Countdown to Dubois Recommendation

I know it isn’t the Official yes or no, but…

IT IS ONLY[B][SIZE=7][COLOR=darkgreen]41[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] DAYS AWAY! Not 10, dang it.

I know it isn't the Official yes or no, but....

IT IS ONLY[SIZE=7][COLOR=darkgreen]10[/COLOR][/SIZE] DAYS AWAY!

I can’t believe it’s already here.

Isnt it September 18th?

Isnt it September 18th?

It is. 41 more days.

My bet is that there will be no decision until the December board meeting.

dangit guys - way to get me all excited like somehow I missed the announcement that he would be making a recommendation earlier…

Then again - August 18th isnt when schools in… and I’m a big fan of the “he wouldnt wait till the students are back in school to say ‘No’ - that would be career suicide where the students are concerned!” so maybe I’m happy its still sept :biggrin:

DANG IT!

I thought it was August 18th.

Dear Lord this guy is stalling.

My bet is that there will be no decision until the December board meeting.

I’ll take that bet! :tongue:

Let me rephrase… CHP will make his recommendation and the BOT will table any decision until December.

[QUOTE=HP49er;332810]Let me rephrase… CHP will make his recommendation and the BOT will table any decision until December.[/QUOTE]

Wow! How much time to they need to digest the information? Something else has to be going on behind the scenes that we’re not aware of. Could CHP be talking to a few business leaders in Charlotte?

Wow! How much time to they need to digest the information? Something else has to be going on behind the scenes that we're not aware of. Could CHP be talking to a few business leaders in Charlotte?
I was wondering the same thing, although I was wondering if CHP and/or some of the trustees were talking to business leaders.
Could CHP be talking to a few business leaders in Charlotte?
Yes, but I'm not going further in to detail.
Yes, but I'm not going further in to detail.

aww… WTF? Cmonnnnnnnnn… PM?

I’ll write a check for $5 Million or more if they promised not to try & go to the bank until after they say Yes to football.

Let me rephrase... CHP will make his recommendation and the BOT will table any decision until December.

I’ll still take that bet!
:shades:

[QUOTE=Upstate49er;332812]Something else has to be going on behind the scenes that we’re not aware of.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to Charlotte. Everything is treated like a secret and communication is pisspoor.

Due to all the delays, I have been pessimistic about what CHP will do. However, for the past 3 weeks, I’ve actually come over to the optimistic camp.
It was due to a chance meeting with a former Niner who is tight with the athletic dept. and his former (non-basketball) coach. He told me someone in the athletic dept. told him we are definitely getting football and a coach will be hired this fall. This guy had no reason to bs me, and seemed certain his info was correct.
I know this is here say, and worth nothing, but it does give me hope.
Were the outcome to be no to football, we will need to tar and feather CHP, at least his HEELS !!
Anyway, I thought I would pass on this for all who care.
Why are we so hip on joining the Big East if and when re-allignment comes? If we actually had football, wouldn’t we be an excellent candidate for the Southeastern Conference? Even if we were the worst team in the league, we’d be the best in NC most years. Doesn’t anyone think the SEC would love the Charlotte TV market and a chance to erode the ACC’s lock on our market? I think the casual fan out there would rather see U of C play Alabama or USC, rather than Louisville or USF.

[QUOTE=719er;333081]
Why are we so hip on joining the Big East if and when re-allignment comes? If we actually had football, wouldn’t we be an excellent candidate for the Southeastern Conference? Even if we were the worst team in the league, we’d be the best in NC most years. Doesn’t anyone think the SEC would love the Charlotte TV market and a chance to erode the ACC’s lock on our market? I think the casual fan out there would rather see U of C play Alabama or USC, rather than Louisville or USF.[/QUOTE]

I think most of us thinking and hoping Big East because their current alignment is set to implode. Too many schools, basketball only schools and an expiring TV contract makes our arrival there seem somewhat of a logical step. Add in to that the notion that the Big East would most likely LOVE to get a foot in the middle of ACC country after what the ACC pulled just makes us more attractive. The SEC would rock - but I just can not see anyway we could slide in there.

[QUOTE=719er;333081]Why are we so hip on joining the Big East if and when re-allignment comes? If we actually had football, wouldn’t we be an excellent candidate for the Southeastern Conference? Even if we were the worst team in the league, we’d be the best in NC most years. Doesn’t anyone think the SEC would love the Charlotte TV market and a chance to erode the ACC’s lock on our market? I think the casual fan out there would rather see U of C play Alabama or USC, rather than Louisville or USF.[/QUOTE]

I’d like to win the lottery, be the star of a professional sports franchise, fly like superman, and date super models with real personalities and triple digit IQs, but each of these things is more likely than the Niners receiving an invite to the SEC.

Yeah, SEC has the best brand in sports, and probably the best overall teams.

Why would they make a stupid mistake like say, the ACC?