ÂżCree usted en milagros?

¡ Si ! I do believe in miracles! I can’t wait for the movie version of the PR team stomping the punks (Duncan excluded) of the NBA. Next time, take a team that has players that CARE and CAN HIT FROM THE 3!!!

And that can play (& want to) play defense… And that understands basketball is a TEAM game…

Okay, hate the NBA if you want to, but last I checked the guys playing in the Olympics were wearing USA jerseys. Did you pull against the under 20 team too, because there were Tareheels and Demon Deacons on the team??

Put aside your hatred for the NBA and root for the team. That’s just ridiculous.

[i]Originally posted by bobblinlutz[/i]@Aug 16 2004, 10:54 AM [b] Okay, hate the NBA if you want to, but last I checked the guys playing in the Olympics were wearing USA jerseys. Did you pull against the under 20 team too, because there were Tareheels and Demon Deacons on the team??

Put aside your hatred for the NBA and root for the team. That’s just ridiculous. [/b]

I ALWAYS pull for the USA teams. But this one lost because of the sorry NBA style of b-ball they tried to play against a TEAM. B-ball is a team sport and the NBA has ruined the concept and for that I do not like it.

bobblin, I never said I did not pull for the team. I just voiced displeasure at their style of play. many of you often express displeasure with the way the 9ers play at times, but you still pull for the team.

Sorry Over40, was not directing that statement at you, but to 49er1 who now says he pulls for Team USA, even though his post was about how he can’t wait to see the movie version of this game.

I love how people are talking about these “punks” losing when, I think they should at least be given credit for being there. Be pissed at the guys who didn’t go or at the people who picked the team.

But don’t call out these players who, believe it or not ARE overmatched from a team standpoint. They can’t get it together after like 4 practices and a few exhibitions. It didn’t matter when it was Bird, Magic, Jordan, and Barkley…or Pippen, Barkley, and Shaq…or even Kidd, Allen, and KG, but this team is not nearly at that superstar level.

Clearly, after the top tier players declined, then the second tier players declined, the Team was assembled based on marketing, not winning. And now it’s showing. I certainly know we can get beat again, but I’m at least hopeful we don’t. I’m not so sure it’s the same way for all you “I hate the NBA” guys.

I WILL NOT be rooting for this USA Basketball team because I think its a horrible representation of America. I dont wanna see them win the gold and be all over my cereal box and on every magazine cover. Id rather they not medal and be the laughing stock of every sports report in the world! I will cheer on the other US teams because they are incredibly talented athletes with the passion and heart of champions. That is what lacks in the basketball team and why they dont deserve a gold medal.

[b]I WILL NOT be rooting for this USA Basketball team because I think its a horrible representation of America. I dont wanna see them win the gold and be all over my cereal box and on every magazine cover. Id rather they not medal and be the laughing stock of every sports report in the world! I will cheer on the other US teams because they are incredibly talented athletes with the passion and heart of champions. That is what lacks in the basketball team and why they dont deserve a gold medal. [/b]

I’m sure they’d be saddened to not have your support, since it’s so apparent that you know what you’re talking about. How do you measure the “heart of a champion”?? Duncan has two NBA championships, Okafor, Anthony, and Boozer won NCAA championships, Iverson and Jefferson have been to the NBA finals, Dwayne Wade and Jefferson (I think) to the Final 4.

So I guess the lack of talent and heart for you then goes down to Lebron, Amare Stoudamire, Shawn Marion, Stephon Marbury?? Well, I’m with you on that one because I think they could left all those guys at home. But as for the others, they’ve won things and they are talented. The funny thing is that if they had added a Fred Hoiberg or Brian Cardinal, we probably wouldn’t be having this discussion b/c we wouldn’t have lost by 20 to Puerto Rico with some shooters. And lord knows the first thing you think about with either of those guys is NOT talent.

By the way, I am in no way supporting the performance of one Richard Jefferson yesterday who, as best I can remember, had the worst game ever in a USA basketball uniform. Hitting the side of the backboard…twice!!! And missing a 3-footer to get us within 6!!! But he did have a great dunk, didn’t he???

