Discussion of stats from the Yale debacle

Plavich, 1 for 8 from three.

Niners, 10 of 19.

Niners-Plav, 9-11.

this was a pi and yinzer approved message.

Without being able to watch the game, I’ll speculate Plav took some shots he should not have taken. How’s that for stepping out on a limb with an assumption? Glad to see (I mean hear) Iti have a good game… & really glad that we hit our free throws down the stretch.

Withers, 16 points and 9 boards, i’ll take it.

72% from the line.

[i]Originally posted by Anborn[/i]@Dec 29 2004, 01:31 AM [b] 72% from the line. [/b]
And 100% when it counted the most.

B)

I was at the game, so I’ll try to give my thoughts.

Iti was a stud. The jump hook was falling. He was getting the ball regularly. Some very nice dunks on both put backs, and off feeds. On D some very well blocked shoots. Meaning he did the things we complain he doesn’t do enough of… just being tall and putting your hands up. The times when he had space between himself and the defender were when we leaped for the blocks. They did a good job of adjusting to him by shooting a lot of runners and floaters in the second half. Still, that’s what you want a shot blocker to do… force the other team to change how they play.

Leemire was sensational shooting the ball, and hit the foul shots he had to. I was a little disappointed he got the 5 second call, but really Mitch should have been the one handling the ball. I’m not putting it on Mitch, I’m just saying I would rather Lee give it up to him. Freshman mistake. He’s far better though than Demon was his freshman year. Far better. He did not force up a single shot. As for the two he banked in (yes two) they were both from the elbows. I think it actually was intended.

Eddie looked banged up. He’d play tight when first coming in after sitting out, but once he got warm and loose, the shot started falling. Played his usual good all around game, but he’s hurting in my opinion.

Curtis… my friend who’s an alum seeing his first game said he has the beaten dog syndrome at times out there. It’s clear he’s the most gifted player on the court, but he’s simply not getting it done. I really don’t know what to think. Did start putting it together late when he was getting the ball on the block. Still, was too passive at taking it to the hole against their D when isolated on the perimeter. They played a lot of man, and he could have taken his guy.

Whatever Lutz says about our perimeter defense, he’s wrong. It’s wretched. They had open looks all game long. Didn’t fall in the first half, but they started to in the second. They also generate long rebounds when they get free passes but miss from the arc, and that increases the likelihood of offensive boards, which they had too many of in the second half.

Again we played to the ability of our opponent. Expect another tight one tomorrow.
As for the refs, they were DREADFUL in the first half. Every other possession for Yale was a travel. If not, we were either called for a foul or called for a foul. I think it was 13 - 3 at the half. They also let a lot of camping out in the lane go uncalled. Should have been several 3 second violations. A woeful crew.

Yale had a lot of fans. Best line of the night after they lost: "We’re still Yale."
No $hit Sherlock, solve another mystery.

Edit: Forgot Brendan. He was just flat out off. Took mostly good looks. They simply did not fall. Also had a pathetic strip of his ball which resulted in an easy layup for them. Was not on the court when Yale was forced to foul.

Your thoughts are too long. We suck, those are my thoughts.

That performance was horrible. Yale sucks and last night we sucked right along with them. Winning games by struggling with teams like Yale is not going to get it done come conference play. I’m just mad I stayed up for that monkey crap last night. Basically, the team plays when they want to. With that being said, I am prepared to hear Lefty49er right a summary on how Yale is a much better team than people think, it’s not Lutz’s fault, etc. :lol:

photos here

What high school was the tournament held at? People lounging around. Can’t blame them though. Tournament full of scrubs.

[i]Originally posted by franchise49er[/i]@Dec 29 2004, 07:32 AM [b] Basically, the team plays when they want to. With that being said, I am prepared to hear Lefty49er right a summary on how Yale is a much better team than people think, it's not Lutz's fault, etc. :lol: [/b]
Why do you mention me in every post? :wacko: :rolleyes:

I fell asleep unconfortably at halftime with an 8 point lead hoping they would build on it and actually blow someone out. I was nervous turning on the radio this morning. I’m just glad to hear we took care of business. Seems like we are always playing down to our opponents. I can’t stand this and only hope we can play up when we have to. I am happy with the win and hope to see, I mean hear, them bring home a trophy.

