Conference Realignment (Part 1)

FYI - Augustana has won D-II national championships in men’s basketball (2016) and baseball (2018). In addition, women’s hoops made it to the Final Four (2013) and wrestling has a couple of national runner-up seasons (2005, 2010).

Now official.

Guessing I’m not the only one who didn’t realize there was a Dixie State? lol

1 Like

Among NN.N “old timers,” Dixie State best known as the landing spot for Vincent Grier between his respective stints as a Niner frosh and then as a Minnesota Gopher upperclassman.

1 Like

clt didn’t see our invite to the SEC, #fakenews

Even if we were in this top 100 I’d hate this concept. The NCAA isn’t supposed to be pro or semi-pro. It’s amateur athletics and I hate that these get rich guys keep pushing this elitist agenda.

1 Like

I know it’s supposed to be “amateur athletics” but it isn’t and hasn’t been for a very long time. The idea of top level college football being “amateur” is very dead.

D-II Bellarmine University in Louisville latest to consider move to D-I. Private Catholic school with an enrollment of almost 4,000 students.

https://twitter.com/danielle_lerner/status/1118981124926132229

Bellarmine

Bellarmine to D-I in 2020 now official.

Raise your hand if you never heard of Ballarmine before this.

Figured this needed to be posted here as well:

When it comes to realignment, words mean very little! Also reminded of the recent $40 million deficit in UConn athletics.

For those just reading headlines, that article is from February.