doucebag of the day- Kevin Siers

We got the nod on the Sunday editorial cartoon.

I hate the Observer. As they hate our school.

link?

Nothing like that strong local support to get his thing rolling!!!

Does someone have a link or a scan?

So what? These assholes have always gone out of their way to step on our school since the beginning of time. Who cares. There’s no stopping us now. Who cares about the naysayers. The 49er football train ain’t stopping until it reaches its destination. Just let 'em get run over.

Does someone have a link or a scan?

It hasn’t been updated online but maybe Mike can link it. It’s basically a miner down in a hole singing “Clementine” and it referencing us being deep down in a huge money pit.

Typical jab from the Big O.

[QUOTE=jcl49er;360830]… referencing us being deep down in a huge money pit.

Typical jab from the Big O.[/QUOTE]

Should Keven Siers be pointing fingers?

Last time I checked, the Observer does not have a lot of money to toss at a guy that draws cartoons.

[QUOTE=survivor45;360835]Should Keven Siers be pointing fingers?

Last time I checked, the Observer does not have a lot of money to toss at a guy that draws cartoons.[/QUOTE]

That’s what they pay him for – drawing provocative cartoons. I don’t agree with many of them myself.

I’m trying to get you a link, as long as you don’t shoot the messenger.

It shows a large hole in the ground with this text coming out:

Oh my darlin’
Oh my darlin’
Oh my darlin’ clementine!
I’m a miner, forty-niner,
Excavating for a mine.

I can’t lay off
’til the payoff.
For UNCC, I can’t quit!
Need a gold vein
or go insane
Filling football’s
Money pit.

It shows a large hole in the ground with this text coming out:

Oh my darlin’
Oh my darlin’
Oh my darlin’ clementine!
I’m a miner, forty-niner,
Excavating for a mine.

I can’t lay off
'til the payoff.
For UNCC, I can’t quit!
Need a gold vein
or go insane
Filling football’s
Money pit.

Not only is he a jerk, but he’s not funny at all.

Who cares what elitist snobs like he and Skunkin think? They’re not people you’d see at a game, or you’d even want. It’s clear by our FSL count already that there is a wealth of support for football.

Let the eggheads have their day. It’s all just displaced anger cause they sucked at sports when they were kids and weren’t allowed to play.

[QUOTE=MKNiner;360851]Not only is he a jerk, but he’s not funny at all.

Who cares what elitist snobs like he and Skunkin think? They’re not people you’d see at a game, or you’d even want. It’s clear by our FSL count already that there is a wealth of support for football.

Let the eggheads have their day. It’s all just displaced anger cause they sucked at sports when they were kids and weren’t allowed to play.[/QUOTE]

LMAO. nice shot.

So what are we to conclude from this?

BOT voted to move forward on the 13th. Cartoon doesn’t even run until the 16th (coincidence that it’s on Sunday, the biggest readership day of the week?). Does that mean that Charlotte football is THE big issue of the week? If so, thank you!

or maybe Siers ‘got nuthin’ and had to basically recycle a cartoon he’s run before?

or maybe he’s just obsessed because I didn’t see any cartoonage about the plan to expand Keenan Flagler stadium in a crappy economy?

Either way the number of FSL pledges fly directly in the face of the point Siers is trying to get across. Why is he ignoring that?

Kevin Siers is beating a dead horse. Let his dumb a55 do so. He’s the one who seems foolish at this point.

Siers is probably the guy who got his butt kicked by football players in high school.

So what are we to conclude from this?

BOT voted to move forward on the 13th. Cartoon doesn’t even run until the 16th (coincidence that it’s on Sunday, the biggest readership day of the week?). Does that mean that Charlotte football is THE big issue of the week? If so, thank you!

or maybe Siers ‘got nuthin’ and had to basically recycle a cartoon he’s run before?

or maybe he’s just obsessed because I didn’t see any cartoonage about the plan to expand Keenan Flagler stadium in a crappy economy?

Either way the number of FSL pledges fly directly in the face of the point Siers is trying to get across. Why is he ignoring that?

If football is such a loser, why aren’t schools canceling programs?

4.5 million has been pledged w/o a single official program

I REALLY am getting to the point of walking into the Observer office in person to speak with these jackasses.

They don’t want our campus to flourish- its that simple!!

If football is such a loser, why aren't schools canceling programs?

4.5 million has been pledged w/o a single official program

I REALLY am getting to the point of walking into the Observer office in person to speak with these jackasses.

They don’t want our campus to flourish- its that simple!!

Exactly! Where is the outrage over our piss poor state funding?

Like I said, at the first game we should get a rented mule and spray paint on the side of it in baby blue ‘Charlotte Observer’.

First off stop wasting your money on the Observer. I propose that all who have subscriptions, cancel it and redirect that money towards football giving.
Who needs them when the internet has made newspapers obsolete.

Who needs them when the internet has made newspapers obsolete.

Thank you, Al Gore.

[QUOTE=NinerFan;360900]Like I said, at the first game we should get a rented mule and spray paint on the side of it in baby blue ‘Charlotte Observer’.[/QUOTE]

That is an insult to rented mules.