Davidson Fans

[URL=http://www.davidsoncats.com/viewtopic.php?t=3&sid=f59c5b4a775d577c9201759717ea7f38][COLOR=black]http://www.davidsoncats.com/viewtopic.php?t=3&sid=f59c5b4a775d577c9201759717ea7f38[/COLOR][/URL]

Apparently they think they got hosed on the reffing tonight, i beg to differ.

Is really hilarious. I guess that’s what happens at a “hyphen” school.

Your guys played hard tonight. Lutz is a cheat, but your players played hard.

I’ve lost ALL respect for coach Lutz. Taking a player out from free throws because he’s “hurt” only to put him in on the next play?

I think I saw a coach try that in a rec league game once. He got his ass kicked after the game. Shame that didn’t happen tonight.

I don’t know what the heck was wrong with Ian Johnson tonight. Was it the D or did he just choke?

They think they got a bad deal? What game were they watching? I counted numerous travels and fouls they were not called for, not to mention what looked like a backcourt violation.

It’s always fun to have a big group of the opponent’s fans in the house. I thought they represented really well and seemed pretty loud at times. Hey, I give them credit for the “We Love Children” chant. It was pretty good on the fly.

Yeah, the DUI chant is a little dated, but especially in college, you do something like that and it sticks. I remember them doing the same DUI chant last year at their place.

'Bout the only thing I had a problem with was the one guy who shouted “Go Wildcats” or whatever during the national anthem. There’s a time to keep it a little quiet, you know? But I know that’s just one guy, not their fans as a whole.

Like someone else said though, “This is our house” and “Niner home game” lasy year at Davidson may have been the greatest chants I’ve been a part of my career here.

[QUOTE=ninerID;142236][URL=http://www.davidsoncats.com/viewtopic.php?t=3&sid=f59c5b4a775d577c9201759717ea7f38][COLOR=black]http://www.davidsoncats.com/viewtopic.php?t=3&sid=f59c5b4a775d577c9201759717ea7f38[/COLOR][/URL]

Apparently they think they got hosed on the reffing tonight, i beg to differ.[/QUOTE]

Withers was COMPLETELY out of the game tonight, which had a lot to do with the way the game was called, but I’d hope we wouldn’t be on here blaming the refs for the loss. Withers got bad calls, Coleman ALWAYS gets bad calls… Did they get bad calls too? Sure they did, but I didn’t see it being one-sided. Some people just can’t lose.

They’re also complaining about Lutz taking Baldwin out and putting in Bennett who got to shoot Baldwin’s free throws. Lutz didn’t take Baldwin out, Baldwin LIMPED to the bench. Plus they called Baldwin a “big man”… apparently $100,000 in tuition doesn’t buy you a very big chunk of reality.

[QUOTE=Wildcat92;142248]Is really hilarious. I guess that’s what happens at a “hyphen” school.

I’ve lost ALL respect for coach Lutz. Taking a player out from free throws because he’s “hurt” only to put him in on the next play?

I think I saw a coach try that in a rec league game once. He got his ass kicked after the game. Shame that didn’t happen tonight.

I don’t know what the heck was wrong with Ian Johnson tonight. Was it the D or did he just choke?[/QUOTE]

Whine WHine Whine Whine Whine Whine Whine Whine Whine.

Don’t come whining to us.

i seem to remember at a crucial time in the game lee got hit on the arm walked it off and took his freethrows, maybe if they had a kid that could dunk on an open break they would have won.

Also the next two times we keep that huge turd looking trophy by beating you at home we’ll be calling it “This is our Wilderness”

[QUOTE=Wildcat92;142248]Is really hilarious. I guess that’s what happens at a “hyphen” school.

I don’t know what the heck was wrong with Ian Johnson tonight. Was it the D or did he just choke?[/QUOTE]

Cat - you lost. You guys played a great game and have a great team, but you lost - deal with it.

Lutz didn’t “take him out”, the player went and sat down. The player was hurt and it’s a rule. If you don’t like the rule then get it changed. “He came back in the next play”. No, he didn’t. That would have been right after the 2 ft’s. He came back in after the trainer had a chance to look at it and he felt better. Sorry that doesn’t meet your precious time guidelines. Besides, the guy who sat down was our PG and is a good ft shooter.

I was hoping to hear a “You get taco’s” chant at the end of the game.

The “awful calls” excuse does not work in college basketball. Both teams will get the worst calls ever according to their own fans. And in reality some horrible calls were made this game. Did that change the fact that players missed shots… it does not. If you hit your shots you win the game, its that simple…

I recall stating that your players played hard. It was a great game.

Someone was playing serious D for Johnson to have had the game he had. He was averaging 26 coming into the game. Tonight? pfffft

And I have no comeback on the open dunk thing. When I went to Wake for grad school, I was of the firm opinion that Ricky Peral should return his scholarship money and go back from whence he came.

After Meno’s embarrassment tonight, I am beginning to feel the same way.

Wildcat92, maybe one day Davidson will have a messageboard all to themselves and you want have to visit the winning team’s board to do your whining.

Good luck to you in the Southern Conference. I bet that game against Elon is gonna a real barnburner.

I just complemented your team, asswipe.

Wildcat92, maybe one day Davidson will have a messageboard all to themselves and you want have to visit the winning team's board to do your whining.

Good luck to you in the Southern Conference. I bet that game against Elon is gonna a real barnburner.

I imagine that Davidson should sell out the gym for that one… all 500 seats…

What did the we love children chant mean?

sorry for my ignorance.

[QUOTE=Wildcat92;142263] your inferiority complex

Is really hilarious. I guess that’s what happens at a “hyphen” school.

I just complemented your team, asswipe.

[/QUOTE]

Guess again. If I wipe my ass, it will be with your stupidity. You came on this board with crap like this.

[QUOTE=Wildcat92;142261]I recall stating that your players played hard. It was a great game.

Someone was playing serious D for Johnson to have had the game he had. He was averaging 26 coming into the game. Tonight? pfffft

And I have no comeback on the open dunk thing. When I went to Wake for grad school, I was of the firm opinion that Ricky Peral should return his scholarship money and go back from whence he came.

After Meno’s embarrassment tonight, I am beginning to feel the same way.[/QUOTE]

Actually you guys had many chances to put us away.

You were up 8 and had 4 possessions to grow the lead (2 missed wide open 3ptrs, the missed dunk and a palming call)

Also, Anderson was terrible. He worked for and had good looks all night. He kept shooting a left handed baby hook and you can tell he’s not a lefty. But he kept chucking them up. It wasn’t defense so much…he was just awful tonight.

baldwins shoulder popped out…u dont know but he dislocated it last year really bad…it only was out for a sec and it was kind of a scary moment looking at him…trust me id take a loss to u guys over losing mitch the rest of the season

[QUOTE=JKniner;142268]What did the we love children chant mean?

sorry for my ignorance.[/QUOTE]

It was right after the Toys for Tots final count was announced (with Davidson being the winner). I thought it was pretty funny.

U R a dick.

And Belk seats 5700. One of the nicest gyms in the country.

Halton sounded loud. I hope to see a game there sometime.