Davidson back to reality: Curry gone

Announced today he will forgo his Senior year and head to the NBA.

Discuss.

Must be nice knowing you can be an 11th man on a roster and make millions!

[QUOTE=UNCCShannon;403577]Must be nice knowing you can be an 11th man on a roster and make millions![/QUOTE]

Wanna bet?

Wanna bet about the 11th man or the millions?

are we gonna dance on davidson’s board about this or not, let’s celebrate!!!

Is he as good as his father? They seem like very similar players, including lightning quick, accurate shots, low athleticism and suspect defense. Stephen might be a better passer, though I don't really remember if Dell was much of a passer or not. Dell was more of a starter-like 6th man over 16 seasons. I bet Stephen, barring injury, plays a similar role for teams that need a good shooter.

It’ll be interesting to see how this affects Davidson’s schedule in the near future.

They charged $2.50 for a live video stream of his press conference. Made money off him until the bitter end.

I wonder if the Southern Conference will want to revisit the tournament moving to Charlotte next season due to his departure.

I hate davidson also of course, but I believe he will be a solid 6th man by at least his 2nd year if not rookie year. Starting I can't be for sure, but I expect he could be for the right team after a couple years. I don't know whether it'd be point guard or shooting guard though. Probably more of a combo guy.

I can’t see sixth man b/c of his size. There are people that are just as athletic as him and talented that don’t even see significant playing time off the bench.

Let’s just hope whatever city he plays in has an abudance of Chuckie Cheeses :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=bleedsgreenandgold;403611]Let’s just hope whatever city he plays in has an abudance of Chuckie Cheeses :)[/QUOTE]
See my avatar. :tongue:

[QUOTE=UNCCShannon;403581]Wanna bet about the 11th man or the millions?[/QUOTE]

11th man. I’ll bet $200 that he’s not gonna be the next to last guy off the bench for the majority of his first contract.

Maybe Davidson will throw him a PIZZA PARTY!!!

I can't see sixth man b/c of his size. There are people that are just as athletic as him and talented that don't even see significant playing time off the bench.
His size? He's ~6'3 which is a decent enough height for a point guard, possibly shooting guard. He's predicted to play PG in the NBA. His strength is lacking, but he'll improve that in training camps I'm sure. While DJ Augustin is stronger and more athletic, he's also 6'0 and is a great 6 man for the bobcats, not limited by size. Not to mention, Curry dominated competition for the most part on a team where he was 75% of the threat- it's not like he was on a Duke team like Reddick who some people compare him to. I'm not saying he'll put up 20 a game, but he will do pretty well on a team where he's not facing 2 man coverage every game. Just being realistic :dunno:

I do hope we play Davidson next year though! This year, I’m really not upset we didn’t.

[QUOTE=Hooner49;403617]Maybe Davidson will throw him a PIZZA PARTY!!![/QUOTE]

Nothing like a party filled with douche bags and butterfaced chicks.

I hate Davidson and I hated the way that the Observer obessed over this kid. I really didn’t need a breakdown every day about how great he was.

However, I like Steph Curry and his entire family. I think Curry will be a strong player the next level but I don’t see him starting.

I think Davidson will still be strong in the Southern Conference but I wouldn’t expect another deep run in the tournament from them for a loooooooooooong time.

He’ll be a Eddie House in the NBA

I hope he is a great pro… He will be a better pro then Rodney White was.

DO NOT UNDERSTAND HIS DECISION? Not unhappy with it from our standpoint, but his decision is totally against everything he, his family and Davidson stands for. Staying in school and getting an education is what all parents want for their children. If he were a kid from a poor family and needed the money, it would be understandable. If going out this year versus next year would be the difference in him getting a pro contract or not, it would be understandable. But he is not going to be one of the highest picks this year and whether he makes more dollars by going out this year versus next year is not going to seriously affect him or his families finances. His long term career is NOT going to be in professional basketball but probably as a banker in Charlotte! Seems to me to be a total EGO TRIP on his part.

[QUOTE=hky49er;403641]DO NOT UNDERSTAND HIS DECISION? Not unhappy with it from our standpoint, but his decision is totally against everything he, his family and Davidson stands for. [/QUOTE]

I don’t agree with that, not after whats his name left Liberty when he could go to a bigger school. That says a lot about what some folks stand for.