Dickie V's national COY list

Includes Jim Crews (Saint Louis), Brad Stevens (Butler), Donnie Tyndell (Southern Miss), and Michael White (La Tech).

ESPN.com: Larranaga leads wild COY race

What, no Lebo?

If we make the NCAA tourney, that would be a pretty amazing turnaround.
Major should get some credit.

Crews would be my vote. He has done a great job dealing with everything that has gone on. Plus his team is really good.

[quote=“sportsman1417, post:4, topic:27535”]Crews would be my vote. He has done a great job dealing with everything that has gone on. Plus his team is really good.[/quote]Crews will probably win because of the emotional vote, but I think USM or La Tech probably deserves it. They have relatively young teams (USM is the youngest team in the country) and they are performing at a pretty high level.

Both teams have soft schedules, but they just keep winning, which is what good teams do.

Both teams will be tough opponents next year and for several years going forward.

Larranaga, hands down. Crews inherited almost a top 25 team, just a spot or 2 outside of it in the preseason.

Yeah larranaga is def coty.

I still can’t really figure out what COTY is supposed to be for. Is it for everything a coach does? Then the number one team’s coach should get it, although I suppose you could make a correction for the prestige/history of the institution that helps with recruiting. And whether the coach actually recruited those players.

Or is it just for coaching up a group of players that may not be as talented. Some of the older guys may be better game coaches, but they don’t always recruit well (e.g. Dunphy at Temple), so is it fair to compare them to someone like Larranaga who has a team full of top talent?

Larranaga is the easy choice this year… The other picks are lazy, Dicky V 101 picks