Thanks for the report from the Left Coast. As for the refs—it will be hard to find a worse crew than the ones at the IU game. Ed Hightower is awful. The crew called 22 fouls in a 14 minute period in the second half. The only good part is that they were evenly called.

Our fans (all 15 of us) and the IU fans were in total agreement on the refs performance. Of course we were happier with the final outcome!

As for Plav last night, don’t worry—he will rebound tonight and start knocking them down. Eddie was beaten up a good bit at the IU game. Iti should have been very fresh for the Yale game because he has been nowhere to be found for the past couple of games.

No matter how ugly it was last night or any night, a “w” is still a “w”!

Lefty. Because you have the inability to be objective when discussing the Niners. Oh the horror if a prospective player or someone you know from the program reads something negative from you. You deliver useless news like Denver’s coach being fired. Your world is Niner green and are a Lutz apologist. Nothing wrong with that, because that is who you are, but it makes some of us sick to read all of that rah rah crap every day. But don’t flatter yourself, man. I certainly don’t mention you in every post. Can you squeeze your head in through the door at your office?

[i]Originally posted by Mr. Bojangles[/i]@Dec 29 2004, 08:51 AM [b] I fell asleep unconfortably at halftime with an 8 point lead hoping they would build on it and actually blow someone out. I was nervous turning on the radio this morning. I'm just glad to hear we took care of business. Seems like we are always playing down to our opponents. I can't stand this and only hope we can play up when we have to. I am happy with the win and hope to see, I mean hear, them bring home a trophy. [/b]
[b]them bring home a trophy.[/b]

Should you really get a trophy for beating Yale and Central Conn.?

Quick Question- Could our OOC schedule be any worse? We’ve played one team that’s decent, possibly two if Rutgers has a halfway decent year (and lost them both by the way).

I hope they powers that be were serious when they said RPI is that big of a factor, because we’ll be lucky to be in the top 50.

[i]Originally posted by franchise49er[/i]@Dec 29 2004, 09:13 AM [b] Nothing wrong with that, because that is who you are, but it makes some of us sick to read all of that rah rah crap every day. But don't flatter yourself, man. I certainly don't mention you in every post. Can you squeeze your head in through the door at your office? [/b]
I recommend the Ignore feature my friend. I didn't realize I was causing such anxiety. Too much rah-rah on the NinerNation.net. Go figure. :o

Lefty. You think I’m the only one who feels this way about your obvious plea to be adopted by Bobby? You were getting mocked in the chat room. LOL.

Note to 49er Staff: PLEASE consider Lefty49er for a position on your staff. Perhaps Big Man Coach or perhaps Bobby’s personal assistant. Lefty49er is very skilled at defending the program. He would be extraordinary in writing statements to the press for Coach Lutz. Furthermore, he is very up to date of daily Niner related happenings, such as Rodney White box scores, firings of coaches which may positively affect playing time for former Niner players. For God’s sake, hire the man!

[i]Originally posted by franchise49er[/i]@Dec 29 2004, 09:27 AM [b] Lefty. You think I'm the only one who feels this way about your obvious plea to be adopted by Bobby? You were getting mocked in the chat room. LOL.

Note to 49er Staff: PLEASE consider Lefty49er for a position on your staff. Perhaps Big Man Coach or perhaps Bobby’s personal assistant. Lefty49er is very skilled at defending the program. He would be extraordinary in writing statements to the press for Coach Lutz. Furthermore, he is very up to date of daily Niner related happenings, such as Rodney White box scores, firings of coaches which may positively affect playing time for former Niner players. For God’s sake, hire the man! [/b]

Thanks for the update.

:popcorn: