Delhomme Done....thoughts?

thats uncalled for, please keep your rapist wit to yourself

how is that uncalled for? you have never heard that saying? its pretty common in sports, golf course, etc. lighten up. Its no different than making an analogy to a “sharp shooter”

and Carr does have the “touch of a rapist” - he throws lasers to guys 10 yards away and is brutal at putting any loft on a pass.

[QUOTE=metro;261234]how is that uncalled for? you have never heard that saying? its pretty common in sports, golf course, etc. lighten up. Its no different than making an analogy to a “sharp shooter”

and Carr does have the “touch of a rapist” - he throws lasers to guys 10 yards away and is brutal at putting any loft on a pass.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the Panthers can hold open tryouts for QB. Maybe Chris & CJ will show up. Maybe they can convince Steve Beuerlein or Rodney Peete to come out of retirement or trade for Kerry Collins.

That’s a lot of maybes, but one thing is for sure, David Carr = top 10 draft choice.

Actually I hope the Panthers find a QB to at least throw a pass to Steve Smith, because I do pull for them when they aren’t playing big D.

I think we’re done for.

Can someone please tell Carr to take off those damn glove?!?!?!

Carr is god awful. He has the touch of a rapist.
I think we're done for.

Can someone please tell Carr to take off those damn glove?!?!?!

David Carr = Michael Jackson?

Maybe the Panthers can hold open tryouts for QB. Maybe Chris & CJ will show up. Maybe they can convince Steve Beuerlein or Rodney Peete to come out of retirement or trade for Kerry Collins.

That’s a lot of maybes, but one thing is for sure, David Carr = top 10 draft choice.

Actually I hope the Panthers find a QB to at least throw a pass to Steve Smith, because I do pull for them when they aren’t playing big D.

#1 overall…he’s no scrub…stick tony romo on the texans of the past 5 years, let’s see what happens.

[QUOTE=ninerball49;261252]#1 overall…he’s no scrub…stick tony romo on the texans of the past 5 years, let’s see what happens.[/QUOTE]

#1 overall doesn’t mean you are a god. If that’s the case start worshiping Ki-jana Carter or Tim Couch. Also, how about the fact that Carr wouldn’t have been #1 overall if the Texans wasn’t a expansion team looking for a QB. Peppers was consensus top pick in that draft.

Face it, Carr is a bust like Akili Smith (#3 overall 1999), Ryan Leaf (#2 overall 1998), Joey Harrington (#3 overall 2002), and Tim Couch (#1 overall, 1999).

Couch was a Heisman Winner as well. Oh well, wonder where he’s at these days. Go ahead ninerball believe Carr is great just like you believed Weinke was. All I have to say is be ready for disappointment.

Oh and I think it’s funny how Schuab isn’t getting mobbed in Houston the year after Carr leaves. I also think it is funny how Carr keeps getting sacked this year.

[QUOTE=DownwithNBA;261195]Delhomme done… Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

…f&%K…

#1 overall doesn't mean you are a god. If that's the case start worshiping Ki-jana Carter or Tim Couch. Also, how about the fact that Carr wouldn't have been #1 overall if the Texans wasn't a expansion team looking for a QB. Peppers was consensus top pick in that draft.

Face it, Carr is a bust like Akili Smith (#3 overall 1999), Ryan Leaf (#2 overall 1998), Joey Harrington (#3 overall 2002), and Tim Couch (#1 overall, 1999).

Couch was a Heisman Winner as well. Oh well, wonder where he’s at these days. Go ahead ninerball believe Carr is great just like you believed Weinke was. All I have to say is be ready for disappointment.

Oh and I think it’s funny how Schuab isn’t getting mobbed in Houston the year after Carr leaves. I also think it is funny how Carr keeps getting sacked this year.

Carr got sacked once this week. And I didn’t say he was great, I said he was no scrub. And I guess you don’t follow the Texans, it’s not like you’re from Texas anyway, no Cowboys fans are. And I never talked Weinke up. I’m a VT and a Panthers fan. He ruined a lot of games for the Panthers, but was somehow able to take away a championship from one of the best VT teams. I think Carr can be successful…I don’t think he’s some savior…But the Texans have been MUCH improved from when he was there. New starting RB that’s a career 4.5 yds a gain guy and a pro bowler, still got one of the best WRs, and they’ve improved their line and their defense is much improved too. Top 5 run defenses I believe. When Carr was there, everything sucked except his one WR. Last but not least Carr didn’t just throw a TD to the wrong team.

Carr holds onto the ball too long. He looks like a [feminine derogatory expletive] in those white gloves. The Panthers played so bad. The Saints are awful. Sean Payton should lose his coach of the year award for trying a 50+ yard field goal with a 45+ year old, injured place kicker. Because of how week the NFC is, the Panthers will finish around .500. I actually think their weekest unit is the D-Line. Peppers gives up when he’s blocked.

Could be worse. You could be a Broncos fan.