[b]Okay, hate the NBA if you want to, but last I checked the guys playing in the Olympics were wearing USA jerseys. Did you pull against the under 20 team too, because there were Tareheels and Demon Deacons on the team??[/b]

This has nothing to do with ACC or other teams, at least for me. I don’t care what the outcome of the Olympics are, I’m just glad that these guys are being exposed when forced to play by the rules. It’s a little harder to beat a team that outplays you even though you have 3X the talent when you can’t walk, hand check, or runover somebody without getting a whistle for doing so. A lot of the descension (here and throughout the US) comes from the fact that the NBA is putting the team together, so it’s nice to see that their product isn’t successful when forced to play by the real rules of basketball instead of their selective enforcement of them. If these guys played together, they should still win each game by double digits. Their selfishness, along with their unwillingness/inability to play by the rules makes them much less superior than they should be. I don’t care what team Allen Iverson plays for, I won’t be pulling for it.

[i]Originally posted by bobblinlutz[/i]@Aug 16 2004, 01:09 PM [b] I'm sure they'd be saddened to not have your support, since it's so apparent that you know what you're talking about. How do you measure the "heart of a champion"?? Duncan has two NBA championships, Okafor, Anthony, and Boozer won NCAA championships, Iverson and Jefferson have been to the NBA finals, Dwayne Wade and Jefferson (I think) to the Final 4.

[/b]

Who said you can MEASURE the heart of a champion?? Its either something you have or you dont! This USA team didnt not bring a heart to Athens. If they ever had one they will have to dig deep to get it back! Because its gets lost when they get the multi million dollar guaranteed contracts. If you wanna argue that they play with passion and heart in the regular NBA season - try! And I will hate for their egos to get any bigger if they do win a medal. We can do without a medal in this one event and still win the overall medal count to show that the United States has the best athletes in the world.

[i]Originally posted by X-49er[/i]@Aug 16 2004, 02:56 PM [b]
[b]Okay, hate the NBA if you want to, but last I checked the guys playing in the Olympics were wearing USA jerseys. Did you pull against the under 20 team too, because there were Tareheels and Demon Deacons on the team??[/b]

This has nothing to do with ACC or other teams, at least for me. I don’t care what the outcome of the Olympics are, I’m just glad that these guys are being exposed when forced to play by the rules. It’s a little harder to beat a team that outplays you even though you have 3X the talent when you can’t walk, hand check, or runover somebody without getting a whistle for doing so. A lot of the descension (here and throughout the US) comes from the fact that the NBA is putting the team together, so it’s nice to see that their product isn’t successful when forced to play by the real rules of basketball instead of their selective enforcement of them. If these guys played together, they should still win each game by double digits. Their selfishness, along with their unwillingness/inability to play by the rules makes them much less superior than they should be. I don’t care what team Allen Iverson plays for, I won’t be pulling for it. [/b]

Any truth to the post P.R. blowout rumor that the NBA will be merging with the And1 mix tape tour, since they play the same calibur of basketball?

Well said X. :thumbsup:

[b]It's a little harder to beat a team that outplays you even though you have 3X the talent when you can't walk, hand check, or runover somebody without getting a whistle for doing so. A lot of the descension (here and throughout the US) comes from the fact that the NBA is putting the team together, so it's nice to see that their product isn't successful when forced to play by the real rules of basketball instead of their selective enforcement of them. If these guys played together, they should still win each game by double digits. Their selfishness, along with their unwillingness/inability to play by the rules makes them much less superior than they should be. [/b]

Okay, first of all the rules of International basketball and the NBA ARE different. You CAN “runover somebody” practically as long as they don’t have the ball and are not going up for a shot. That’s a definite rule difference. And, this just in, they were zoning the USA all game yesterday. Not the NBA-type zone where there’s a defensive 3 seconds, but an actual pack it in, college-type zone. So that is a definite rules difference.

So, I really don’t know what you man by unwillingness to play by the rules?? That’s just a really weird statement. Further, I guess you didn’t watch the game because the problem was NOT selfishness. If anything, they overpassed because they looked afraid to shoot an open 3. So, seriously, if you’re going to argue your point here, at least watch the games and don’t post because you hate rich basketball players with tattoos.

[b]Well said X.[/b]

No it wasn’t, not at all.

