Curran Scott to Tulsa

clt says he missed the prairie land.

Iā€™d say a statement from Scottā€™s twitter account means its true.

https://twitter.com/Curran_Scott10/status/717474273342963712[/quote]

I believed it, but OUR website nor any other sports news outlet has said squat about it. He tweeted it, then done.

I believed it, but OUR website nor any other sports news outlet has said squat about it. He tweeted it, then done.[/quote]Doubt school will say anything until grades are posted. Heā€™s gone.

[quote=ā€œ49r9r, post:35, topic:30293ā€][quote=ā€œ2k, post:34, topic:30293ā€][quote=ā€œGassman, post:32, topic:30293ā€]i know there is a lot of this is fine feeling going on but with him leaving and ochebo graduating thatā€™s two major contributors gone.

There is no guarantee that QJ will be as good as scott his first year, despite the hype. And losing ochebo leaves a ton of unanswered questions up front.

We are going to be hard pressed to improve on this year.[/quote]Iā€™d let the coaches recruit and fill out the roster before getting down on the upcoming season.[/quote]

Ditto that. And I wish Curran the best of luck.

Also have to wonder if jumping to the AAC was a factor. I hope Judy and Phil are on the phone to the AAC on a regular basis asking what we need to do to be ready to move to their conference when/if the time comes.[/quote]

We probably need to start winning games in revenue sports.

I say if you dont want to be here take a hike! This is totally different situation than Camidge or Blakeley who obviously sucked. If his acutal motivation for transfering is that heā€™s afraid heā€™s going to lose playing time next year to Jackson, heā€™s a bitchass and I dont want him around anyway. There are probably 5 to 10 Division-1 schools that Scott would have started for last year, and probably even less that he would have got the kind of minutes he got in Charlotte. If home sickness is what is drawing him back, why did he come here in the first place. Very frustrating, I was looking forward to seeing him develop over 4 years, and excited about the depth we would have in the backcourt. Hopefully by the end of next season, Jackson will be good enough that we will forget the name Curren Scott.

[quote=ā€œ4t9er, post:45, topic:30293ā€]I say if you dont want to be here take a hike! This is totally different situation than Camidge or Blakeley who obviously sucked. If his acutal motivation for transfering is that heā€™s afraid heā€™s going to lose playing time next year to Jackson, heā€™s a bitchass and I dont want him around anyway. There are probably 5 to 10 Division-1 schools that Scott would have started for last year, and probably even less that he would have got the kind of minutes he got in Charlotte. If home sickness is what is drawing him back, why did he come here in the first place. Very frustrating, I was looking forward to seeing him develop over 4 years, and excited about the depth we would have in the backcourt. Hopefully by the end of next season, Jackson will be good enough that we will forget the name Curren Scott.[/quote] completely agree. Idk why tall are giving him a pass, but got on Woods and Dorn. At least woods and Dorn had a legitimate reason to leave. Scott got significant minutes as a freshman, and averaged double digits. Not to mention how much he got better under Price (shooting 30% from three in highschool --> 42% in college), and heā€™s going to bail out after one seasonā€¦ I donā€™t think ā€œgoing homeā€ is a significant excuse when you were being recruited by them in the 1st place. Smh. Still love our backcourt w/ Jackson, Davis, Brax, and White tho.

Kids change their minds. It happens and he was just an ancillary piece of what was happening, itā€™s not like we are losing Jon Davis here.

Sad to see him go, had high hopes for him, but if he doesnā€™t want to be here, weā€™ve got plenty of other capable players that can take his minutes. If we had to lose a good player, this is where we had the most depth.

[quote=ā€œ4t9er, post:45, topic:30293ā€]I say if you dont want to be here take a hike! This is totally different situation than Camidge or Blakeley who obviously sucked. If his acutal motivation for transfering is that heā€™s afraid heā€™s going to lose playing time next year to Jackson, heā€™s a bitchass and I dont want him around anyway. There are probably 5 to 10 Division-1 schools that Scott would have started for last year, and probably even less that he would have got the kind of minutes he got in Charlotte. If home sickness is what is drawing him back, why did he come here in the first place. Very frustrating, I was looking forward to seeing him develop over 4 years, and excited about the depth we would have in the backcourt. Hopefully by the end of next season, Jackson will be good enough that we will forget the name Curren Scott.[/quote] Uh, homesickness occurs only when you are AWAY from home, thus the answer to your ā€œwhy did he come hereā€ question.
I saw a middle aged ref call a bogus foul on Curren and then try to bait him into a reaction. Curren showed more maturity than that guy, so I wouldnā€™t be too quick to judge. Nice rant, though.

Kids change their minds. It happens and he was just an ancillary piece of what was happening, itā€™s not like we are losing Jon Davis here.[/quote] I understand. Im not panicking because he transferring. Iā€™m just frustrated as to why he did it after how far he came under Price in just one year. Luckily it was at the guard position where we have plenty of depth. Still excited about next season, plus this adds a schollie for a potential big guy.

He committed without even visiting. I hate to see him leave as we really need to get transfers down to guys not in the regular rotation, but I canā€™t say I harbor ill will. He may have not liked the school, the environment and being away from home. We get caught up in just basketball, but sometimes itā€™s other stuff too. Hate to lose him though. Gotta get the transfer stuff under control.

how do we, or another program, get the transfer stuff under control? no snark. a real question.

[quote=ā€œearlyniner, post:52, topic:30293ā€]how do we, or another program, get the transfer stuff under control? no snark. a real question.[/quote]if you figure that out, there is an athletic department out there waiting to give you a job.

You donā€™t

Retention rate is only 79% for entire university.

Itā€™s common. Not just for athletes.

I imagine students from out of state are even less likely to return.

clt says millenials are likely to do such things.

i transferred after my soph yr. in 1960! from baptist school (carson-newsman) to FSU! hoo-boy!

[quote=ā€œ4ever niner, post:49, topic:30293ā€][quote=ā€œ4t9er, post:45, topic:30293ā€]I say if you dont want to be here take a hike! This is totally different situation than Camidge or Blakeley who obviously sucked. If his acutal motivation for transfering is that heā€™s afraid heā€™s going to lose playing time next year to Jackson, heā€™s a bitchass and I dont want him around anyway. There are probably 5 to 10 Division-1 schools that Scott would have started for last year, and probably even less that he would have got the kind of minutes he got in Charlotte. If home sickness is what is drawing him back, why did he come here in the first place. Very frustrating, I was looking forward to seeing him develop over 4 years, and excited about the depth we would have in the backcourt. Hopefully by the end of next season, Jackson will be good enough that we will forget the name Curren Scott.[/quote] Uh, homesickness occurs only when you are AWAY from home, thus the answer to your ā€œwhy did he come hereā€ question.
I saw a middle aged ref call a bogus foul on Curren and then try to bait him into a reaction. Curren showed more maturity than that guy, so I wouldnā€™t be too quick to judge. Nice rant, though.[/quote]

Thanks, I thought it was one of my better ones!

I transferred after my freshman year in 1988 from Carson-Newman to Charlotte. Wasnā€™t the only one that year either.

I transferred after my freshman year in 1988 from Carson-Newman to Charlotte. Wasnā€™t the only one that year either.[/quote]

I transferred twice to end up at Charlotte. NO RAGRETS.

I believed it, but OUR website nor any other sports news outlet has said squat about it. He tweeted it, then done.[/quote]
Tulsaworld.com: College basketball: Edmond native Curran Scott to transfer to TU

Newson6.com: Charlotte Basketball Transfer Curran Scott Headed To Tulsa