DON'T MISS the CFI on TV Sunday!!!

The Charlotte Football Initiative and the football movement at Charlotte as a whole will be featured on WCNC NEWS6 on the 6:00(wil actually start at 5:52) and the 11:00 on Sunday. Please have recording equipment ready.

You guys might recognize a couple of the esteemed gentlemen interviewed.

You guys might recognize a couple of the esteemed gentlemen interviewed.

Who thats? Jim? Juuuust kiddin’.

lol

Bump.

Looks like a text story on what the video will show later today.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-102006-uncc_football.59c4c0ce.html

there is video on that link

Judy Rose just called our website “fantasy dollars”. And the website was not shown on the video. This is more than a “fantasy” this is a group trying to do what we think the school should be doing.

Metro has been saying it all along and now i am joining him.

I am done putting my time and conjuring up what little pride I can for this school. I will continue the fight for football, continue to sell shirts, and window stickers, continue to meet. But I am done with donating to this school because they don’t want it. This is absolutely pathetic. Somehow, Coastal, App, Shaw, Pembroke, Campbell, Old Dominion can all fund a team but we can’t. It’s basically about the fact that they want a team, and our administration doesn’t. That is the only fact that i think everyone of us needs to learn.

It’s not Bonnie Cone. That one is just silly.

It’s not Title IX. This was shot down by a niner online article this week quoting Spease.

It’s not that we can’t fill Halton, Halton is basketball, football is football.

It’s not money. Other schools with football don’t have near the money that we do. Our school could easily be fully funded athletically, but I think we like having it as, yes one more silly excuse.

It’s that the school doesn’t want it and they don’t want to put forth the effort to see if it is feasible. There I said it, so now they don’t have to. They can quit putting a different spin on the ball each time an effort like this comes around.

We have over 21,000 students. For God’s sake we have it written that a football stadium can’t be put on our property. We are in the freaking A-10 which might just be the highest point we will be at for the next 30 years. We had our chance a decade ago when UAB, USF were starting football programs. We could have learned 3 years ago when we were without a place to go due to the lack of, Football.

And the website was not shown on the video
Yes it was. For about a second.

oh sheezie… thats me!

I think the point was, pledged dollars don’t equal dollars in the bank. Not too many stadium builders, equipment supplies, charter services, etc will take pledges as payment. The foundation gets tens of thousands of dollars annually in pledges that don’t get paid.

[QUOTE=ninerID;193914]Judy Rose just called our website “fantasy dollars”. And the website was not shown on the video[/QUOTE]

It just shows that Judy Rose has no interest in bringing (or try) football to Charlotte.
I still stand by that Judy Rose has to be gone in order to have a chance to get football.

Looks like a text story on what the video will show later today.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-102006-uncc_football.59c4c0ce.html

UNCP has a team? What the hell, man. I didn’t even know they had sports. This is just plain ridiculous. We have a bunch of people that are in charge of money at a college that has a very well established business school, and these people don’t understand risk/reward. I am officially pissed.

Keep in mind, they took about 60 minutues and edited it to 2 minutes to tell a story how they wanted to. The key is it gets us and the cause exposure and that’s what we need. They have put a link to the website on their site and that should help us as well. The important thing is to keep people talking about it.

Don’t get to mad about Judy saying you can build a team with “fantasy” dollars. You have no idea what she said before or after that.

They made it look like I believe the Bonnie Cone myth and also stated I started the website, which I never said and in fact clearly talk about the genesis of it all in the interview.

That’s TV and the power of editing for you. Again all we really care about is exposure and getting to word out.

UNCP has a team? What the hell, man. I didn't even know they had sports. This is just plain ridiculous. We have a bunch of people that are in charge of money at a college that has a very well established business school, and these people don't understand risk/reward. I am officially pissed.

there are a lot of schools like UNCP or smaller with football.

there are a lot of schools like UNCP or smaller with football.

Yes, but most of those are private schools with very rich alumni who basically put forth enough money to support it. Not to mention they charge their students about 5 times what we do. For UNCP to be a small school in the same state system as us and they are able to afford it. That is why the big deal over that. In my opinion, UNCP getting a program just throws the “we can’t afford it” excuse right out of the window, and that is the best excuse they have. This just gets under my skin. It’s not about cost, it’s about politics. The people with power don’t want it, and that’s it, and they are so closed minded that this will not change until they leave. I hate it but its true.

In my opinion, UNCP getting a program just throws the "we can't afford it" excuse right out of the window, and that is the best excuse they have. This just gets under my skin. It's not about cost, it's about politics. The people with power don't want it, and that's it, and they are so closed minded that this will not change until they leave. I hate it but its true.