[b]If you wanna argue that they play with passion and heart in the regular NBA season - try![/b]

When did I say that??? And to even make the comparison to the NBA regular season is ridiculous. If you have to make a comparison to the NBA season, let’s say this is on par with conference finals and the medal round will be like an NBA Finals (if they make it that far).

[b]And I will hate for their egos to get any bigger if they do win a medal.[/b]

I honestly do NOT think this is an issue. The team met the Puerto Ricans at halfcourt last night and applauded the fans. That really doesn’t seem like an ego issue. They said all the right things after the game, too. So, do you care to explain this one??

If you want to talk about why they lost, it’s not because of ego or heart or any other intangibles. It’s very tangible. They can’t shoot.

Team USA has the same problem our 49ers have had over last few years, not being able to shoot. Not placing atleast one pure shooter on team was stupid, especially in this style of play

[b]So, I really don't know what you man by unwillingness to play by the rules?? That's just a really weird statement.[/b]

I mean that they can’t play the way they do in the NBA without the whistle being blown and their violations called. Duncan walked a couple of times while I was watching and looked as if the ref took his candy. The replay clearly showed him taking the extra step. He gets away with it in the NBA, but not here. The rules are the same for traveling, though the NBA gives them the extra shuffle step. There may be some selective rules differences, but not many. It may have been better to state the “enforcement” of the rules is different, or actually performed by the refs.

[b]Further, I guess you didn't watch the game because the problem was NOT selfishness. If anything, they overpassed because they looked afraid to shoot an open 3.[/b]

I did watch the game, and watched Iverson perform a 1-on-3 in the lane on several occasions with someone standing wide open on the wing he could have dished to. Iverson and overpass don’t belong in the same sentence.

[b]So, seriously, if you're going to argue your point here, at least watch the games and don't post because you hate rich basketball players with tattoos.[/b]

I did watch most of the game, especially when I saw they were losing. I wasn’t watching with my red, white, and blue colored glasses though.

[b]You CAN "runover somebody" practically as long as they don't have the ball and are not going up for a shot. [/b]

I don’t see how this is different from the NBA. Shaq does this several times per game, and seldom gets whistled. There are others as well, but he’s the easy reference. I don’t think you can tackle somebody as you inferred by International Rules and not get away with no foul being called.

[i]Originally posted by bobblinlutz[/i]@Aug 16 2004, 02:52 PM [b] Okay, first of all the rules of International basketball and the NBA ARE different..... [/b]
Actually, the rules of ANY basketball & the NBA are different. I think that's what leads to many of the problems. The NBA has its own set of rules that unofficially goes as far as stating you can get by with breaking some rules if you are a superstar. It's already ok to hold, travel, etc but superstar status gives you even more freedom to break the rules. Not so yesterday though. Those guys looked completely lost.

I’ll say this much.

Make it NBA rules and see how team USA fares in the Olympics. I guarantee they’d be pulling home a gold medal.

[i]Originally posted by 49erFan1[/i]@Aug 16 2004, 04:28 PM [b] I'll say this much.

Make it NBA rules and see how team USA fares in the Olympics. I guarantee they’d be pulling home a gold medal. [/b]

I agree, but the NBA AIN’T basketball. It’s punk-o-tainment, much like pro rasslin’ is fake-o-tainment and NASCAR is wreck-o-tainment.

[b]punk-o-tainment[/b]
:lmao: :biglaugh: :rofl:
[i]Originally posted by bobblinlutz[/i]@Aug 16 2004, 10:54 AM [b] Okay, hate the NBA if you want to, but last I checked the guys playing in the Olympics were wearing USA jerseys. Did you pull against the under 20 team too, because there were Tareheels and Demon Deacons on the team??

Put aside your hatred for the NBA and root for the team. That’s just ridiculous. [/b]

Why? That team is a joke and they certainly do not represent me. This country was founded so I wouldn’t have to root for them if I don’t want to. I choose not to pull for them and I don’t need anyone telling me I have to. Other than Tim Duncan, there isn’t a basketball player on that roster and on top of that, no group of NBA clowns are going to represent me. This team represents every thing that the rest of the world hates about the USA.
I hope they lose every game by 20 and continue to expose the NBA for what it is, a bunch of overpaid, overhyped, overrated and overexposed endorsement driven punks that can’t play basketball.