Dear Santa...

I am a recent alum of a mid-sized, fairly young university and we have had pretty good success on the basketball court during the five years I was in college (don’t get me started, my dad is still pissed about that), and the three years I have been out.

Our coach is in his 8th year here (just like me!) and we have been to the NCAA tourney 5 times and the NIT once since I started following the program. This year SUCKS. Okay, I am probably not supposed to say that to you, and I wanted to think of something more clever, but I can’t. I want him fired, and I want us to get a coach that knows something about basketball, and one that can contol the team, and I want to win the NCAA Championship. I mean, that is the point, right?

I don’t want some coach that SUCKS. I want a coach that has won big time, like Greg Marshall, or Matt Doherty, or Jay Bilas. I don’t want him to get anymore JUCO players either. Just four year guys, except for the ones that go out early 'cause they’re lottery picks. I think we need to fire Judy Rose so we can do this. I know if we fire her, and fire the coach because we haven’t won the National Championship all the top coaches will want to work here. They will respect our committment to winning.

Some of the old geezers at the games say we can’t do this because we don’t have the money. Well, they SUCK. I know I would send in a lot more money if we won the NCAAs. I already give the program $100. Hey, $400 if you count the beer I drink on game nights (don’t get me started, my dad is still pissed about that). I know other people would send in lots of money, like $500 too, so forget that money thing you geezers.

This is what I want. And a Game Boy Advance Basketball game, so I can be the coach. 'Cause ours SUCKS.

Merry Christmas

I don't want some coach that SUCKS. I want a coach that [I][B]has won big time[/B][/I], like Greg Marshall
[SIZE=3][B]huh?[/B][/SIZE]
or Jay Bilas
[B][SIZE=7]HUH!?[/SIZE][/B]
I don't want him to get anymore JUCO players either.
Amen.
I think we need to fire Judy Rose.
Preach it!

Santa can give you presents, but he can’t perform a miracle.

I don’t know the answer.

We are not going to fire Judy.

We are not going to fire Bobby; this year anyway. He’s been too successful for 7 years. I don’t think Tennesee or State or South Carolina are going to be calling him either. I think we’re stuck with him. Or lucky to have him.

We can’t be competitive without JUCO’s. Jeff Mullins started bringing in JUCOs in '86, '85 maybe. Does anybody remember Bellamy, Plondke and Michael Milling? However, maybe Lutz has gone overboard on JUCO’s and transfers.

We shot 22% from inside the arc last night. And that’s not an anomaly. Most of the shots look rushed, forced, off balance.

I wish I had the answer.

I’ll just “settle” for another Basden-type player (if one exists). :frowning: Although after thinking about it, its probably more likely to find a new coach than a new Basden.

the heck with that dear santa list.

dear santa. all i want for christmas is those 4 hooter’s calendar girls i talked to in a bar last week.

there. short and simple.

I don't know the answer.

We are not going to fire Judy.

We are not going to fire Bobby; this year anyway. He’s been too successful for 7 years. I don’t think Tennesee or State or South Carolina are going to be calling him either. I think we’re stuck with him. Or lucky to have him.

We can’t be competitive without JUCO’s. Jeff Mullins started bringing in JUCOs in '86, '85 maybe. Does anybody remember Bellamy, Plondke and Michael Milling? However, maybe Lutz has gone overboard on JUCO’s and transfers.

We shot 22% from inside the arc last night. And that’s not an anomaly. Most of the shots look rushed, forced, off balance.

I wish I had the answer.

I think you do. Look at your 2nd to last paragraph. Thats how you lose basketball games.

49erFan1 - I agree, nobody can shoot 22% from 2 and win. Whether it’s lack of discipline, too much 1 on 1, lack of confidence, bad shooters - Lutz or Rose are not going anywhere anytime soon.

Maybe we have peaked in basketball. I hope not. But, maybe now is a good time to light a serious fire under the admin’s butt and go after football.

Limit JUCOs and develop players like Eddie and Curt. Let somebody learn a system and develop their game, not just two years worth of playing time. And it would help if Bobby taught defense. We have NEVER played defense under him and this year especially, it is killing us. We can’t score and we can’t stop opposing teams from scoring. Defense wins championships, so there goes that for us until…

I think we need to fire Judy Rose so we can do this. I know if we fire her,

Can you explain what Judy Rose has to do with the Men shooting 36.8% from the field or us shooting 33.2% from 3pt range or us shooting 62.3% from the foul line? What does she have to do with that? If anything she should fire Bobby for not having his team ready to play each night.

I thought that my satire (sarcasm?) would be more obvious. We are having a bad year, and nobody is happy with the team’s performance right now, probably not even the coaches, the AD, or the team itself. However, if you put it into perspective we have had a pretty good run and a lot of people on this board sound like Tarheel fans. They loved Matt Doherty as National Coach of the Year, and they hated him when the wheels fell off. Oddly, we hated him as COY, laughed when he tanked, and now some here would love to have him as our coach. I don’t get it. And Jay Bilas–come on people–he is a nice guy, a great analyst, and a friend to the program but he is not ready to be a coach at this level.

