Congrats to Alabama

I thought a seperate thread was necessary to congratulate Alabama on their victory. Although, we could and probably should have won, we did not.

Alabama looked very good. They hit a lot of tough, big time shots to keep them in the game until we ultimately gave in. They took our best shot (with the exception of Plav and Withers at the FT line) and hung in there. They could have folded several times. They were very balanced, ran the floor well, played solid defense and rebound very well. Looked to well coached (we’ll give the credit here to Orlando).

I expect them to do well in the SEC and beyond and wish them much success.

Bama seems like a much better team than their ranking. They had something like 4 players in double figures didn’t they?

Keep winning Bama, we need the RPI boost.

We’ll do our best to keep winning. :slight_smile:

The one thing I couldn’t believe is that we held together when 3 of our starters fouled out.

alabama looks like a final four team.

[i]Originally posted by finalfourtyniners[/i]@Dec 5 2004, 06:23 PM [b] alabama looks like a final four team. [/b]
Let's be realistic.
[i]Originally posted by s9er+Dec 5 2004, 08:36 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (s9er @ Dec 5 2004, 08:36 PM)

Their starting 5 is one of the best 15 in the nation, but they have no depth. In games that the refs call fouls, it will hurt them more than it did against us. If they manage to stay out of foul trouble in the NCAA Tourney, they can make a deep run.

they may have no depth, but they won with only 2 starters left on the court… :frowning:

thats cause we can’t maintain a 15 point lead to save our lives thats two games this year that we have blown them

[b]they may have no depth, but they won with only 2 starters left on the court... [/b]

I’ll quote myself on this one.

In games that the refs call fouls, it will hurt them more than it did against us

Winston fouled out 4 times, but none were called. They won’t get that benefit all of the time.

Alabama deserves a ton of credit. I felt by the 3rd OT we would have them. They kept fighting and Shelton and Winston can flat out play and tore us up. They showed why they made the elite 8. I think we were up something like 9 points with 5 minutes to go in the 2nd half. From there they went on a 15-6 run to close out the half and tie it.