Did anybody see what happened b/t Lutz & the ref?

anybody?..anybody?

Bobby was yelling at the ref about calling fouls under the basket. The ref in turn shouted at Bobby, “If you have something to say, DO NOT yell at me! I’m not going to take that!”

I saw Bobby jawing that one official pretty hard. I think he was complaing about how terrible that one offical was :rolleyes:

Bobby was unhappy with an official??

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Dec 12 2004, 01:03 AM [b] Bobby was unhappy with an official?? [/b]
heh heh. imagine that

I thought that was funny. The official said “DO NO YELL AT ME!,” like four times, and then Bobby kept yelling, “HEY, HEY,” and the official wouldn’t turn around. I love Bobby. He’s the best.

then he yelled at that old fuckin ref you owe me one…too bad the that ref didn’t give us a good call ever

I thought the game was officiated pretty well.
They let the guys play.

[i]Originally posted by BigTimeNiner[/i]@Dec 12 2004, 11:01 AM [b] I thought the game was officiated pretty well. They let the guys play. [/b]
I agree, for the most part. They were certainly better than the refs at Davidson or at the Bama game.

Bobby was yelling at the one ref, then that ref started the “DO NOT YELL AT ME!” stuff and Bobby set down. Then Bobby went to the head ref(the taller old one) saying that the first ref cannot disrespect him like that on his court. Then for the rest of the game Bobby kept hassling the two old white refs saying that “it’s gotta be hard for you, you have to make up for that other official.”

I think it’s fun to watch Bobby go after the refs, but it did hurt us again tonight. The ref that got mad at Bobby “missed” a couple of really obvious fouls a few possessions later on Georgia State.

It was a pretty well officiated game, we seem to keep getting unlucky with mid-level ref’s trying to make a name for themselves by being big and tough. Can’t really complain about tonight’s calls though.

It seems this is starting to be a problem every game. Bobby seems to forus on the refs instead of his players. Ref will rarely cost you a game, but he seems to start jawing with the refs within the first five minutes. I wish he would concentrate on his players and let the refs do their jobs. I had a parent tell me he does not like to take his kids anymore because Bobby is always yelling at the refs and they think they can do that during their youth games. Start coaching Bobby, if you want to be a ref put on a stripped shirt!!

i agree. bobby needs to learn to pick his spots. his technical in the bama game for example was poorly timed and helped bama come back. yelling at the refs when youre up fifteen, like in the georgia state game is not a good way to get on the refs good side.

[i]Originally posted by Woodman[/i]@Dec 12 2004, 07:46 PM [b]It seems this is starting to be a problem every game. Bobby seems to forus on the refs instead of his players. Ref will rarely cost you a game, but he seems to start jawing with the refs within the first five minutes. I wish he would concentrate on his players and let the refs do their jobs. I had a parent tell me he does not like to take his kids anymore because Bobby is always yelling at the refs and they think they can do that during their youth games. Start coaching Bobby, if you want to be a ref put on a stripped shirt!![/b]
Well every coach in the game hassles the refs, you pretty much have to talk to them all game as a coach. Bobby's problem is that he crosses the line from constructive arguing and working to just plain complaining and whining. He only does it every few games, but it hurts us when he does. Bobby's a firey coach, and I'm sure that attracts a lot of players to come here, he's just got to work on that one or two games a month where he crosses the line and starts to hurt his team.

Bobby’s always fired up, that’s not going to change, just have to hope he shows a little more control in games like Bama and last night.

[b]I had a parent tell me he does not like to take his kids anymore because Bobby is always yelling at the refs and they think they can do that during their youth games[/b]

goddamn i’d hate to meet those kids

I don’ t know if you all realize this, but the best coaches in the country spend more time coaching the refs than their own team, between the previous game and the pregame speech, the coach does most of his coaching. As much as we all hate Huggins and Pitino, they are proven coaches who win and anyone who has paid any attention to them when they come to Halton will see they are in the ref’s ear from the opening tip to the final horn. It’s something good coaches do, so if Lutz wants to get on the ref, then more power to him, he is demanding repsect to a program that needs it. I love a coach who will show emotion and intensity, players feed off of that, mostly college players feed off of that.

i dont know how any of you can say that bobby hurts our teams chances when a number of students in 104 begin making comments to the refs that are not needed especially from the get go the short lambda chi kid (the guy with the collar bigger than he is, every game) is already cussing at them and making fun of them.

[i]Originally posted by Woodman[/i]@Dec 12 2004, 07:46 PM [b] It seems this is starting to be a problem every game. Bobby seems to forus on the refs instead of his players. Ref will rarely cost you a game, but he seems to start jawing with the refs within the first five minutes. I wish he would concentrate on his players and let the refs do their jobs. I had a parent tell me he does not like to take his kids anymore because Bobby is always yelling at the refs and they think they can do that during their youth games. Start coaching Bobby, if you want to be a ref put on a stripped shirt!! [/b]
Ditto.
[i]Originally posted by ninerID[/i]@Dec 13 2004, 06:48 AM [b] especially from the get go the short lambda chi kid (the guy with the collar bigger than he is, every game) is already cussing at them and making fun of them. [/b]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Coach K gets 700 - pounds Toledo 82-54 (From the Observer story). Interesting similarities in style.

And Krzyzewksi, who has ridden the officials in more than a handful of his 700 victories, began voicing his displeasure. He complained when he thought a Toledo player tried to trip Lee Melchionni, who was trying to save a ball from going out of bounds.

Krzyzewski swung his right foot to indicate that he thought another Toledo player kicked the ball before stealing it. After calling timeout with 49.5 seconds left in the first half, he shouted at official Ray Natili for a reason that wasn’t immediately clear.

Then Krzyzewski set up Redick to run across screens on the baseline for a 3-pointer that extended Duke’s halftime lead to 43-31.


Sure K has won 700 and the big ones but come on people, he’s screaming at the refs in a 30 point blowout of Toledo. We were getting tested by GA State at home. Remember the loss to Rutgers. I agree Bobby gets a little carried away at times BUT HIS DESIRE AND INTENSITY IS UN-MATCHED.

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Dec 13 2004, 09:51 AM [b] he's screaming at the refs in a 30 point blowout of Toledo. [/b]
think he'll never see those refs again? if you want your players to keep the same intensity whether its up by 30 or down by 4, or playing toledo or carolina OR georgia state or alabama. you better coach with the same intensity. players like knowing that a coach will stick up for them.