Don't miss WBTV's 10:00pm News Cast Friday 1/12

Great job Jim.

This is definitely a great breakthrough and positive step forward.

Good work Jim! I may actually get to see 49er football during my lifetimeā€¦Iā€™m beginning to get a little bit excited!!!

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;210644]http://www.wbtv.com/prep/localpreps/5181412.html

This is by far the best piece we have had yet. Interviewing the Butler and Independence coach was a stroke of brilliance by Danielle.

By the way, Danielle (the reporter) is a former niner and big football supporter. oh and a super hottie.[/QUOTE]

Could she be our sideline reporter, ah la Suzie Kolbert!

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;210651]Yes it is a possibility as much as 20,000 and it is my understanding that it would be our most likely and most attractive first home until the macdaddy on campus stadium can be build.[/QUOTE]

Great to hear! I was thinking that it could be expanded but didnā€™t know if the Athletic dept would want to combine soccer/track/football. That will bring alums back to campus which should help with the overall impact on the University aspect. I was afraid weā€™d have to play in Memorial stadium.

Nice coverage indeed!
:clap: :49ers:

Really nice story. Since it wasnā€™t dated, any chance it could run on Channel 3
in the next few days?
Thanks, Jimbo.
Wish the shirt was held up longer so it could be read.
This is the kind of pub the football initiative needs more of. Hello other TV
stations in Charlotteā€¦are you out there???

Great work Jim! Great piece by Danielle. I would have to agree that a soccer/track/football facility is the best option for startup since itā€™s the most affordable without rent.

Bump

Very nice. Ver nice Ver nice

The word is traveling.

I got an email from my father in law. He works at the hospital in Grenada, Mississippi. A doctor came up to him the other day and said ā€œHave you heard that UNCC is trying to get football? Didnā€™t your daughter go there?ā€

I have no clue how that guy had heard, but that is some amazing stuff. Maybe he has ties to memphis or southern miss, but great to hear.

[QUOTE=719er;210699]Really nice story. Since it wasnā€™t dated, any chance it could run on Channel 3
in the next few days?
Thanks, Jimbo.
Wish the shirt was held up longer so it could be read.
This is the kind of pub the football initiative needs more of. Hello other TV
stations in Charlotteā€¦are you out there???[/QUOTE]

Danielle is going to see if they will run the piece again this week. Iā€™ll keep you posted.

Did anyone send this to our lame ass administration?

Did anyone send this to our lame ass administration?

whereā€™s metro?

I thought this was the best piece done on the football effort to date. I know this is HIGHLY unlikely but wouldnā€™t it be cool if we could get a national news agency (i.e. CNN Headline News, Fox News, or MSNBC) to do a story on our effort. If people around the country began to hear about this effort even more pressure would build up on the board of trustees to do something.

That is a great idea!

i havenā€™t watched it in a LONG time but i remember that CNN Headline news used to have just DUMB stories, they would have 5 min segments on chicken farmers and just off the wall stuff.

All it takes is a contact, or someone that can work to get some stuff done. I will see what i can do, :grin:

great job jim! great publicity for the cause. this is the stuff that will push the administration and prop up those in the admin who want football.

great job jim! great publicity for the cause. this is the stuff that will push the administration and prop up those in the admin who want football.

Just as important I think it sends the message that itā€™s not the usual once in every five years a bunch of alum make a little noise and go away routine.

That was a great report. Things are really becoming exciting these days. It was nice to see the reporter get some other opinions from area coaches. This city does have a lot of prep talent.

And, now, Jimmyā€™s a t.v. star.
I guess heā€™ll get stalkers and paparazzi next.

[QUOTE=ninerID;210973]That is a great idea!

i havenā€™t watched it in a LONG time but i remember that CNN Headline news used to have just DUMB stories, they would have 5 min segments on chicken farmers and just off the wall stuff.

All it takes is a contact, or someone that can work to get some stuff done. I will see what i can do, :grin:[/QUOTE]

The owner of my company has a daughter whoā€™s in charge of booking guests for Larry King. How would that be?

The owner of my company has a daughter who's in charge of booking guests for Larry King. How would that be?

That would be awesome! Larry actually has a decent lineup though, and doesnā€™t have to stretch for guests like a spill on the headline news. Worth a shot, aim high right?