Consuegra signs 3-year extension thru 2019

Charlotte49ers.com: Consuegra inks three-year extension with 49ers

Do we know her new salary? I hope it is not more than Lambert’s.

[quote=“PARMAN, post:2, topic:28832”]Do we know her new salary? I hope it is not more than Lambert’s.[/quote] Most likely the same as her old salary. I’m less concerned with that than with our ability next year to pay Lambert a salary comparable to other
football coaches at our new level.

Football staff salaries will all increase when we move to CUSA.

How did she sign an extension after her 1st losing season? :o

Does it really surprise you?

That’s how we roll SCK

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:5, topic:28832”]How did she sign an extension after her 1st losing season? :o[/quote]I have wondered how being pregnant and having a new baby impacted her last year. I think both the baby and being HC take tons of time so something had to give. She isn’t the first coach to do it, but she is our first basketball coach to do it, so maybe we just need to give her a mulligan for last year. Consuegra seems like a good coach so I hope we get back on track this year.

I don’t think she’s a bad coach, but it is odd to get an extension after a losing season, & it’s also odd to blame pregnancy on losing.

Nugget, we need to play golf some time. With the way you give out those mulligans, I can probably knock 3 or 4 strokes off my score.

Does it really surprise you?[/quote]

At least we are consistent.

She actually has gone to post season on a regular basis, is 21 games over .500, attendance going up, much more engaging to speak with, GPAs going up, recognized as an elite coach by invitation, winning at home and many other stats. She has done far more to warrant this than the other guy did to get his.

If Major had had all of that signing him to an extension wouldn’t have been so bad. Good job Cara. Putting losing on pregnancy though is bush league and I am sure Cara would say the same thing. Plenty of women perform at their jobs, some much more stressful than a basketball coach, at a high level.

She actually has gone to post season on a regular basis, is 21 games over .500, attendance going up, much more engaging to speak with, GPAs going up, recognized as an elite coach by invitation, winning at home and many other stats. She has done far more to warrant this than the other guy did to get his.

If Major had had all of that signing him to an extension wouldn’t have been so bad. Good job Cara. Putting losing on pregnancy though is bush league and I am sure Cara would say the same thing. Plenty of women perform at their jobs, some much more stressful than a basketball coach, at a high level.[/quote]

First of all I don’t think losing got her pregnant. SCK do you know how this works? ::slight_smile:

In this case being pregnant is the same as being out for back surgery. It has nothing to do with having a baby, but with time. Being a Head Coach takes far more than 40 hours per week and a good bit of travel. I am sure Consuegra probably had 4-5 months where she was not doing nearly the work she has done in previous years. At my office we can shift responsibilities around when someone is out and never miss a beat, but her job is unique and nobody on the staff can completely cover for her. If losing a good chunk of your Head Coach’s time and efforts one year has no impact you have the wrong Head Coach.

I think work-life balance must be damn near impossible for basketball coaches, so I applaude her for starting a family. All I am saying is that we probably need to take a longer term look at her job performance than last year’s record.

If Major had had all of that signing him to an extension wouldn’t have been so bad. Good job Cara. Putting losing on pregnancy though is bush league and I am sure Cara would say the same thing. Plenty of women perform at their jobs, some much more stressful than a basketball coach, at a high level.[/quote]To be fair, Cara inherited a program that was in the midst of success and the previous coach wasn’t fired. Not apples to apples. More like, apples to oranges.

If Major had had all of that signing him to an extension wouldn’t have been so bad. Good job Cara. Putting losing on pregnancy though is bush league and I am sure Cara would say the same thing. Plenty of women perform at their jobs, some much more stressful than a basketball coach, at a high level.[/quote]To be fair, Cara inherited a program that was in the midst of success and the previous coach wasn’t fired. Not apples to apples. More like, apples to oranges.[/quote]

Agree 100% - I was just illustrating for Kenny that she earned her extension, her poor year was not the norm and her statistics point to the program being on good footing with her leadership. The best you can say about the other coach is that the jury is still out.

If Major had had all of that signing him to an extension wouldn’t have been so bad. Good job Cara. Putting losing on pregnancy though is bush league and I am sure Cara would say the same thing. Plenty of women perform at their jobs, some much more stressful than a basketball coach, at a high level.[/quote]To be fair, Cara inherited a program that was in the midst of success and the previous coach wasn’t fired. Not apples to apples. More like, apples to oranges.[/quote]

Agree 100% - I was just illustrating for Kenny that she earned her extension, her poor year was not the norm and her statistics point to the program being on good footing with her leadership. The best you can say about the other coach is that the jury is still out.[/quote]

You were wrong by trying to bring logic to a SCK drive by comment. This is where you failed.

Bite me Char SF.

If Major had had all of that signing him to an extension wouldn’t have been so bad. Good job Cara. Putting losing on pregnancy though is bush league and I am sure Cara would say the same thing. Plenty of women perform at their jobs, some much more stressful than a basketball coach, at a high level.[/quote]To be fair, Cara inherited a program that was in the midst of success and the previous coach wasn’t fired. Not apples to apples. More like, apples to oranges.[/quote] Cara’s a great person. I’m happy she got extended because I like her. She has a winning record largely on the strength of a front line two season ago which was better than 95% of the teams in the country.
We have yet to win a conference tournament game under her tenure in spite of having teams superior to the opposition all three times. We lose close games about 90% of the time because our end game management is terrible (Some of that is on her staff). I really want her to succeed.

She seems like a nice lady. That said we haven’t sniffed the dance in her tenure and as noted before,haven’t even won a conf. tourney game.

Just seems to me like another glaring example of how Judy not only accepts mediocrity but rewards it.

Remember when we were relevant in BBall??? Neither do I .

I’m not used to a Women’s B-Ball Coach staying. I expect them all to leave for more $.

The successful ones do.