DePaul pregame discussion

DePaul is not a team to be taken lightly, but we should be able to beat them. They have won four in a row and 11 of their last 13 (with the two losses coming at Cincy and at Memphis). They are only 4-4 on the road. They have beat Notre dame on the road and Old Dominion and Cincy at home (they also lost by 29 at Cincy).

Offensivley, they have three main weapons… Greer (20.7ppg, 7.7rpg), Mejia (12.6ppg, 5.1rpg), and Diener (12.0 ppg, 3.0rpg). They don’t get much production out of their bench. Here are the box scores from their last four games:

DePaul 85 - Cincy 66

DePaul 56 - St. Louis 53

DePaul 64 - TCU 62

DePaul 70 - So. Miss. 48

This is a talented team that could pose some matchup problems for us, but we can beat them. We have more offensive threats and a deeper bench. We need a solid defensive effort from our whole team… especially Mitch, Eddie, and Curtis.

GO NINERS!

Couple of articles on DePaul…

Birmingham News: Blue Demons get going

Daily Herald (Chicago): Blue Demons quietly getting the job done

More as I find them…

GO NINERS! BEAT THE DEMONS!

Even though they are thin on the bench, they’re still a team you can’t press easily and thus hope to wear down using it. They have four people who can handle the ball very well, and can break the press pretty easily with good results. I think with their weapons we will mostly be playing man-to-man with Iti doubling Greer if he gets the ball in the post. I haven’t seen anybody press DePaul the two times I’ve watched them play, so has anybody else seen the press work effectively against them?