Conference Realignment (Part 1)

clt says this is all Boston college’s fault, but has worked out amazingly well for us

Losing LA makes that SDSU market look appealing. What does their tv deal look like post ucla and usc?

I know the fear of getting left behind and the constant losing has cal alumni debating if they should stick to being named Cal or go all in in on just being called Berkeley on all things since thats the brand name they better known for. I think a lot of west coast teams want some east coast exposure.

1 Like

Maybe they should be debating if they should pull a U of Chicago since their academics are so precious. Maybe Stanford would join them.

Changing their actual name to Berkeley would be so dumb and change nothing.

Here is a nice little article with a summary of the current situation.

They probably do need to add at least SDSU and one other mountain west team to have extra game inventory.

The problem is will Cal be able to hold their nose and be in a conference with a CU school?

If they’re pragmatic they go for UNLV and make that the permanent site of their conference championships.

People WILL travel to LV to see their team. When I was there earlier this year Notre Dame had a game with BYU and OMG there were Notre Dame fans all over the place.

There are likely thousands of alumni of every PAC school in LA which is only a few hours drive from LV.

If they don’t grab UNLV then the AAC should if someone bolts.

In regard to the media rights floor. There is no way the PAC rights are equal in value to the B12. If they get the same or more then I think it’s cause some streamers came in and warped the market.

https://sports360az.com/2022/12/pac-12-media-rights-whats-next-for-the-conference-after-uclas-official-departure/amp/

1 Like

BTW, it’s 1,400 miles from Charlotte to Fargo.

Definitely a couple of bathroom breaks if you decide to drive it.

1 Like

clt would pick the SEC if it was his choice

1 Like

Be interesting to see how aggressive the new Big X commissioner will be about adding new teams.

3 Likes

Feels like a mic drop leave them wanting more moment. He must really love the NFL

Yep. As noted, an NFL executive from 1997-2003 and 2005-19 prior to taking Big Ten post.

:roll_eyes: like they can’t schedule it out of conference. Weak.

2 Likes

That bad blood is real.

Didn’t realize that St. Thomas was on a five transition to D-I, apparently since they are moving directly from D-III to the top division.