CUSA Media deals expiring. New deals = crucial turning point for league

But f you want live sports, you still gotta go through cable/satellite TV.[/quote]

Try Sling TV and HD antenna and you’ll be fine. *disclaimer that Sling is owned by Dish Network.[/quote]supposedly ESPN has an out in the contract with sling that allows them to remove their channels if too many people sign up for sling. If true, that must mean that sling pays ESPN a lower rate than they would normally get.

Actually not a horrible idea but I doubt they would ever want to get into live sports production.

I want streaming available in HD for all games in a way that I can chromecast.

No new developments. Banowsky said at media day that they expect a deal to be done by the middle of the next academic year (eg by 12/31, or after one more season of CUSA football in the books).

I’m just sticking this chart in here for reference. May come in handy later:

I’m just glad CUSA is, on paper, likely to have a pretty good season. WKU, Marshall, Rice, and La Tech should all be pretty good. MT and both Florida schools could be decent as well. If ODU’s new QB is solid, they could also be a bowl eligible team. Maybe UTEP too. Anyway you look at it there should be several teams in CUSA that are poised to have .500 or better seasons.

Us, UTSA, and UNT are really the only schools that are almost certain to have losing records.

Glad we’re not staring a terrible season in the face going into TV negotiations.

[quote=“Niner National, post:25, topic:29639”]I’m just glad CUSA is, on paper, likely to have a pretty good season. WKU, Marshall, Rice, and La Tech should all be pretty good. MT and both Florida schools could be decent as well. If ODU’s new QB is solid, they could also be a bowl eligible team. Maybe UTEP too. Anyway you look at it there should be several teams in CUSA that are poised to have .500 or better seasons.

Us, UTSA, and UNT are really the only schools that are almost certain to have losing records.

Glad we’re not staring a terrible season in the face going into TV negotiations.[/quote]

As long as we can fill those bowl slots we should be fine. As I look at it, things could be much worse. We could be relegated to ESPN3 and Tuesday night ESPNU games.

So this popped up on the CUSA board, during a discussion of the Sinclair (ASN parent) and DISH negotiations:

According to Variety, Sinclair is rumored to be looking to buy a cable station. If so, that could have big ramifications for CUSA. As far as I know, the only syndicated broadcasting Sinclair produces is college sports and pro wrestling

Poster means they are looking to buy a cable network (eg something like TruTV). If so, this could be a big deal for CUSA TV…