Curt's second half preformance

Finally get to see him be somewhat aggressive again. They held him scoreless in the first half, and I think he went for 13 pts in the 2nd half. It could have and should have been more. The was tons of contact when he went to the basket on a few occassions, but no calls

That basket (and 1) he got in the closing seconds of the game was HUGE. When he got possession of the ball, I was hoping he’d kick back out so we could run the clock down but he powered to the basket for the score. THAT’S the Curtis we need on the court and not the one we’ve criticized for being inconsistent.

In the first half tonight, I could see Curt getting frustrated. It’s one of the few times I can remember him showing some emotions out there. Just glad he took them out on St Louis :headbang:

By the way, only 1 TO tonight for Curt :fastgun:

He’d better pack a lunch and bring a lot more of that to cincy. With mitch out we need Curt to bring his A+ game.

He could not hit the 12-footer tonight to save his life. Curt usually nails that shot when he’s open, and he had plenty of looks last night. He did get gyped out of 3-4 trips to the line, but it seems that will be the norm at Halton this year. He came through in the clutch, which more than made up for the terrible first half.

[i]Originally posted by X-49er[/i]@Jan 16 2005, 12:41 PM [b]He could not hit the 12-footer tonight to save his life. Curt usually nails that shot when he's open, and he had plenty of looks last night. He did get gyped out of 3-4 trips to the line, but it seems that will be the norm at Halton this year. He came through in the clutch, which more than made up for the terrible first half.[/b]
Well said. Basically, he got it done when we needed him most, and that's something we haven't really been able to say about him so far this year. That rebound with 10-20 seconds left was HUGE. Also a good move to take it back up since if he passed it out they would have fouled us immediately, but we got the and 1 which was HUGE for emotion and for the scoreboard. I really hope he takes that second half and realizes how good he can be, I don't know what's been going on this season, but he hasn't been the offensively dominate player he can be on the college level.

It is tough seeing that 12 foot shot of his, it hasn’t been falling much this season. He’s over 50% in his limited 3 pointers this year, but those mid range jumpers have been off for some reason. I just hope he plays a smart, aggressive game Wednesday, hopefully he doesn’t jack up too many 3’s unless they are wide open late in the shot clock. He needs to take it to the rack on their big men and get them in foul trouble, especially since he’s starting to hit some FTs.

One of his mid range jumpers got a bit tipped. It almost looked like he clutched once, then finished the shot.

Is it me or should coach make Curt play/stay closer to the basket? He does so much better on offense when he is within 8 feet in terms of shots, rebounds, putbacks. His outside shot, ball handling in the open court do not seem reliable enough out there. Is coach trying to help him impress the NBA by allowing him to “display” his outside game? It certainly has helped display alot of TOs and missed shots. In my opinion. Having said that, he did have some timely outside shots last night.

I don’t get to many Niner games in person, unfortunately, but I did get a surprise opportunity and made it there Sat. night. I hadn’t noticed before, but Curtis’ arm angle isn’t correct when shooting jumpers. Or, at least it wasn’t Saturday. His right elbow wasn’t perpendicular, it was away from his body. Is that normal for him, or has he developed a bad habit?

Coach was saying their is some serious body checking going on against Curt, especially when he gets the ball, was this the case on Saturday ?

Also were they running two/three guys at him when he touches it in the paint ?

Vouvyxvoxvyxvxyvxvx did a good job defending him.