CUSA MBB Scheduling article - good read

This. That’s why I will always refer to the 2017 UCF football team as national champs, no matter how ridiculous it sounds to someone.

Sun Belt has announced their version, which will also include a “final four” regular season match-ups.

SBC also going to a 20 game conference regular season and splitting into two 6 team divisions (each divisional member will play one another home and away). The top 10 teams will be eligible for the league tournament.

clt bets we pay more attention to the sun belt mbb than the appys.

Looks like the Bonus Play experiment could be on the way out if saner heads - which include Mike Hill - prevail in focusing on OOC scheduling to strengthen NET rankings.

[BTW, realized that the Sun Belt apparently scraped plans to follow C-USA’s lead with Bonus Play since the former did NOT implement the scheme this season as reported by CBS Sports back in June 2018 and posted above.]

Anyway, a snippet from the Bowling Green Daily News piece linked below:

The pods at least make the regular season more interesting and rewards better teams with games against better teams. What’s the negatives?

C-USA paid consultant Mark Adams $50,000 for a scheme that supposedly would give the league A) multiple NCAA participants and B) improve the seeding of said teams. Ha! :laughing:

cash

I like the pods system. It gives you something to track during the regular season. The pods eliminates the back to back road trips.

I’d like to see the schedule for the PODS based on games already played against those teams. I think it is bogus to play WKU and LaTech on the road twice and not a single time at home but in return play FIU twice at home and not a single time on the road. I however fully adimit I don’t know how you achieve that and keep the same number of home games for all teams in the league.

Two divisions makes total sense.

Maybe the conference should add two teams (eight in each division) resulting in CUSA East and CUSA West rarely play each other.

Watering down the auto bid even more…