DeCourcy on the Niners

A couple of mentions about the Niners in DeCourcy’s lastest…

[b]Maryland coach Gary Williams' decision to hire Charlotte assistant Rob Moxley could pay off in an enhanced relationship with the prolific DC Assault club program. Assault has produced numerous top prospects, including former Temple center Kevin Lyde and former Michigan shooting guard Bernard Robinson, but Maryland has not been successful recruiting the club's players. Charlotte's long history with Assault players includes current assistant coach Dalonte Hill and 2005 Conference USA Player of the Year Eddie Basden.

The arrival of Charlotte and Saint Louis at this year’s Atlantic 10 Conference meetings put some weight behind some schools’ contention that overeager scheduling has damaged the league’s postseason prospects. Among 31 leagues, the A-10 ranked No. 1 in schedule strength last season – and got just one team into the NCAA Tournament and two into the NIT. Conference USA, the league Charlotte and Saint Louis played in last season, ranked 19th and got nine teams into postseason play. The message was clear: Nothing is more important than winning games.[/b]

FOXSports.com: Mike DeCourcy

Does Moxley has any contacts with the mention AAU team? I thought that was all Dalonte Hill.

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Jun 8 2005, 12:36 PM [b] Does Moxley has any contacts with the mention AAU team? I thought that was all Dalonte Hill. [/b]
How do you think we got Dalonte and Eddie? Moxley knows the DC area well...but of course Dalonte is our connection now.
[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner+Jun 8 2005, 12:54 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (LeftyNiner @ Jun 8 2005, 12:54 PM)

Haven’t heard anything on the Terps.

Dalonte was a Niner before Moxley coached here.

[i]Originally posted by BleednGreen+Jun 8 2005, 02:42 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (BleednGreen @ Jun 8 2005, 02:42 PM)
Originally posted by LeftyNiner@Jun 8 2005, 12:54 PM [b]