What if I told you I knew that we could get a coach with 16 years of experience, he is # 33 on the list of winningest active coaches at 64.7%, and # 40 with 315 wins. He is respected by his peers and he would work for what we could pay him, what would you say? Hire him now? We already have him. Is he the best coach in the business? No. But he has probably been more successful in his career than most of us have in ours. Some of those wins came at Pfieffer you say? Well Coach K got some of his at Army so try again.

Lutz is having a bad year in a winning program. We have a lot of new guys and some of them have not worked out like we all hoped. It always happens. Most of the time we don’t have this many. Here is my unsolicited advice to you. Be a fan and just survive this season. If you like Lutz in general, support him and the team, it will get better. If you didn’t like Lutz before this season make your feelings known, but be smart enough to be effective. Judy Rose is the person that can fire him and I am pretty sure she does not read this board. Make an appointment and go see her. Have a well reasoned arguement. Coach SUCKS is not an arguement. If you think Judy is part of the problem go see her boss. If you are an alumnus he should be happy to talk to you. If you are a supporter (different from a fan) you are going to be welcome too. If you are neither then shut up, we don’t care what you think.

More importantly, Merry Christmas and I am hoping Santa brings us some offense, just like you malcontents. I am bullish on the Niners, not blind. :smile:

[QUOTE=Nugget;145590]I thought that my satire (sarcasm?) would be more obvious. We are having a bad year, and nobody is happy with the team’s performance right now, probably not even the coaches, the AD, or the team itself. However, if you put it into perspective we have had a pretty good run and a lot of people on this board sound like Tarheel fans. They loved Matt Doherty as National Coach of the Year, and they hated him when the wheels fell off. Oddly, we hated him as COY, laughed when he tanked, and now some here would love to have him as our coach. I don’t get it. And Jay Bilas–come on people–he is a nice guy, a great analyst, and a friend to the program but he is not ready to be a coach at this level.

What if I told you I knew that we could get a coach with 16 years of experience, he is # 33 on the list of winningest active coaches at 64.7%, and # 40 with 315 wins. He is respected by his peers and he would work for what we could pay him, what would you say? Hire him now? We already have him. Is he the best coach in the business? No. But he has probably been more successful in his career than most of us have in ours. Some of those wins came at Pfieffer you say? Well Coach K got some of his at Army so try again.

Lutz is having a bad year in a winning program. We have a lot of new guys and some of them have not worked out like we all hoped. It always happens. Most of the time we don’t have this many. Here is my unsolicited advice to you. Be a fan and just survive this season. If you like Lutz in general, support him and the team, it will get better. If you didn’t like Lutz before this season make your feelings known, but be smart enough to be effective. Judy Rose is the person that can fire him and I am pretty sure she does not read this board. Make an appointment and go see her. Have a well reasoned arguement. Coach SUCKS is not an arguement. If you think Judy is part of the problem go see her boss. If you are an alumnus he should be happy to talk to you. If you are a supporter (different from a fan) you are going to be welcome too. If you are neither then shut up, we don’t care what you think.

More importantly, Merry Christmas and I am hoping Santa brings us some offense, just like you malcontents. I am bullish on the Niners, not blind. :smile:[/QUOTE]

Best post this month.

I thought that my satire (sarcasm?) would be more obvious. We are having a bad year, and nobody is happy with the team's performance right now, probably not even the coaches, the AD, or the team itself. However, if you put it into perspective we have had a pretty good run and a lot of people on this board sound like Tarheel fans. They loved Matt Doherty as National Coach of the Year, and they hated him when the wheels fell off. Oddly, we hated him as COY, laughed when he tanked, and now some here would love to have him as our coach. I don't get it. And Jay Bilas--come on people--he is a nice guy, a great analyst, and a friend to the program but he is not ready to be a coach at this level.

More importantly, Merry Christmas and I am hoping Santa brings us some offense, just like you malcontents. I am bullish on the Niners, not blind. :smile:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

How about bringing back 2 shot technical and getting the ball out of bounds, rule for christmas. Wasn’t that a suprise the other night, especially how that had worked against us over the last couple of years.

Also what about on the charge call the team gets to shoot fts if in the bonus, again another one that hurt us a few weeks ago.

Or maybe Santa just needs to give us all an updated rule book.

Is that Jesus Hernandez, our new JUCO tranfer from Northwest Mexico City State?

Dear Santa,

Please find some hot chicks w/ big tits that will put out for me.

OK, if some of you got your wish and Lutz got fired, don’t you think the rest of his staff would be gone too? That would mean Dalonte Hill would be gone, and he has recruited Beasley, hate to mess that one up now wouldn’t we?

We are recruiting high school players, in fact, we only have two JUCO’s for next season in Carlos Williams and Sean Phaler. The other four: Wilderness, Tatum, Andersen, and Dewhurst, are all high school products. The same for 2007 with Beasley and Harman.

We are getting Phaler because someone has to play power forward next season since Curt will be gone and Mitch Mullis withdrew from school. The recruits are coming, some programs have an off year sometimes. This is a new team pretty much, give it time and be patient like true fans are…

I’m disappointed on the year.
Keep Lutz.
Fire Rose.