Devon Seaford - 2006 PG

Seth Davis really likes this guy:

[b][b]Devon Seaford[/b], 6-0 point guard, Charlotte, N.C. He isn't on anyone's ranking list, but Seaford demonstrated great tenacity and smarts while leading the Charlotte Royals to the finals of the Adidas tournament last week. He'll probably end up at a mid-major and make all the big-time coaches who passed him over look bad.[/b]
Link: [url=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/seth_davis/07/16/hoop.thoughts/1.html]SI.com[/url]

The Charlotte Royals chose him their player of the year in 04.

Link: Annual Awards

Never heard of him. Where does he play his HS ball?
Is he playing in the McInnis Pro Am, pcon?

Skody and I were talking to someone at the pro am who plays at the Bonner Academy (think that is where Grier was) but I don’t know if we ever caught his name. I also think he played for the Charlotte Acers.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Jul 18 2005, 02:37 PM [b] Never heard of him. Where does he play his HS ball? [/b]
He's at Gaston Day. Apparently his teammate, 6-2 SG Brandis Raley, is getting a lot of attention.
[b][i]Is Brandis Raley really that good?[/i]

Division I basketball coaches think so. Virginia Tech coach Seth Greenberg was scheduled to come to Gaston Day Friday, and coach Shaun Wiseman says Raley gets 30 letters a day.

But Raley isn’t the only Spartan getting college interest. Wiseman said center Steven Hess already has offers from The Citadel and Hawaii, and guard Devon Seaford is getting interest from VMI and Colorado State.[/b]

Link: Is Brandis Raley really that good?

Found a mention (and a tiny photo!) of Seaford and the Charlotte Royals. Also mentions Beasley and Heramb, as well as Seaford’s teammate, Brandis Raley.

Adidas Showtime National Championships

Seaford’s Gaston Day teammate, Brandis Raley, committed to South Carolina.

Gastonia guard commits to USC

Word is that he is transferring to Hope Christian in Kings Mountain.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Jul 18 2005, 02:37 PM [b] Never heard of him. Where does he play his HS ball? Is he playing in the McInnis Pro Am, pcon?

Skody and I were talking to someone at the pro am who plays at the Bonner Academy (think that is where Grier was) but I don’t know if we ever caught his name. I also think he played for the Charlotte Acers. [/b]

NLP - if memory serves, both Grier and EJ played at Bonner (same class, EJ had to go juco).

Committed to Lipscomb University…

August 22, 2005
Seaford picks Lipscomb

Justin Young
RivalsHoops.com Recruiting Analyst
On his way back to his Gastonia, N.C. home from an unofficial visit to Lipscomb University in Nashville, Tenn., Devon Seaford couldn’t even get half way into the drive before calling up the Lipscomb coaching staff and giving the Atlantic Sun school a verbal commitment.