Demarco

Saw Demarco Johnson today at Perry & Barron (0rthopedics and Sports Medicine). He hobbled in on crutches, a bandaged knee and unable to put any weight on his leg. When I was in the back getting my MRI set up, I noticed his paperwork said he was in there for an knee injection. Not sure what happened to him but it didn’t look good. And when he walked in the front door, the receptionist said “Hey Demarco…you’re just in here all the time aren’t you?” Guess when you’re that size and that active, you’re going to be hampered by injuries.

I wanted to ask him what happened but he was already in a room when I was in the back. Also funny that he was the only person who came in there that didn’t have to wait in the lobby. As soon as he hobbled in, he was permitted straight back to the doctor. Nice perk for being a (relatively) well-known athlete. :slight_smile:

Anyone know what he’s been up to lately?

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Apr 18 2005, 05:03 PM [b] Anyone know what he's been up to lately? [/b]
Ziggin' instead of zaggin'. How did the MRI go for you?

Poor Demarco!!

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Apr 18 2005, 05:58 PM [b] How did the MRI go for you? [/b]
Was just getting the paperwork for it. MRI is scheduled for Tuesday evening. Slipped off the end of a Frisbee golf pad Sunday and into the gravel. When I did, I buckled my knee with all my weight. The guys sitting about 8 feet behind me all said they heard it pop. I'm on crutches (and painkillers) at the moment, awaiting the MRI. The orthopedic doctor didn't seem very optimistic. He thinks I tore either the ACL or PCL. :(

Just in time for Summer…great! :frowning: Thanks for asking. Could be some rough days ahead for jcl if I have to have reconstructive surgery.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Apr 18 2005, 07:14 PM [b] Slipped off the end of a Frisbee golf pad Sunday and into the gravel. [/b]
Time to hang up the frisbees :P Sorry to hear it, jcl.
[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Apr 18 2005, 07:14 PM [b] [Slipped off the end of a Frisbee golf pad Sunday and into the gravel.....

He thinks I tore either the ACL or PCL. :frowning:

[/b]

You need to quit playing frisbee golf while intoxicated. B)

If I were you, I would be hoping it is not the acl. I’m a former ski patroller, so I know a little about knee injuries. A positive note, modern technology has tremendously improved the rate of healing for these injuries. You’ll be ok.

My wife has torn her ACL’s in each knee while playing sports. It is a tough rehab. I would recommend the cadivar graph it seems to heal better and quicker.

Also make sure your pain medication (if you get a shot) has kicked in before you leave the hospital. My wife thought hers had but it was still numb from the surgery and we left only to get home and the numbing wear off and no pain medication whatsoever 2 hours after surgery. I would not wish that on anyone. It was a tough go. Make sure you stay on top of the pain with drugs. Once it gets past a certain point it is hard to get back under control.

If you need any referrals let me know. My wife also works in the operating room and with most of the orthopedic surgerons in Charlotte.

Old: when frisbee golf puts you into the hospital.

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Apr 19 2005, 01:59 AM [b] Old: when frisbee golf puts you into the hospital. [/b]
More like "dumb" for trying to squeeze in another 18 holes after already playing 54 in two days. Was tired and tried to hammer a drive off the tee/pad. Just a case of not quitting while I was ahead. I'm accident-prone by nature and haven't been hurt in a while so I was due.
[b] You need to quit playing frisbee golf while intoxicated.[/b]

Beer is a prerequisite for playing Frisbee golf (or any type of golf). Hope it’s not the ACL eithe, Over40. I’ve done my research online on those and the info out there isn’t very encouraging.

Thanks for the tips ShowDawg. I’ll keep that in mind. Hopefully it’s just a strain and not a tear. Guess I’ll know soon enough.

If you need surgery, schedule it for when the team goes to deliver the Outback koala bears to the “children.” I’ll arrange with Real to get you one. :lol: