Davidson on Wed.

The game vs. Davidson this Wed. could be very interesting. Depending upon what team we have show up. The Team that played against Coppin St or the team that played Miss. St.

Davidson has now beat two A10 teams.

I dont know if im happy the game is home or not…i do think though that id actually rather lose at home then in davidson

as long as we can score more then 9 in the first half

but with the way we’ve been playing lately…i dont think we can look past portland just yet

[QUOTE=vbniner;141349]The game vs. Davidson this Wed. could be very interesting. Depending upon what team we have show up. The Team that played against Coppin St or the team that played Miss. St.

Davidson has now beat two A10 teams.[/QUOTE]

What 2 teams would those be and how are they different?

Coppin St. is one of the worst teams in college basketball and they outscored us in the 2nd half.

Go ahead and put this one in the L column. Davidson give us fits when we have a good team…they will make us look VERY bad this week. Prepare for embarrassment…again.

I can’t decide who’s the most positive about our team. 49er1 or PI? :smile:

Of course, I will admit there is much cause for concern, but I think it’s still a little early to be throwing in the towel. I’m not giving up. Not yet anyway, even though we do have a long way to go.

The season is still young. It is very seldom that a team plays the same in February and March as it does in November. You never know what might happen.

We can beat Davidson. I was at their game against UMass and they are not all that great. UMass blew a 10 point lead down the stretch and gave the game away.

Ok… That’s my positive post for the day.

Niners by twenty :shades:

Right now the Cats are in first place in the Atlantic 10. Here’s our early-season crack at the leaders … :lmao:

Last year’s box score (Charlotte 87; Davidson 68 at Davidson):

[URL=http://charlotte49ers.collegesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/120804aab.html]http://charlotte49ers.collegesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/120804aab.html[/URL]

Plavich scored 21 in the second half on 7 straight threes. We won by 19. That was an incredible shooting display.

Ummmm, according to my schedule card, there is a game tomorrow against Portland, [B][U]BEFORE[/U][/B] worrying anything about Davidson.

[QUOTE=HP49er;141422]Ummmm, according to my schedule card, there is a game tomorrow against Portland, [B][U]BEFORE[/U][/B] worrying anything about Davidson.[/QUOTE]

So we’re at the point where we start looking past Portland in anticipation of the BIG GAME with Davidson?

We should beat Portland tonight and handily at that. Wednesday night is a whole different game, though. I’ve seen Davidson in person (against UMass) and we’ll have to shut down Ian Johnson to win.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;141400]I can’t decide who’s the most positive about our team. 49er1 or PI? :smile:
[/QUOTE]

If posting facts is negative, then I’m guilty

Is this better:

PI: "Come selection sunday we will probably look back at that Coppin St. win as one of our best victories of the season because the selection committee really likes it when you step out of conference and play powerhouse teams on the road.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the losses to NW, WY and Miss. St. Those three are potenial final four teams and their final rpi will only help us even in a loss.

Hey, how many teams can say they went to Georgia State and came out with a win? Huh? Road Warriors is what we are."

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;141420]Last year’s box score (Charlotte 87; Davidson 68 at Davidson):

[URL=http://charlotte49ers.collegesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/120804aab.html]http://charlotte49ers.collegesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/120804aab.html[/URL]

Plavich scored 21 in the second half on 7 straight threes. We won by 19. That was an incredible shooting display.[/QUOTE]

Yep… we were also losing at halftime. I also remember Martin E.T. going up for the monster slam only to get rejected by the rim. :confused:

[QUOTE=Max Power;141535] Martin E.T. [/QUOTE]

Extra Testicle ?

We played horrible vs Davidson last year until Plavich’s uncanny freakish talent display. I believe we were even down at halftime.

Its way to early to make predictions though. I’ll make my judgement call after I see what we can do vs Portland tonight.

[QUOTE=49erpi;141526]If posting facts is negative, then I’m guilty

Is this better:

PI: "Come selection sunday we will probably look back at that Coppin St. win as one of our best victories of the season because the selection committee really likes it when you step out of conference and play powerhouse teams on the road.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the losses to NW, WY and Miss. St. Those three are potenial final four teams and their final rpi will only help us even in a loss.

Hey, how many teams can say they went to Georgia State and came out with a win? Huh? Road Warriors is what we are."[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Your Sarcasm overload just completely DESTROYED my brand new Sarcasm Detector. I’m guessing you won’t offer to pay for the replacement, so there goes another $49.99 that my little girl could have used for Christmas.

Thanks Again.

So we're at the point where we start looking past Portland in anticipation of the BIG GAME with Davidson?

Pretty much :tongue:

Personally, I think we’re in for a long season but the Portland Pilots aren’t really striking much fear into me. We’d have to play worse than we did against Miss. St. to lose tonight and I’m not sure that’s possible.

Wednesday…another story. Could be trouble for us but hope not.

[QUOTE=HappyCamper49;141540]Its way to early to make predictions though. I’ll make my judgement call after I see what we can do vs Portland tonight.[/QUOTE]

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!