Dalonte Hill WILL be the next Charlotte coach!

I’m laughing at all the darts you guys are throwing trying to guess who the next HC will be. It’s black and white. #1 Katz from ESPN called Dalonte this morning and asked if he would be interested in the job. His answer: "I’m not interested…I WANT IT!"
Now you let the entire US know that the highest paid assitant coach/ and arguably the top recruiter in the nation wants the Charlotte HC job and is willing to sign a Bobby Lutzesque contract to become the HC…and you don’t go after him!!! We will be the dumbest program in the history of the NCAA!! Also Judy can kiss her job goodbye (which wouldn’t be bad) b/c the men and women with checkbooks will be VERY UPSET!! Why risk this revolt w/ football on the horizon??
I know Judy and Dalonte have bad blood but that was 3 years ago and WINNING CURES ALL!!! (maybe an appology by Dalonte too?? haha)
Both have something of value that negates the money aspect. Charlotte has a HEAD COACHING JOB. Dalonte WINS and brings NBA talent w/ him. Something I’ve never been able to say in the same sentence as Charlotte ever.
There’s no doubt in my mind once the world finds out D Hill wants this job an offer will be extended. I know for a fact too he’s already reached out to certain ppl in the Athletic Office.
My last point is Dalonte is very good friends and is highly thought of by some of this schools top donors. We’re not a school with a lengthy history…we don’t have the luxury of a school that’s been around for 100+ years. We need these top donors and will pay more attention to their requests vs. other schools. They want to win and will support Dalonte’s efforts.

It’s black and white friends…heard it here 1st!!!

[quote=“Niner03, post:1, topic:22754”]I’m laughing at all the darts you guys are throwing trying to guess who the next HC will be. It’s black and white. #1 Katz from ESPN called Dalonte this morning and asked if he would be interested in the job. His answer: "I’m not interested…I WANT IT!"
Now you let the entire US know that the highest paid assitant coach/ and arguably the top recruiter in the nation wants the Charlotte HC job and is willing to sign a Bobby Lutzesque contract to become the HC…and you don’t go after him!!! We will be the dumbest program in the history of the NCAA!! Also Judy can kiss her job goodbye (which wouldn’t be bad) b/c the men and women with checkbooks will be VERY UPSET!! Why risk this revolt w/ football on the horizon??
I know Judy and Dalonte have bad blood but that was 3 years ago and WINNING CURES ALL!!! (maybe an appology by Dalonte too?? haha)
Both have something of value that negates the money aspect. Charlotte has a HEAD COACHING JOB. Dalonte WINS and brings NBA talent w/ him. Something I’ve never been able to say in the same sentence as Charlotte ever.
There’s no doubt in my mind once the world finds out D Hill wants this job an offer will be extended. I know for a fact too he’s already reached out to certain ppl in the Athletic Office.
My last point is Dalonte is very good friends and is highly thought of by some of this schools top donors. We’re not a school with a lengthy history…we don’t have the luxury of a school that’s been around for 100+ years. We need these top donors and will pay more attention to their requests vs. other schools. They want to win and will support Dalonte’s efforts.

It’s black and white friends…heard it here 1st!!![/quote]

Do we have a link on that Hill quote from Katz? It would be amazing to me that he would say something like that right now before the NCAA’s gear up.

I would not be surprised at all…Charlotte deserves him…especially after he spit in our face, cheats, backstabs, etc…good fit…

how did Hill cheat and spit in our face? He made a professional decision, for his well being. Can’t blame him for that. I’m for Hill, if we want him, get him early and let the talent roll in.

[quote=“casstommy, post:2, topic:22754”][quote=“Niner03, post:1, topic:22754”]I’m laughing at all the darts you guys are throwing trying to guess who the next HC will be. It’s black and white. #1 Katz from ESPN called Dalonte this morning and asked if he would be interested in the job. His answer: "I’m not interested…I WANT IT!"

Do we have a link on that Hill quote from Katz? It would be amazing to me that he would say something like that right now before the NCAA’s gear up.[/quote]

There is no link…you will hear about it soon enough (prolly not before Thurs though). I have no reason to come on here and post BS. I’m very tight w/ some of the right ppl…is that good enough for ya!!!

Keep laughing, then. It won’t happen.

Hill is all about green but it ain’t Niner green.

His comments don’t surprise me in the least. He’s just marketing himself to Katz.

