Does the name UNC Charlotte cause us to be confused with Chapel Hill?

Ahh....straight from the 'Roger Clemens School of Lying".

The simple fact that the North Carolina University System website is not www.unc.edu should be enough to convince any rationally thinking human being.

They’re not lying. They’re misremembering. :lmao:

[QUOTE=survivor45;294706]The simple fact that the North Carolina University System website is not [URL=http://www.unc.edu]www.unc.edu[/URL] should be enough to convince any rationally thinking human being.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah! I completely forgot about that one. Just give them that example and tell them not only do we and other see them that way, but they see them selves that way. It’s a giant thumb that we are under.

Neutral party here. I think the school should be University of Charlotte. My wife and I are new to town and here is a good example why you should be University of Charlotte: We are going to the hoops game tonight (I’m an X grad). My wife is getting changed this morning and comes out wearing a light blue sweater. Then as she is about to walk out the door she turns to me and says, “Oh, I should change, I wouldn’t want to wear the color of the team X is playing tonight.” I said you aren’t, they are palying UNCC. She replies, “that’s not the same thing?”

In Ohio, the state schools, for the most part, go by the city name: Kent State, Cleveland State, University of Akron. She honestly thought that UNCC was a regional campus of Chapel Hill - not a seperate school.

In Ohio, the state schools, for the most part, go by the city name: Kent State, Cleveland State, University of Akron. She honestly thought that UNCC was a regional campus of Chapel Hill - not a seperate school.

What? You mean you aren’t begging your school’s administration to rename itself “Ohio State at Xavier”? :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=powerofX;294720]Neutral party here. I think the school should be University of Charlotte. My wife and I are new to town and here is a good example why you should be University of Charlotte: We are going to the hoops game tonight (I’m an X grad). My wife is getting changed this morning and comes out wearing a light blue sweater. Then as she is about to walk out the door she turns to me and says, “Oh, I should change, I wouldn’t want to wear the color of the team X is playing tonight.” I said you aren’t, they are palying UNCC. She replies, “that’s not the same thing?”

In Ohio, the state schools, for the most part, go by the city name: Kent State, Cleveland State, University of Akron. She honestly thought that UNCC was a regional campus of Chapel Hill - not a seperate school.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow! Hey welcome to NNN and Charlotte. Let me refer you to another thread to share your story. [URL=http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14909&highlight=confusion][B][U][COLOR=DarkGreen]The Name Confusion Log[/COLOR][/U][/B][/URL]. This has actually been used by SGA for examples and reasoning behind a name change. Your addition would be greatly appreciated!

according to ESPN NC Central is now UNCC

[QUOTE=powerofX;294720]My wife is getting changed this morning and comes out wearing a light blue sweater. Then as she is about to walk out the door she turns to me and says, “Oh, I should change, I wouldn’t want to wear the color of the team X is playing tonight.” I said you aren’t, they are palying UNCC. She replies, “that’s not the same thing?”
[/QUOTE]

Good story.
But to be fair, she probably shouldn’t wear light blue either, since some of our fans have been known to taunt Tarheel fans if they wear their gear in Halton Arena. If it’s just a blue sweater, no biggie, if it says “I Love Roy” it might be different. :wink:

[QUOTE=Florida49er;294770]Good story.
But to be fair, she probably shouldn’t wear light blue either, since some of our fans have been known to taunt Tarheel fans if they wear their gear in Halton Arena. If it’s just a blue sweater, no biggie, if it says “I Love Roy” it might be different. ;)[/QUOTE]

True. Best bet is just to where a white shirt tonight.

Early returns are in and this is looking like Johnson vs Goldwater…

49 (92%) to 4 (8%)

[QUOTE=casstommy;294786]

49 (92%) [/QUOTE]

Perfect!!

clt asks who the 4 infidels are?

clt asks who the 4 infidels are?

Dr Phil says Hi!

[QUOTE=cltniners;294788]clt asks who the 4 infidels are?[/QUOTE]

I can guess 1 of them. He goes by CHIP…

[QUOTE=casstommy;294789]Dr Phil says Hi![/QUOTE]

:lmao:

How long is this poll gonna be up for, and what is being done to get the word out about it? I would really like to see an acurate measure of the student body. The early voting is really one sided, but I suspect that most of that is due to NNN.

[QUOTE=Florida49er;294684]Within NC, I’d say it’s 50/50 on whether telling someone you go to “UNC Charlotte” will register in their brain as UNC Chapel Hill. Meh, 50/50 is probably optimistic.

Outside of NC, it’s more like 90/10, unless they are from an A-10/C-USA School.

When interviewing at the co. I now work for in FL, a couple of the people - even though they had seen my resume prior to talking to me - when asked where I went to school (or just on their own), always said “Oh, the Tarheels…” :huh:[/QUOTE]

100 miles away in Greenville, SC, almost everyone thinks that Charlotte is a branch campus of Chapel Hill. :unhappy:

Oh Yeah – I was at a high profile fund raising/benefactor promo at the speedway one time for some Engineering/NASCAR program and the keynote speaker said UNC Chapel Hill…I still cringe thinking about it. ‘Charlotte’ or ‘Charlotte U’ …if the campus were near any other city it wouldn’t matter.

[QUOTE=Upstate49er;294828]Charlotte is a branch campus of Chapel Hill.[/QUOTE]

Happens to me all the time! Makes my blood boil for some reason if I am not careful. I am so cynical that I interupt before it happens and say "NOPE, The Charlotte 49ers.

up to 5 idiots and 76 realists

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;294642]Simple question…

http://sga.uncc.edu/node/548[/QUOTE]

Not meaningfully.