Did you hear about this?

Did you hear about the 2 boys in Charlotte that were playing basketball earlier this week when one of them was attacked by a Rottweiler? Thinking quickly, the other boy ripped off a picket from a nearby fence, wedged it into the dog’s collar, and twisted it, breaking the dog’s neck.

A reporter from the Charlotte Observer witnessed the incident and rushed over to interview the boy who had just saved his friend’s life. The reporter began entering data into his laptop, beginning with the headline…“Brave Young Tar Heels Fan Saves Friend From the Jaws of Vicious Animal.”

“But I’m not a UNC fan,” the little hero interjected.

“Sorry,” replied the reporter. “But since we’re in North Carolina and UNC just won the National Championship, I just assumed you were.”

Hitting the delete key, the reporter began again, “NC State Fan Rescues Friend From Horrific Dog Attack.”

“But I’m not a State fan either,” the boy responds.

The reporter says, “I assumed everybody in this state was either for the Heels or the Wolfpack. What team do you root for?”

“I’m a Duke fan,” the boy said proudly.

Hitting the delete key again, the reporter begins, “Arrogant Little Yankee Brat Kills Beloved Family Pet.”

Old joke. Good joke, though. One of those that you insert names of any rivals and it’s funny.

Sort of like this one…

“Memphis’” Men’s Basketball team got Straight A’s last semester!!..next semester, they’re working on Round O’s…

A classic.

[QUOTE=HP49er;400855]Did you hear about the 2 boys in Charlotte that were playing basketball earlier this week when one of them was attacked by a Rottweiler? Thinking quickly, the other boy ripped off a picket from a nearby fence, wedged it into the dog’s collar, and twisted it, breaking the dog’s neck.

A reporter from the Charlotte Observer witnessed the incident and rushed over to interview the boy who had just saved his friend’s life. The reporter began entering data into his laptop, beginning with the headline…“Brave Young Tar Heels Fan Saves Friend From the Jaws of Vicious Animal.”

“But I’m not a UNC fan,” the little hero interjected.

“Sorry,” replied the reporter. “But since we’re in North Carolina and UNC just won the National Championship, I just assumed you were.”

Hitting the delete key, the reporter began again, “NC State Fan Rescues Friend From Horrific Dog Attack.”

“But I’m not a State fan either,” the boy responds.

The reporter says, “I assumed everybody in this state was either for the Heels or the Wolfpack. What team do you root for?”

“I’m a Duke fan,” the boy said proudly.

Hitting the delete key again, the reporter begins, “Arrogant Little Yankee Brat Kills Beloved Family Pet.”[/QUOTE]

I have to admit I didn’t think this was a joke at first, we have had a high number of pitbull attacks and murders down here in texas recently…

Other than that it is funny!

[QUOTE=shagg49er;400858]I have to admit I didn’t think this was a joke at first [/QUOTE]

Yeah, me too. If it had said a Charlotte fan I would have known it wasn’t in the Observer.

Classic joke. It never gets old :lol: