ll eat my words…He’s headed to IU…Damn[/quote]

It’s okay. He’ll be recruited over and then play at a really swell FCS team in 3 years.

well that was exciting! :o :frowning:

Well that royally sucks. Hate we lost a kid who would of actually of started here and been successful. On to the next guy.

I think this is covered in the 10 Niner Commandments somewhere…

A commit is a commit to me. Backing out of a commit makes you an asshole. But with the new “alternative facts” attitude, I shouldn’t be surprised and I’m not. If kids want to look at all their options, that’s OK. But they should do it BEFORE they “commit”, and keep their options open publicly. Not commit and back out. This shit pisses me off. I don’t give a damn if this kid, his parents or his damn HS coach sees this. They can all go fuck themselves. This prick is a little liar and I wish him nothing but the worst. I NEVER want to see him even mentioning us again. And if he decides to transfer later, he can go to hell before I as a fan will accept him here.

i would have liked to land this kid but if you told me we could only keep him or the defensive lineman from south carolina we just got, i would take the defensive lineman. looked to be a good player and he’s going to need to be because he will be getting put behind a bad offensive line every week.

Fuck him.