Could this be a radio solution

SIRIUS Satellite Radio Adds Four A-10 Schools For Men’s College Basketball Broadcasts, Atlantic10.org

If we were to go to satellite only, though, that would take out a pretty big chunk of what listener base we have.

If I could get Niner broadcasts on satellite, I’d sign up for the service immediately. Then again, Yahoo is free…

[i]Originally posted by SF4Nynah[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 12:33 PM [b] If we were to go to satellite only, though, that would take out a pretty big chunk of what listener base we have. [/b]
I doubt it. Satelite radio would make our games available anywhere in the ConUS.

Also, sirius is on $12/month and if you can’t afford that, you probably should be looking for another job instead of listening to basketball games.

That would be great for me since I am already a Sirius subscriber. :slight_smile: Louisville did the same thing recently. I’m not sure if that prevents games from being broadcast on other stations (am/fm) or not. I would assume that they could still do the webcasts at the very least… Either way I think it would be a good move… as of right now the wfnz broadcasts are only availabe to a very limited number of listeners. Sirius is nationwide.

Not having to listen to fudge packer alone make the $12/month worth it.

Well atleast we know that we will have a minimum of 4 games on Sirius next season.

I’m already a Sirius subscriber, and NO, it does not prohibit local broadcasts. Its like the NFL games, you get to hear the Home and Away broadcasts, your choice, with scrolling stats on the display. They (sirius) broadcast the same coverage from the teams home announcer, Sirius doesn’t have their own announcers.

It would be an awesome thing if we got picked up on Sirius, then all Niner Fans around the country could listen. Also, you can set the Niners as your favorite team, and the display will notify you when anything about them is on. Its awesome.

I’m all for it…just when I thought satellite radio couldn’t get any better…

clt demands that niner basketball be on xm.

I have XM

[i]Originally posted by oldniner[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 04:16 PM [b] I have XM [/b]
clt thinks that was the best post ever.

Bring it !! If this were to get rid of the annoying delay we experience with Yahoo (I assume it would) I’m all for it !!