Don't Worry, Guys

Charlotte 75, Davidson 62

Plavich Leads 49ers to Hornets’ Nest Trophy

Davidson, NC – Senior captain Brendan Plavich went nine of 12 from three-point range, scoring 30 points to lead the Charlotte 49ers (4-2, 0-0 C-USA) to a 75-62 victory over rival Davidson (2-5, 0-0 SoCon) in ESPN College Hoops 2K5 play tonight.

The 49ers also captured the Hornets’ Nest trophy for the second consecutive year. The trophy is given annually to the Charlotte-Davidson men’s basketball winner.

“I just felt in the zone tonight. They fed me the ball on the wing, because they packed the middle all night,” said Plavich. “I can’t believe they left me open.”

Charlotte expected to be challenged on the inside tonight, and Davidson did not disappoint by playing a 2-3 zone defense for much of the game. But Plavich made the 'Cats pay from the outside. “We just kept giving it to him, and he kept hitting 'em,” said Niners forward Curtis Withers.

Withers scored 12 points and grabbed 10 rebounds for Charlotte, while Chris Nance added 10 points and four blocks. Kenny Grant led the Wildcats with 20 points, while Brendan Winters added 14.

Some 49er fans call for Lutz to be let go since Curtis took 12 instead of 13 shot attempts. It’s clear he isn’t getting the ball and Lutz is out to get him. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just a joke for the boards since we have heard Lutz and Plavich bashed since Saturday.

GO NINERS! BEAT THE WILDCATS!

The Niners lost 100-110 in 2OT against Davidson in the game I just simmed.