Doyel on Rodney White

I guess he is trying to say that White is a bust because he didn’t come back and develop another year. Whichever way you look at it he made some good money bust or not.

[B][URL=http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/9412339][COLOR=black]http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/9412339[/COLOR][/URL][/B]

[B]6. Shawne Williams, Memphis:[/B] Way too early, Shawne. Way. Too. Early. This guy could be a very good pro some day, but that day is not the 2006-07 season, and if he ends up in the wrong system that day might never come. Better to stay in school and tighten up the holes in his game – perimeter shooting, breaking down defenders – than to become the next Rodney White.
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]

I wish Rodney would have stayed in school at least one more year. But, when you are offered that kind of money you should go.

[QUOTE=49erWhit;173558]I wish Rodney would have stayed in school at least one more year. But, when you are offered that kind of money you should go.[/QUOTE]

…don’t forget the domination!!

As much as I would have liked Rodney to come back, he definetly made the right decision to leave, he was a top 10 pick. There is nothing that he would have learned from Lutz that he can learn from Rick Carlise I assure you. He had chances to prove himself in the NBA but showed no effort on the Defensive end of the court, thats why he is in europe. If you dont play D in the NBA your gonna have a short career.

I don’t see Rodney mentioned in this article. Maybe I missed it…

Darius Washington, Memphis: We've lampooned Washington before, even begged him to stay in the draft, but that was cruel and unnecessary and not even accurate. We apologize. It's truly in his best interests -- though frankly I am sick of watching this guy waste his self-inflated talent -- to return to school. An undersized shooting guard with a bad attitude and a suspect jumper, Washington is less of a pro than Daniel Gibson. And Gibson's not a pro. So go back to Memphis, Darius, and tell your old man to shut his trap. If Pops was so good, he'd be more than a soccer mom.

That’s going to leave a mark on DWash. Ouch.

Rodney is having a solid season in Spain. I am sure the money is not as good in the Euroleague but they only play about 30 games in a season.

In addition to the defensive problems in the NBA, I don’t think Rodney could handle being a role player or getting motivated for 80 plus games.

On his Spanish team, he gets to be the man and to only play once a week.