The Saints are awful. Sean Payton should lose his coach of the year award for trying a 50+ yard field goal with a 45+ year old, injured place kicker. Because of how week the NFC is, the Panthers will finish around .500. I actually think their weekest unit is the D-Line. Peppers gives up when he's blocked. .

the Panthers 3 wins have a combined record of 1-13
:lmao:

[QUOTE=ninerball49;261256]Carr got sacked once this week. And I didn’t say he was great, I said he was no scrub. And I guess you don’t follow the Texans, it’s not like you’re from Texas anyway, no Cowboys fans are. And I never talked Weinke up. I’m a VT and a Panthers fan. He ruined a lot of games for the Panthers, but was somehow able to take away a championship from one of the best VT teams. I think Carr can be successful…I don’t think he’s some savior…But the Texans have been MUCH improved from when he was there. New starting RB that’s a career 4.5 yds a gain guy and a pro bowler, still got one of the best WRs, and they’ve improved their line and their defense is much improved too. Top 5 run defenses I believe. When Carr was there, everything sucked except his one WR. Last but not least Carr didn’t just throw a TD to the wrong team.[/QUOTE]

VT fan? Are you from Virginia? There are plenty of other choices around here, A VT Wal-Mart fan? Don’t give me crap about rooting for the boys and not living in Texas.

[QUOTE=Pork Chop;261258]Sean Payton should lose his coach of the year award for trying a 50+ yard field goal with a 45+ year old, injured place kicker. [/QUOTE]

That was one of the dumbest move I’ve seen in freekin’ years.

The NFC blows hard this season. Before tonight, I’d have said Dallas is the only competitive team. But Romo’s now got 4 INT’s…that’s worse than Favre last night.

The Packers are better than they’ve been the past couple of years, but as their youth showed last night, they are still FAR AWAY from being real good.

If it had to happen, I’m glad that it at least happened early in the season instead of mid-way. Hopefully the team will be able to gel a little better behind Carr now, as opposed to trying to get adjusted after 8-9 games have been played.

I’m not going to call Carr a god, or even “great”, but I do believe he is a decent quarterback with a good arm who can produce results when comfortable. He does have a problem with panicking and running from the pocket, just as he does have a problem with the precision of some of his throws. However, I thought he performed rather well on Sunday, even after getting injured.

Would I rather have Delhomme in there? Yes. But it sounds like the biggest problem with the team right now is a lack of drive, and I think flip-over-two-defenders-Carr can eventually get the team fired up nearly as well as Jake.

My biggest concern is one that others have mentioned - getting Smith the ball. Carr seems to have a working relationship with Colbert, similar to the relationship that Delhomme has with Smith. It’s great that Colbert is actually catching some balls from [I]anyone[/I], but it’s even more important to get the ball to a pro bowl caliber receiver!

All-in-all, I’ll stand by my 9-7 prediction…mostly because it has less to do with the quarterback and more to do with the WHOLE team. No one has been outstanding this year on either side of the ball, and that’s where the real disappointment comes in…

Vinny Testeverde!!!

OH BOY!

VT fan? Are you from Virginia? There are plenty of other choices around here, A VT Wal-Mart fan? Don't give me crap about rooting for the boys and not living in Texas.

My entire family is from Virginia, including my parents. They grew up there, and I’m to this day there all the time. My dad, two uncles, and much of my family graduated from VT and I have cousins there now. I’ve been to Blacksburg countless times for football games and to basketball games before I came to Charlotte. Once here, they took a backseat to the 49ers…I would never even think about rooting for VT over Charlotte in any sport…I mostly only follow VT football because that’s what I grew up doing through my families ties. If the 49ers got a team, they would basically smash my loyalty to VT…I would still watch/root for the Hokies but would never root for them over the Niners or ever wear anything VT related to games or on campus. Sound familiar? No…because you’ve already said you wouldn’t do the same and obviously haven’t considering you’re a Cowboys fan still over the Panthers.

Vinny Greenballs! Undefeated.

3 words regarding Testaverde’s performance today:

[size=8]OLD FARTS RULE !!![/size]

does anyone know when and what type of surgery he is getting?

Testaverde FTW!!! If the Panthers had had Testaverde in the SB they woulda won.

[QUOTE=ninerball49;261486]My entire family is from Virginia, including my parents. They grew up there, and I’m to this day there all the time. My dad, two uncles, and much of my family graduated from VT and I have cousins there now. I’ve been to Blacksburg countless times for football games and to basketball games before I came to Charlotte. Once here, they took a backseat to the 49ers…I would never even think about rooting for VT over Charlotte in any sport…I mostly only follow VT football because that’s what I grew up doing through my families ties. If the 49ers got a team, they would basically smash my loyalty to VT…I would still watch/root for the Hokies but would never root for them over the Niners or ever wear anything VT related to games or on campus. Sound familiar? No…because you’ve already said you wouldn’t do the same and obviously haven’t considering you’re a Cowboys fan still over the Panthers.[/QUOTE]

Do the Carolina Panthers have a school? I didn’t attend it, maybe you did. Professional teams are different from collegiate teams, if you want to impose a Hitler rule on me that says I have to pull for the Panthers because they are the home town team, then go ahead. I guess i’ll ignore it. I would like to see you go tell all the Cowboys fans that show up in Bank of America stadium that they have to pull for the Panthers because they live in North/South Carolina. It sure didn’t happen last year when there were plenty of Cowboys fans left after the Panthers when Marion Barber was just racking up TD’s and over half the stadium was empty.

BTW I’ve been to a Panther’s games before (When Beuerlein was QB) where over half the people left and the Panthers went down scored a TD quick and was a 2pt conversion away from tying.

No hard feelings though, I just don’t think I should be forced to pull for the Panthers over the Cowboys because they are in the same state I live in.