Conference Realignment (Part 1)

Nope. Getting, and staying FBS will be on us - boosters, students, alums, and fans. For all the crap the Admin and AD have taken on here the last 15 years, it’s now up to us to get the football program to the next level. The Admin did their job to get us in position to succeed, now it’s put up or shut up time from the boosters, alums, students and fans to get asses in the stadium beginning next fall. Whether you feel Dubois and Judy have done a great job getting us into CUSA or the TV market got us there, it’s our move now to keep us there. No more excuses.[/quote][/quote]

Nope. Getting, and staying FBS will be on us - boosters, students, alums, and fans. For all the crap the Admin and AD have taken on here the last 15 years, it’s now up to us to get the football program to the next level. The Admin did their job to get us in position to succeed, now it’s put up or shut up time from the boosters, alums, students and fans to get asses in the stadium beginning next fall. Whether you feel Dubois and Judy have done a great job getting us into CUSA or the TV market got us there, it’s our move now to keep us there. No more excuses.[/quote]
Agree 100%. But ultimately who will take the fall? It will be the administration for pulling the trigger.
You’re absolutely right, but the perception will be that the admin put the school in the position, and if it falls through, the perception (especially among basketball fans) will be that it was their fault for leaving the A10 right before one of the most successful mid majors in the country joined up.[/quote]

If the admin takes the fall for us failing to average 15,000 fans, they would simply be scapegoats for the real culprits. Many people on this board turned up the heat to get football for Charlotte, and many 1000’s more alums and students begged for it. We got football, and now we have a pretty good home for it all things considered. If we fail to get to FBS, it will be our fault, not theirs. We pushed them to get us football, then pushed them to get us the best possible conference situation for it at this time. They’ve done their part, now it’s time to do ours.

Nope. Getting, and staying FBS will be on us - boosters, students, alums, and fans. For all the crap the Admin and AD have taken on here the last 15 years, it’s now up to us to get the football program to the next level. The Admin did their job to get us in position to succeed, now it’s put up or shut up time from the boosters, alums, students and fans to get asses in the stadium beginning next fall. Whether you feel Dubois and Judy have done a great job getting us into CUSA or the TV market got us there, it’s our move now to keep us there. No more excuses.[/quote]
Agree 100%. But ultimately who will take the fall? It will be the administration for pulling the trigger.
You’re absolutely right, but the perception will be that the admin put the school in the position, and if it falls through, the perception (especially among basketball fans) will be that it was their fault for leaving the A10 right before one of the most successful mid majors in the country joined up.[/quote]

If the admin takes the fall for us failing to average 15,000 fans, they would simply be scapegoats for the real culprits. Many people on this board turned up the heat to get football for Charlotte, and many 1000’s more alums and students begged for it. We got football, and now we have a pretty good home for it all things considered. If we fail to get to FBS, it will be our fault, not theirs. We pushed them to get us football, then pushed them to get us the best possible conference situation for it at this time. They’ve done their part, now it’s time to do ours.[/quote]

Yep, too.

If the admin takes the fall for us failing to average 15,000 fans, they would simply be scapegoats for the real culprits. Many people on this board turned up the heat to get football for Charlotte, and many 1000’s more alums and students begged for it. We got football, and now we have a pretty good home for it all things considered. If we fail to get to FBS, it will be our fault, not theirs. We pushed them to get us football, then pushed them to get us the best possible conference situation for it at this time. They’ve done their part, now it’s time to do ours.[/quote]

Yep, too.[/quote]

I agree with most of this - however it is still on them to market us correctly and to continue to engage this city. Football though should make that much easier. Just not ready to say their job is done.

Think App gets shut out this week. Ga State, Ga Southern, Texas St and UTA most likely adds. Shot that NMSU as well.

Plenty of laffs to have if App get’s left in FCS.

Indulge in the goodness:

http://www.appfan.com/2012/05/01/sun-belt-adding-a-couple-notches/#comments

all those other boards make me <3 NNN even more. this board is first class.

You know, I was thinking the same thing last night when I was running through every board. Stay classy Niner Nation…

Niners have ALWAYS been classier than other fanbases. BTW, whatever happened to HP23?

I’m sending a check to the 49er club for 49.49 for getting us to CUSA.
You should do the same.
Start spending those fantasy $$$$$$$$$$.

[quote=“Tintin, post:2011, topic:23766”]I’m sending a check to the 49er club for 49.49 for getting us to CUSA.
You should do the same.
Start spending those fantasy $$$$$$$$$$.[/quote]

I’m sending 49er Club payment as well. My last FSL payemnt will go in the mail in a few weeks.

I just made my last FSL payment. Soon we’ll be watching teams like So Miss and ECU come to town. Can’t wait.

According to Star Tribune, Football to be FBS in 2015-16 if attendance goals are met.
http://www.startribune.com/sports/150026775.html

Not sure how I feel about starting so soon. It could take a looooong time to start winning conference games.

…or not.

[quote=“Hooner49, post:2015, topic:23766”]Not sure how I feel about starting so soon. It could take a looooong time to start winning conference games.

…or not.[/quote]

I’d rather deal with it sooner than later. The recruits are paying attention too, and if we play FBS level sooner we can go ahead and get take our licks in seasons 3 and 4 instead of in seasons 5 and 6. We aren’t going to get FBS talent until the recruits know when are going to be FBS. Since that appears to be in 2015, we might land a few recruits this coming year of FBS caliber rather that it being 2015 and beyond before we land that caliber of talent.

If that expectation is out there, we can go ahead and sell FBS football to recruits. After 2 years of development, they’ll be playing football at it’s highest level.

[quote=“X-49er, post:2016, topic:23766”][quote=“Hooner49, post:2015, topic:23766”]Not sure how I feel about starting so soon. It could take a looooong time to start winning conference games.

…or not.[/quote]

I’d rather deal with it sooner than later. The recruits are paying attention too, and if we play FBS level sooner we can go ahead and get take our licks in seasons 3 and 4 instead of in seasons 5 and 6. We aren’t going to get FBS talent until the recruits know when are going to be FBS. Since that appears to be in 2015, we might land a few recruits this coming year of FBS caliber rather that it being 2015 and beyond before we land that caliber of talent.[/quote]

Good point. I guess a few seasons worth of butt whuppin is inevitable, it’s just a matter of when you want to start.

[quote=“Hooner49, post:2018, topic:23766”][quote=“X-49er, post:2016, topic:23766”][quote=“Hooner49, post:2015, topic:23766”]Not sure how I feel about starting so soon. It could take a looooong time to start winning conference games.

…or not.[/quote]

I’d rather deal with it sooner than later. The recruits are paying attention too, and if we play FBS level sooner we can go ahead and get take our licks in seasons 3 and 4 instead of in seasons 5 and 6. We aren’t going to get FBS talent until the recruits know when are going to be FBS. Since that appears to be in 2015, we might land a few recruits this coming year of FBS caliber rather that it being 2015 and beyond before we land that caliber of talent.[/quote]

Good point. I guess a few seasons worth of butt whuppin is inevitable, it’s just a matter of when you want to start.[/quote]

Well put.

Why wait to play at the highest level? Are there no chances that we can schedule scrimmages during the first year? That could generate a ton of interest and publicity not to mention revenue.