Conference Realignment (Part 1)

I’m so close to tapping out of college sports. This is so fucking stupid.

Don’t tap out! Everyone just needs to wait and see how things shake out. There are things that concerns me as well. But, I am just focusing on the games we have coming up, and rooting for my Niners.

2 Likes

Besides NWA, I am hoping to stop by one game day, and see the Normbulance!

I’m going to estimate I have 3 years in me to see where some of this lands. I love tailgating and seeing friends so that part will keep me engaged for awhile yet.

See that now ex-USC AD Mike Bohn was also suspected of inappropriate workplace behavior while at Cincy as well. So much for the initial “I am leaving due to health reasons” explanation for his sudden resignation!

1 Like

Everyone will need to check their livers in 3 years if it doesn’t work out here

I’m less worried about Biff. I can take us losing. What I can’t take is if the system is tilted so far against us that we can’t win. That isn’t a system I’m going to support.

1 Like

Excellent thread by David Hale of ESPN - he’s based here in CLT - about the ACC hub-bub:

https://twitter.com/ADavidHaleJoint/status/1659562691566895104

That was a great run down. Thanks for posting that.

This was telling

“ One last thing I’ll add here for context: Coaches and ADs don’t make decisions on things like realignment. School presidents and chancellors do. And many of them are not a fraction as invested in athletics as fans on Twitter are.”

Possibly why Pac12 hasn’t invited SDSU yet?

1 Like

clt says look at the teams invited up to the aac. academics matter

Actually it’s airports that matter.

1 Like

I hope it stays unlikely, that’s the worst case scenario for us if it happens now.

If the ACC added four Group of 5 teams my guess it would be UConn, SMU, Tulane, and USF.

1 Like

The interesting thing is though if they add schools the GoR opens back up and schools can leave without penalty.

Would they dare risk letting GoR deterrent go away for a time to add say Memphis and hope everyone locks back when it would enable Clemson and others to have a window to leave?

Would add to that list Temple and potentially Umass (not often mentioned on any additions lists) as well.

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1660651272838565892

USF would be a tough sell for FSU and Miami, I don’t think they make it due to geography in this scenario.

1 Like