[quote=“Niner03, post:1, topic:22754”]I’m laughing at all the darts you guys are throwing trying to guess who the next HC will be. It’s black and white. #1 Katz from ESPN called Dalonte this morning and asked if he would be interested in the job. His answer: "I’m not interested…I WANT IT!"

I am going to have to call BS. While Dalonte may very well be interested, and if he is we should interview him, but I can’t imagine that he would be our next HC. If the big donors are on his bandwagon they are very quiet about it. I have never heard one of them mention him. Nope, you are just being provocative. BS.

I don’t blame Hill for leaving. The folly of ethics was not on him - it was on Huggins.

In the end, Hill certainly made out for the better professionally, and anybody who holds that against him is the one in the wrong here, not Hill.

Do I want him here? He is not my top pick for the job, but if he can come in here and win, then I am all for it.

[quote=“survivor45, post:6, topic:22754”]Keep laughing, then. It won’t happen.

Hill is all about green but it ain’t Niner green.

His comments don’t surprise me in the least. He’s just marketing himself to Katz.[/quote]

Do you even know him?? The guy wants a shot as a Head Coach. He’s lived in CLT 1/3 of his life. Has 3 kids here. Went to school here. Has good connections w/ enough of the right ppl (obviously not Judy).

All Charlotte wants to do is WIN?? Am i correct?? As a Niner fan, that’s all I give a @#it about…Winning, post season play, and a future run at a National Title. Who TF was K State b/f he got there?? Now they are a top 10 team and #2 seed in POSTSEASON!!!

As Niner fans what do you guys want??? That’s my question?? Do you want to win? Do you want Nat’l recognition?? Do you want to see “Charlotte” on the top 25?? Do you want to be filling a bracket in right now that show Charlotte advancing?? I swear we have one of the stupidest fan bases!!!

[quote=“Lew, post:8, topic:22754”]I don’t blame Hill for leaving. The folly of ethics was not on him - it was on Huggins.

In the end, Hill certainly made out for the better professionally, and anybody who holds that against him is the one in the wrong here, not Hill.

Do I want him here? He is not my top pick for the job, but if he can come in here and win, then I am all for it.[/quote]

I agree.

He’s not the head coach at Kansas State and he’s not the person responsible for turning them around, Huggins is.

Hill was a former player that quit to go be Part of a “Possee” for an NBA player.

Was given special consideration to be allowed to come back as an assistant and work towards his degree and then did more damage to our program in one year by leaving with the Number 1 recruit than anyone has in the past.

Doesn’t sound like a good fit to me.

He is getting them the talent and he has had the opportunity to learn from 2 successful coaches, who preach defense.

I’d take my chances with that.

I do not blame anyone for leaving for more money. I would do the same. I imagine most on here would when it really came down to it.

He is getting them the talent and he has had the opportunity to learn from 2 successful coaches, who preach defense.

I’d take my chances with that.[/quote]

I’m not saying he can’t be a good head coach, I’m saying he’s not a head coach right now and he isn’t the person who spurred change at KSU.

[quote=“BigTimeNiner, post:12, topic:22754”]Hill was a former player that quit to go be Part of a “Possee” for an NBA player.

Was given special consideration to be allowed to come back as an assistant and work towards his degree and then did more damage to our program in one year by leaving with the Number 1 recruit than anyone has in the past.

Doesn’t sound like a good fit to me.[/quote]

Its amazing that people are so willing to forget how many times this dude has bailed on Charlotte to “get his”.

No thank you.

I dont know if it could be Hill or not, but he definitely burned a bridge when he left here. You dont leave your resignation on voicemail. He would have to do some begging to Judy, I’m sure…

I’d take my chances with that.[/quote]

I’m not saying he can’t be a good head coach, I’m saying he’s not a head coach right now and he isn’t the person who spurred change at KSU.[/quote]

Oh I agree, but I wouldn’t completely discount his role.

If it could happen I think it would be a good move, but I am also open to someone with strong A10 connections.

Would be a very risky hire because you risk a significant portion of your fanbase turning their back on you if you hire him. Whether you blame him for leaving us or not, the whole situation left everyone in niner nation with a bad taste in their mouth.

Basically he seems like a guy who got his foot in the door by recruiting Beasley… essentially because he had ties to the family. He has done a nice job recruiting since then at K-State, but does he have what it takes to be head coach?

Niner03, please, write in paragraphs. Your post read like a rant.

As far as Hill goes, I don’t personally care for him and I would be pretty surprised if he came here.