Conference Realignment (Part 1)

That’s why I prefaced it with those words. Anyway, assuming the incoming president is on board with this move.

This article says they are unlikely to remain in AAC

Looks like formal announcement coming next week per this report.

I feel like ESPN will have a seat at the table telling the AAC what they need to do. Maybe the biggest seat.

1 Like

Mike hill went on and on about the exposure we got from the next chair thing. Commissioners, ads, coaches. He said the common theme was “wow, we didn’t know your campus had all this”. Timing could be great.

I wish I was optimistic like some of you guys but I see 0 chance for us if the aac adds anyone in the next 2-3 years.

Hey, NN. You’re correct. But let’s not try to burst bubbles on fan forums.

In Hill, Healy, Sanchez, we trust.

As far from expansion candidates as we are now, we’re light years ahead of where we were.

2 Likes

I think you’re both wrong actually and it appears several national writers do as well, since they have listed Charlotte as a likely frontrunner.

Frontrunner? Can you link those articles and tweets? I’d love to read them.

There were earlier links in shoutbox. One was from someone at CBS sports. Tom fornelli.

Here’s the Fornelli piece:

There was another one I saw somewhere earlier today that actually had the schools listed in priority order (by the author) and we were first, but I will have to look for it again.

I wouldn’t put too much stock into speculation on which schools could be on the AAC’s radar to replace UConn.

clt says we will need to start lax and swimming programs now

“Mr. Hill, the American Athletic Conference Commissioner is on line 1.”

1 Like

clt is hearing that the football team just purchased P6 stickers.

It is happening