I totally agree, see my post from above. They don’t want it apparently. And in that mind that just means they don’t care about the desire of students/alumni. It also shows that they don’t care about the future of our other athletics. It would take a moron to not notice the negative effects that dropping to the a-10 has caused. It isn’t going to get any better until we have football.

[QUOTE=ninerID;193924]… It also shows that they don’t care about the future of our other athletics. It would take a moron to not notice the negative effects that dropping to the a-10 has caused…[/QUOTE]

Not trying to be argumentative, but the issue of “caring about the future of our other athletics” makes the UNCP/Charlotte comparison invalid. UNCP is going to play DII football, which isn’t an option for Charlotte. I know you can argue “any football would be good”, but the challenges of starting DII football in a small town, with no aspirations of it being anything more than that, is a very different case study than starting football in a major city with the ultimate goal of it being the springboard to a BCS berth and conference.

If simply “having” a team was the goal, I doubt many folks would stand in the way, but it has to be calculated for its maximum benefit, which would be to reestablish the 49ers into a premier all-sports league, something the Peach Belt Conference is not. I believe people really would give substantial amounts of money for Charlotte football, but I am skeptical that a steady diet of DII, NAIA, etc games (ala Pembroke) would keep them reaching into their wallets year after year.

And if you believe that the A-10 was a step down, so be it, but anything less than division IA won’t reverse that feeling, which reinforces the difference in UNCP’s goals and what ours have to be IF we are going to add the sport.

Not trying to be argumentative, but the issue of "caring about the future of our other athletics" makes the UNCP/Charlotte comparison invalid. UNCP is going to play DII football, which isn't an option for Charlotte. I know you can argue "any football would be good", but the challenges of starting DII football in a small town, with no aspirations of it being anything more than that, is a very different case study than starting football in a major city with the ultimate goal of it being the springboard to a BCS berth and conference.

If simply “having” a team was the goal, I doubt many folks would stand in the way, but it has to be calculated for its maximum benefit, which would be to reestablish the 49ers into a premier all-sports league, something the Peach Belt Conference is not. I believe people really would give substantial amounts of money for Charlotte football, but I am skeptical that a steady diet of DII, NAIA, etc games (ala Pembroke) would keep them reaching into their wallets year after year.

And if you believe that the A-10 was a step down, so be it, but anything less than division IA won’t reverse that feeling, which reinforces the difference in UNCP’s goals and what ours have to be IF we are going to add the sport.

so you have made a lot of good points but are totally random and have nothing to do with what I am saying.

Find one person on here that thinks we are wanting football at Division II? The argument is if UNCP can find the funds for football, surely to God UNC Charlotte could. I know Division II is way cheaper, but how much bigger is Charlotte than Pembroke? How many more students do we have than pembroke? How many more alumni do we have than pembroke? I don’t want to compare us to Pembroke on any level, but the fact is they went out and tried to do something to bring a little support to their school on the level that their school could handle.

Yes the a-10 was a step down, find me one person who disagrees with that. I was saying that if we had football we would at least be in CUSA with the outside possibility of being in the Big East.

And if you believe that the A-10 was a step down, so be it, but anything less than division IA won't reverse that feeling, which reinforces the difference in UNCP's goals and what ours have to be IF we are going to add the sport.
This is not simply a belief, it is a fact. The A-10 < Old CUSA. Us not getting into a better conference, either one equal to Old CUSA or a better one like BE, is a direct result of not having football.

[QUOTE=The Provider;193926]Not trying to be argumentative, but the issue of “caring about the future of our other athletics” makes the UNCP/Charlotte comparison invalid. UNCP is going to play DII football, which isn’t an option for Charlotte. I know you can argue “any football would be good”, but the challenges of starting DII football in a small town, with no aspirations of it being anything more than that, is a very different case study than starting football in a major city with the ultimate goal of it being the springboard to a BCS berth and conference.

And if you believe that the A-10 was a step down, so be it, but anything less than division IA won’t reverse that feeling, which reinforces the difference in UNCP’s goals and what ours have to be IF we are going to add the sport.[/QUOTE]

Judy’s problem? She is a Winthrop grad.
Until a Niner is in charge, no dice will ever be rolled.

Also, All decisions are “resume” decisions, and no risk is acceptable because it could make the female AD look bad. Had a man sank us into the A10 and not started football 10 years ago, he would of been hung, but Judy gets a free ride because she is a woman.

I can’t believe she used the term “fantasy dollars” in regards to the great website, it just shows her general attitude.