Diploma

I hung my diploma on the wall of my office at work. The first person to comment on it looked at my Green - matted document and said, “the Tarheels, huh?”

In all fairness, when I corrected him, he immediately knew who we were and said, “yeah, you guys are pretty good in basketball.”

I forgot to mention that it happened again the next day. This person wasn’t as knowledgeable as the first.

[i]Originally posted by austinniner[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 10:03 PM [b] I forgot to mention that it happened again the next day. This person wasn't as knowledgeable as the first. [/b]
if the person wasn't as knowledgeable as the first, its pusnishable by a swift kick to the ding ding. Baby blue is for pansies.
[i]Originally posted by austinniner[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 04:49 PM [b] In all fairness, when I corrected him, he immediately knew who we were and said, "yeah, you guys are pretty good in basketball." [/b]
I get that comment most of the time when I mention where I went to school. The person usually adds...you guy's own Cinci. ..I saw those games you knocked them off when they were ranked. I didn't bother to tell him our all-time record vs them. The perception is we own the bearcats.

I actually got a correct coment today from someone. He said, “You guys usually make a run at the tournament, don’t you?” When I asked him to specify, I was shocked when he said, “NCAA Basketball.” He then asked me who our mascot was, and when I told him, he replied that he had thought it was the Miners or something similar.

7-13 ain’t that bad against us alltime

[i]Originally posted by austinniner[/i]@Jul 14 2004, 05:41 PM [b] I actually got a correct coment today from someone. He said, "You guys usually make a run at the tournament, don't you?" When I asked him to specify, I was shocked when he said, "NCAA Basketball." He then asked me who our mascot was, and when I told him, he replied that he had thought it was the Miners or something similar. [/b]
The popularity of NCAA bracket pools really helps with exposure. People see Charlotte jsut about every year. Now if we can just advance.

Yeah, 7-13 is a lot better than most teams. Has anyone else in C-USA won at the Shoe? Probably only a couple, I would think.