Donators: Letter to Athletic Dept

So, I have an idea of how to get noticed, and how to put our feelings forth with some hopefully good backing.

What if we sent a letter, one letter, and signed it by everyone on this board (and everyone who knows fellow alum who donate) and added our yearly contributions and graduation year on it. The letter could be sent to Dubois as a call for Judy or to Judy as a call for Lutz or something else. The actual contents arent super important right now, as that should be decided by a consensus of the group, but just the idea that they could see “hey, we are potentially loosing $xx,ooo per year, THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!”

I would personally be on for that, and I think that if anything, a group effort of sorts like this might be just what the doctor ordered.

I think it’s a great idea! I don’t currently donate because I am a student, but I’d still like to help in any way I can.

you guys are retarded…seriously…retarded

whats retarded is not giving a **** about the program and bashing people everytime they try to get noticed. I’m a student also but if I could help to try to get Judy out I would gladly do it. I’m not sure about Bobby yet I would like to give him till the end of the year.

you guys are retarded...seriously....retarded

Thats uncalled for. If you do not agree, simply say that, dont attack him.

If your are a student, go to school and support your program.

Don’t worry about Administration issues, leave that to the more seasoned Alumni.

[QUOTE=BigTimeNiner;204195]If your are a student, go to school and support your program.

Don’t worry about Administration issues, leave that to the more seasoned Alumni.[/QUOTE]

The current students are paying a heck of a lot more to the university than most alumni are. I’d say they have a vested interest in administration issues.

[QUOTE=BigTimeNiner;204195]If your are a student, go to school and support your program.

Don’t worry about Administration issues, leave that to the more seasoned Alumni.[/QUOTE]

That’s the problem, the Alumni hasn’t done $hit to change administration, coaching, or leadership. I hear many alumni on this board bitch about how the Judy needs to be fired, Bobby needs to be gone, Dubois needs out, among other things but Does it ever happen? no.

Alumni at many other schools would have already put Judy out to the curb and if Bobby conitinues he would be gone to. I’m not saying that Alumni should run the school, but they should at least put a check on the AD department. Our AD department does whatever Judy says and thats what goes and thats a problem.

^ I agree, and that is why I made this thread. Students do pay alot, but this was more directed to the alumni.

I think its crazy that we should bitch and moan about stuff on here, and not band together with one voice, and one wallet, and say enough is enough. Emails from individuals don’t speak the volumes one well written letter from a band of people does.

Nick McEnitre would love to talk with you, ballin. Maybe you can explain to him why the alumni of UNC Charlotte have traditionally been apathetic, just like most of the students on campus are today.

Look at a game program the next time you go to a game, pages 65-68. The list of “large” donors is small, the list of less than $1500 is large. Many of those are not alumni at all. And that means there isn’t the clout that you believe there is.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;204276]That’s the problem, the Alumni hasn’t done $hit to change administration, coaching, or leadership. I hear many alumni on this board bitch about how the Judy needs to be fired, Bobby needs to be gone, Dubois needs out, among other things but Does it ever happen? no.

Alumni at many other schools would have already put Judy out to the curb and if Bobby conitinues he would be gone to. I’m not saying that Alumni should run the school, but they should at least put a check on the AD department. Our AD department does whatever Judy says and thats what goes and thats a problem.[/QUOTE]

I don’t think we have that large alumni donor that is a force to be reckoned with. Until that happens, us hollering won’t make much difference.

Better to try and fail that to sit by idley and do nothing but bitch I always say.

[QUOTE=HP49er;204281]Nick McEnitre would love to talk with you, ballin. Maybe you can explain to him why the alumni of UNC Charlotte have traditionally been apathetic, just like most of the students on campus are today.

Look at a game program the next time you go to a game, pages 65-68. The list of “large” donors is small, the list of less than $1500 is large. Many of those are not alumni at all. And that means there isn’t the clout that you believe there is.[/QUOTE]

It’s very simple, one word: Football

Without it we will never have alumni support and the apathy will continue.

On the second part we do not have a Donor who can affect any kind of change in the athletic departmant, except maybe Dale Halton, one of Judy’s best friends.

I hear you Jim, but I’m wondering if the suits are hearing a thing. I’m personally more upset with the goings on (or lack of them) at UNCC than I am with athletics.

you mean the branding study at 250,000 won’t rallly the troops and pay for itself in 4-6 years, why i am shocked.

we hired a train conductor, not a leader for chancellor. We hired a leveler, not a wall buster for an AD.

Did anyone see the chancellor at AppState on espn this weekend talking about football and what it did for the school? Watch the link in my signature there is a clip of him going nuts at a football game with a sign and a bell.

[QUOTE=HP49er;204290]I hear you Jim, but I’m wondering if the suits are hearing a thing. I’m personally more upset with the goings on (or lack of them) at UNCC than I am with athletics.[/QUOTE]
You mean “goings on” like spending $250,000 for a branding study and excluding Football or a Name Change as an option to even be discussed???

[QUOTE]Watch the link in my signature there is a clip of him going nuts at a football game with a sign and a bell.[/QUOTE]

I watched the video, I went to High School with 3 of those guys, and played football with two of them.

I watched the video, I went to High School with 3 of those guys, and played football with two of them.

[FONT=Arial]Matt Isenhour on the Oline is my cousin. He could have wen to the ACC but was to short.[/FONT]