Dayton Post Game

Niner Baseball starts this weekend.

Let me see if I’ve got this right: Mayfield spends the first 2/3 of the season looking lost. He then starts to get it put together and make a contribution. Then, when we could really use him, he gets himself suspended. Did I miss anything?

And yes, baseball starts at The Hayes on Friday!

Having Mayfield would have been nice. Too bad our guys can’t seem to read the player handbook.

I thought Nickerson looked more like a D1 collegiate basketball player than he ever has. I love the hard fouls he committed.

Henry is the man…at least 3 more steals to keep his average climbing.

Afroman - Because I Got High

I thought we had a decent chance to win going in, but then heard about Mayfield. We’re not deep or good enough to have Barnett, May, Henry, or Braswell out of a game. We’ll lose every game that one of those players aren’t on the floor (and we have—0-1 without Bras, 0-1 without May, 0-2 without Henry, I think).

How about just follow the rules, guys? Is it that freakin hard?

They played hard, but someone forgot to tell them to guard Johnson. Great job stepping up by Bras…the others…eh.

We played hard but just talent short and couldn’t finish off the game even though leading by 8.

Dayton has been really bad coming into the game losing their past 2 home games and losing 4 of their last 5 (beat Fordham in OT). The fact they beat us by 10… wow.

Anyways, at least our freshman are getting a lot of playing time. It should pay off next year, I hope.

Would be nice if our coach could come out of halftime with a game plan. Seems like there have been more than a few games where we play a solid first half and then during half time the other team makes adjustments and we don’t or we do but it’s after a 5-10 minute spell. Sure sounds like another coach we had who struggle to make adjustments.

Anyway - doesn’t make a big difference this season. We aren’t going to any big tourny - just making the conference tournament should be viewed as a big accomplishment ::slight_smile:

Get the young guys some time and hope that someone can shoot next season.

We had a color commentator for a road game!

[quote=“ninersfan99, post:6, topic:26367”]We played hard but just talent short and couldn’t finish off the game even though leading by 8.

Dayton has been really bad coming into the game losing their past 2 home games and losing 4 of their last 5 (beat Fordham in OT). The fact they beat us by 10… wow.

Anyways, at least our freshman are getting a lot of playing time. It should pay off next year, I hope.[/quote]

Did you watch the game? It was a hell of a lot closer game than 10 points. That margin was all about free throws in the last 2 minutes. The difference was Chris Johnson getting hot late and us not having Mayfield to help guard him. Also, things went south after Nickerson went out with ~10 minutes to play. He was having his best game, IMO.

Can we just contest the three ball…that’s all I ask.

[ul][li] Mayfield, Demario A: 2/14/2012, 1525169. 6’03", 185. Charged with: C/S-SCH VI- POSSESS MARIJUANA - MISDEMEANOR.[left]
Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/02/15/3014267/mecklenburg-county-arrests-02142012.html#storylink=cpy[/left] [/li][/ul]

Oh great, NOW we’ll get coverage in the Observer.

http://arrestinquiryweb.co.mecklenburg.nc.us/ArrestAndCharges.aspx?FirstName=DEMARIO&MiddleName=A&LastName=MAYFIELD&PID=413888&ArrestNumber=1525169&BrowseLastName=mayfield&BrowseFirstName=&BrowsePID=&BrowseArrest=&BrowseArrestDate=&BrowseLastDayArrests=

[quote=“sokool, post:11, topic:26367”][ul][li] Mayfield, Demario A: 2/14/2012, 1525169. 6’03", 185. Charged with: C/S-SCH VI- POSSESS MARIJUANA - MISDEMEANOR.[left]
Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/02/15/3014267/mecklenburg-county-arrests-02142012.html#storylink=cpy[/left][/li][/ul][/quote]

DANG… so much for watching him the next 2 years.

So much for the theory that Major suspended him for nothing.

Disappointed that he is only 6’3’’ :stuck_out_tongue:

I wish we had kids who concentrated on academics and bball.

Now we’ll have Green and Mayfield riding pine rest of year? Should be interesting…

Major Size King and Major Jock Supporters how do you spin this?

Luka left for personal reasons … yeah right?

Spears was uncoachable … yeah right?

Major is setting the tone for our program … yeah right?

Major Follies … I told you so :stuck_out_tongue:

Keep Watching

Even though I’ve questioned Major’s coaching throughout the year, this isn’t not what anyone wants for this program. Was hoping to let the Freshman play and hope for better results next year. It’s just hard to be a believer right now, no use rubbing it in no matter how thick the “green tinted” glasses are for the radicals sokool.

Not going to rub it in 99 but I took alot of heat for questioning Major’s hard line approach to Spears which greatly diminished our chances of winning.

Going to be interesting to see the Major hypocrites on this board in light of this Major development.

I want Day Day back asap. As in the case with Spears we will be hardpressed to win without him.

“This is not a church league”

These kids don’t respect Alan Major. That is plain and simple. If you watch this team and the way they interact with each other and the coaching staff and think they have any respect or discipline you are a blind fool.