Cornrows, dreads, etc.

one thing I have noticed is that nobody on our team has ever had (to my knowledge) cornrows or dreads or anything of such. last year during the green/white game pigford did, and curtis did last spring after the season. during the scrimmage i saw a couple of players with them (drayton, iti…that looked like a girl by the way). I know Coach K at duke is hardcore against anything flashy does anyone know if bobby is highly against it? Do you think it hurts recruiting?

as long as withers doesn’t have his headband over his eyes, i’m cool.

i remember the pigford cornrows, i didn’t mind them much on him… they kinda fit his personality (notice the blatent association of cornrows with thugishness/hardnosed play). I don’t think Iti they would look good on Iti.

now lutz on the other hand… I could see him with some tight braids :slight_smile:

Didn’t Tory Reed have cornrows?

[i]Originally posted by Sideshow[/i]@Nov 14 2004, 04:12 PM [b] Didn't Tory Reed have cornrows? [/b]
Jon Neely had that stuff on the back of his head.
[b] Jon Neely had that stuff on the back of his head.[/b]

oh yeah. what the heck was that anyway? or maybe i don’t want to know.

[i]Originally posted by Sideshow[/i]@Nov 14 2004, 04:12 PM [b] Didn't Tory Reed have cornrows? [/b]
As did Jermaine Williams
[b]Jon Neely had that stuff on the back of his head. [/b]

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I remember that (whatever it was) as well.

Neely is the worst basketball player I’ve seen since beginning to attend Niner games.
Took twice as long to get his shot off and twice as likely to get the ball stripped as Tory Reed.

Brutal… I wish he had cornrows that covered that thing up. Maybe he would have been easier to watch.

[i]Originally posted by barker14[/i]@Nov 14 2004, 09:28 PM [b]
[b]Jon Neely had that stuff on the back of his head. [/b]

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I remember that (whatever it was) as well. [/b]

He had a Rice Krispy Treat on the back of his neck!!!

Nash and Reed both sported cornrows during the 02-03 season. I think Nash had his for most of the season.

[i]Originally posted by Anborn[/i]@Nov 14 2004, 04:44 PM [b] now lutz on the other hand... I could see him with some tight braids :) [/b]
Great idea! Lutz could definately mould with his players, and i may be a little behind but has Lutz grown the mustach back yet, maybe he could go with the fu-man-chu.