Curran Scott to Tulsa

I absolutely f***ing hate this and any time we have a transfer and any time we lose and I wish I were not so emotionally invested in sports (addicted), be it NINERS, Panthers. I feel Iā€™m gonna have to back off some as Iā€™m getting to the point where being so invested drives my emotional and mental state and it seems no longer worth it. Damn.

Having said that, thanks to Curran for being a small part for a short time in NINER NATION and best of luck to him in the future.

Probably a combination of homesickness AND playing time. He probably didnā€™t have the confidence he would keep the same level of minutes next year.

the sun rises. your kids come home from school. the Charlotte Observer is printed again and is delivered to your door. life is good. chill.

Man, I really liked his game. I am sorry he is leaving. It sure looked like he was having fun out there. Since Tulsa will generally be playing for an at-large bid to the Big Dance, and that could be our spot, I hope they finish 2nd in the AAC every year with an RPI of 150.

Iā€™m honestly not sure why he came in the first place. If Iā€™m not mistaken Tulsa was one of his final three choices before we recruited him. So why not just commit there in the 1st place if staying home is a priority. Just doesnā€™t all add up to me.

This is always a risk when you recruit kids that arenā€™t from the surrounding area. [font=Verdana][size=2px]Scott was down to Fresno St and Tulsa, then Price played a phone call, boom he committed here without visiting. [/size][/font]

If there was a spot on the roster we could stand another loss, it was at guard. I highly doubt we were going to be running 4 guard sets as much next year, adding in Jackson, Price and Ajuwka.

I thought the same thing at first, because youā€™re right they did offer him out of hs. But, sometimes you donā€™t know how much you miss home untilā€¦youā€™re away for a year.

Did Jon Davis leave? No. Weā€™ll be fine then.

Iā€™m cool with this one. I feel like he was a late add to to lack of schollies available to him closer to home.
Heā€™s 1000 miles from home and is heading back there. I wish him nothing but the best.

On a Charlotte basketball level, I do feel like he was going to be the one to lose minutes as the upgrades start coming in.

I now start working the phone for those twins from NC State.

Frustrating to see this from a guy that got plenty of pt. I know he wasnā€™t starting, but he got big minutes and played a lot at the end of games. I was beginning to think we might finally have an offseason without losing a player getting big minutes.

I know it happens to everyone, but we sure could use some good luck when it comes to player transfers to add some stability and make up for the ā€œbad luckā€ (program turmoil) from before.

I enjoyed watching him play. Hate to see him go. Hopefully we can replace him with depth.

i know there is a lot of this is fine feeling going on but with him leaving and ochebo graduating thatā€™s two major contributors gone.

There is no guarantee that QJ will be as good as scott his first year, despite the hype. And losing ochebo leaves a ton of unanswered questions up front.

We are going to be hard pressed to improve on this year.

another transfer thats nothing new with our bball program the past 5 years and losing Uchebo is the most important loss from this past years team

[quote=ā€œGassman, post:32, topic:30293ā€]i know there is a lot of this is fine feeling going on but with him leaving and ochebo graduating thatā€™s two major contributors gone.

There is no guarantee that QJ will be as good as scott his first year, despite the hype. And losing ochebo leaves a ton of unanswered questions up front.

We are going to be hard pressed to improve on this year.[/quote]Iā€™d let the coaches recruit and fill out the roster before getting down on the upcoming season.

[quote=ā€œ2k, post:34, topic:30293ā€][quote=ā€œGassman, post:32, topic:30293ā€]i know there is a lot of this is fine feeling going on but with him leaving and ochebo graduating thatā€™s two major contributors gone.

We are going to be hard pressed to improve on this year.[/quote]Iā€™d let the coaches recruit and fill out the roster before getting down on the upcoming season.[/quote]

Ditto that. And I wish Curran the best of luck.

Also have to wonder if jumping to the AAC was a factor. I hope Judy and Phil are on the phone to the AAC on a regular basis asking what we need to do to be ready to move to their conference when/if the time comes.

[quote=ā€œ49r9r, post:35, topic:30293ā€][quote=ā€œ2k, post:34, topic:30293ā€][quote=ā€œGassman, post:32, topic:30293ā€]i know there is a lot of this is fine feeling going on but with him leaving and ochebo graduating thatā€™s two major contributors gone.

We are going to be hard pressed to improve on this year.[/quote]Iā€™d let the coaches recruit and fill out the roster before getting down on the upcoming season.[/quote]

Ditto that. And I wish Curran the best of luck.

Also have to wonder if jumping to the AAC was a factor. I hope Judy and Phil are on the phone to the AAC on a regular basis asking what we need to do to be ready to move to their conference when/if the time comes.[/quote]

I wouldnā€™t hold my breath on that one.

April Fools, right?

Funny thing. I have YET to see anything OFFICIAL about this. Are we sure itā€™s true?

It sucks that Scott is leaving, the kids has a ton of talent and has a very bright future. Wish him all the best at Tulsa, he is a class act on and off the court!

Iā€™d say a statement from Scottā€™s twitter account means its true.

https://twitter.com/Curran_Scott10/status/717474273342963712