Confetti at games, good or bad?

Be honest, please.

I especially like it because Bearcat fans don’t.

Its got to be a pain in the ass to pick up…My three kids like it for whatever that’s worth. On school nights I’ll try to sneek out a little early to get back to Winston but the middle guy won’t let me cause he wants to see the confetti fly.

Well the confetti guy jinxed us against Bama because he rolled the machine out with 2 minutes to go in regulation and with 1 minute to go at the end of the 1st 2 overtimes.

The confetti is really cool. Plus I don’t know many schools that do confetti for normal victories. It really seems to work in Halton.

Yeah, I like it. It doesn’t look too hard to clean up. The guy with the broom just takes a few swipes and has it up in like 15 minutes.

I really hate it when confetti doesn’t fly after a home game…

To those who are soooo bothered by our confetti strewn victories: GET THE F OVER IT!!!

I like the confetti.

I heard Fudge talking about it last night. I got in my car & before I could change the station away from FNZ to 95.7, I heard Fudge & his guest (I think Poole) mocking our confetti. They made it sound like it was only a one-time event because of the “big game”. Apparently Poole was at our game. I doubt too many of the wal-mart fans picked up on it, put he alluded to being at the game.

I guess that made the actual attendance 9104 instead of 9105 because I’m sure he took up 2 seats.

If its good enough for the superbowl its good enough for us

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Feb 8 2005, 08:23 PM [b] I heard Fudge & his guest (I think Poole) mocking our confetti. They made it sound like it was only a one-time event because of the "big game". Apparently Poole was at our game. [/b]
First of all, what are you doing listening to Fudge? You only listing to elevator music stations. I doubt either Packer or Poole has been around at the end of any 49er games to know that confetti is a regular event after ANY victory. As for Pool being in the building, will someone please contact a member of the security staff the next time you see him in the building? He should be permanently banned from entry.

I love the confetti, it’s a uniqueness of Halton.

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Feb 8 2005, 08:23 PM [b] I heard Fudge talking about it last night. I got in my car & before I could change the station away from FNZ to 95.7, I heard Fudge & his guest (I think Poole) mocking our confetti. They made it sound like it was only a one-time event because of the "big game". Apparently Poole was at our game. I doubt too many of the wal-mart fans picked up on it, put he alluded to being at the game.

I guess that made the actual attendance 9104 instead of 9105 because I’m sure he took up 2 seats. [/b]

Geez, where is this coming from all of a sudden? I mean, our other TV games this year, Louisville last year, and all the other games - it’s been there. Where did this “we broke out the confetti because it was Cincy” belief come from? It seems like one person started it, then it just rolled. I had a Chapel Hill friend of mine ask me about it also. He heard that we broke out the confetti because we beat Cincy.

[b]Where did this "we broke out the confetti because it was Cincy" belief come from[/b]

Ignorance is bliss.

It was on Sportscenter (actually the shot looked damn cool) and apparently it’s being talked about on some radio show. Because people who don’t follow the program listen to this program, they’re going to think as negatively as possible.

Personally, I don’t care for it. I’m always having to point out a piece of it that fell off the scoreboard before the game to a ref. If it went away I wouldn’t miss it. HOWEVER, all I care about is the game itself, so it doesn’t better me in the least. If most people like it, keep it. If it ticks off the right people, definitely keep it.

Some of my friends from HS who ended up at ACC schools have been to our games, and all of them have said something to the effect of “Man, I wish we’d do that after wins - that’s pretty cool.” I say keep it.

i say we keep using the confetti and use even more of it. we could become famous for our confetti.

someone told me they heard the same junk on packer. i told him i heard packer had lost a large percentage of his audience because he is a jerk and does not appeal to the college educated crowd. i also told him the latest surveys reveal less than 10% of packer’s listeners have a high school degree. later today the same person asked me what station i listen to in the afternoon. perhaps i cost packer a listener.

:smiley:

Don’t worry fellas, NECKCAR is starting soon. Those hacks will have something they love to talk about. They pick on the Niners when they are bored and it is slow news time.

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Feb 8 2005, 08:32 PM [b] First of all, what are you doing listening to Fudge? You only listing to elevator music stations. [/b]
The radio had been on MSP in the morning & in the afternoon I heard a$$hole packer talking about us before I could change the station to 95.7 (great classic rock station, HP).

Poole once told me in an e-mail that he attends some of our games. He probably pulls against us.