Down Memory Lane -- Metro Conference

For the old-timers (like me!)…

CollegeHoops.net: What Could Have Been: Metro Conference

hahahah i thought that was a joke when everyone called memphis Memphis State lol i didnt realise it was actually called that at one time :lol:

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17[/i]@Sep 16 2005, 06:12 PM [b] hahahah i thought that was a joke when everyone called memphis Memphis State lol i didnt realise it was actually called that at one time :lol: [/b]
Indeed it was. Prior to this it went as Kitty High.

even if we had football we would have gotten dominated

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud+Sep 16 2005, 07:26 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (NinerLoudNProud @ Sep 16 2005, 07:26 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Chisox17[/i]@Sep 16 2005, 06:12 PM [b] hahahah i thought that was a joke when everyone called memphis Memphis State lol i didnt realise it was actually called that at one time :lol: [/b] Indeed it was. Prior to this it went as Kitty High. [/b][/quote] that's a new one.

Wasn’t memphis-state once named something like “Community College of Western Tennessee” or “Memphis Technical College” or something similar?

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Sep 16 2005, 10:16 PM [b] Wasn't memphis-state once named something like "Community College of Western Tennessee" or "Memphis Technical College" or something similar? [/b]
West Tennessee State Normal School, 1912-25 West Tennessee State Teachers College, 1925-41 Memphis State College, 1941-1957 Memphis State University, 1957-1994 University of Memphis, 1994--

BTW, as far as UNCC is concerned…

Charlotte Center of the University of North Carolina, 1946-1949
Charlotte College, 1949-1965
University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1965–
University of Charlotte, ???

[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Sep 17 2005, 12:28 PM [b] West Tennessee State Normal School....... [/b]
Huh??? Normal???

Whenever I think of SC Conway, “NORMAL” is not the first thing to come to mind. Nor the 2nd… Nor the 3rd… Nor the 4th…

I have to admit, I have a difficult time associating the word “Normal” with certain memphis-state fans (f squid, you are an exeption to this rule).

B)

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER+Sep 18 2005, 01:08 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Over40NINER @ Sep 18 2005, 01:08 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-run49er[/i]@Sep 17 2005, 12:28 PM [b] West Tennessee State Normal School....... [/b] Huh??? Normal???

Whenever I think of SC Conway, “NORMAL” is not the first thing to come to mind. Nor the 2nd… Nor the 3rd… Nor the 4th…

I have to admit, I have a difficult time associating the word “Normal” with certain memphis-state fans (f squid, you are an exeption to this rule).

B) [/b][/quote]
Exactly.

Normal as opposed to what? I hate to think.