Conference Realignment (Part 1)

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

[quote=“49erDrummer, post:1976, topic:23766”]And, there you have it.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/brett-mcmurphy/18923863/conference-usa-reloading-by-adding-6-schools[/quote]

Disregard my earlier panicky post.

I hope we can still keep some A10 series in hoops down the road.

clt may break out his 99 cusa conf champs shirt for a quick zep ride to Boone.

100% football move, nothing more. Still–I like it.
A lot of risk involved as well. If they don’t end up in FBS in 2015 as planned, this will look VERY bad on DuBois and Rose.

YESSSSSS! CUSA just feels like home. We’ll get the ***** beat out of us at first, but we’ll only get better. We have a lot to offer.
I’m going to really enjoy having rivalries again. I hate GWASH but it’s not really much of a rivalry outside of basketball; and I just never really felt there was much enmity between us and Richmond or X. These are big public schools like we are. This is where we belong.

clt adds that some cusa fans are already concerned about us going to the big east. clt says it is amazing how we are perceived outside of the observers office.

I’ll take it! Now to get that 4th C-USA basketball championship! :cool:

And our 1st CUSA Football Championship by 2018. ;D

total football move, but I like it. Potential for more (and better) rivalries and a better chance of winning in basketball. Good day to be a 49er.

I see no reason, given the resources and reach of this conference, why it can NOT be a perennial top 5 conference in FOOTBALL, MEN’S BASKETBALL and BASEBALL. That should be the conference members’ next goal.

clt says this conf should work for us, travel wise. CLT will become the largest hub for the worlds largest airline when us airways and American merge. We will have MANY flights between DFW and CLT.

I honestly believe if we can just manage to have some consistent success a handful of years in this league, we can use this as a stepping stone to the Big East or its future equivalent. We have the market and the facilities (and the Light Rail in 2017 doesn’t hurt). And with football, we’ll finally start to get the support we need locally. We just need an itsy bitsy show of promise and everything is there for the taking. I’m sure Rose has asked the BE what we need to do in order to be an eventual candidate and it looks like we are doing exactly what we need to do. Cheers to CUSA (for now)…

Very excited about the move to CUSA!!! The days of rivalries are back!

I like the cut of your jib. This doesn’t have to be our retirement home. This is our opportunity to finally put up or shut up. We’re on the cusp of some watershed moments in our institution’s history. In the next five years we’ll be playing FBS football, have a new AD and have a new Chancellor. We need to seize these moments and make sure the next 20 years don’t go like the past 20 years.

Nope. Getting, and staying FBS will be on us - boosters, students, alums, and fans. For all the crap the Admin and AD have taken on here the last 15 years, it’s now up to us to get the football program to the next level. The Admin did their job to get us in position to succeed, now it’s put up or shut up time from the boosters, alums, students and fans to get asses in the stadium beginning next fall. Whether you feel Dubois and Judy have done a great job getting us into CUSA or the TV market got us there, it’s our move now to keep us there. No more excuses.

Nope. Getting, and staying FBS will be on us - boosters, students, alums, and fans. For all the crap the Admin and AD have taken on here the last 15 years, it’s now up to us to get the football program to the next level. The Admin did their job to get us in position to succeed, now it’s put up or shut up time from the boosters, alums, students and fans to get asses in the stadium beginning next fall. Whether you feel Dubois and Judy have done a great job getting us into CUSA or the TV market got us there, it’s our move now to keep us there. No more excuses.[/quote]

Yep.

Nope. Getting, and staying FBS will be on us - boosters, students, alums, and fans. For all the crap the Admin and AD have taken on here the last 15 years, it’s now up to us to get the football program to the next level. The Admin did their job to get us in position to succeed, now it’s put up or shut up time from the boosters, alums, students and fans to get asses in the stadium beginning next fall. Whether you feel Dubois and Judy have done a great job getting us into CUSA or the TV market got us there, it’s our move now to keep us there. No more excuses.[/quote]

"Should’ve changed our name to UNC-B. We could write our own ticket then."
Taken from the App State delphi board.

Agree 100%. But ultimately who will take the fall? It will be the administration for pulling the trigger.
You’re absolutely right, but the perception will be that the admin put the school in the position, and if it falls through, the perception (especially among basketball fans) will be that it was their fault for leaving the A10 right before one of the most successful mid majors in the country joined up.