Dumb@$$ Students

I know we got the name confusion log but I think we need a separate thread for people who are actually attending school here and are clueless about anything niner related. It’s one thing if it’s joe public but current students should know some simple things.

Walking on campus today I noticed a current student giving a prospective one a tour. They were by the arena and she asked him who do we play in basketball. He said, “Ummm, Xavier, Western, no big names though.” She then sounded disappointed and he claimed we had a swimming pool below Halton. HUH? First off I would consider Xavier a big name, I think they have earned it, secondly I guess Duke, GT, Louisville, and Tenn are small basketball programs to him (I am sure he had no clue about our schedule).

I know the majority of our students have no clue about our history and are acc jocksniffers but I thought they had some sense of who we play. WCU in the a10? come on now. These current students who have never stepped foot in Halton could potentially turn off prospective students who want to come to the school and attend some games. I am sure students don’t go to the games because they think we are a socon type team and they don’t want to look uncool to their acc friends.

Did you correct them?

you should have bitch smacked that motherfucker

The pool is below the old stadium, the Mineshaft.

X not a big name. What an idiot! And this person is in charge of showing the campus. Go to the head of U of Charlotte Student Ambassadors to fire that douche bag.

I would be writing a letter to whoever is in charge of the campus tours, or whoever can get ahold of those people (someone at SGA or CAB maybe?) detailing exactly what happened and expressing how embarrassing it is. Period. Isn’t there some sort of screening process for who is allowed to give these tours?

SOARdos@uncc.edu
or 704-687-2541.

Find the pic of the guilty party.
http://soar.uncc.edu/?page_id=38

If it was an official Tour Guide tour, then yes, they should have known better.

There is a screening process, and a test you have to take, but Athletics is not a big part of it. You have to know what conference and the sports we compete in.

The pool being under Halton statement leads me to believe it wasn’t an official Tour Guide, as the location of the pool is part of the tour test.

source: being a tour guide.

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:6, topic:22678”]SOARdos@uncc.edu
or 704-687-2541.

Find the pic of the guilty party.
]http://soar.uncc.edu/?page_id=38[/quote]

I think they should have Whitney do all the tours… that would solve some of the problems. ;D

I doubt it was an official tour, just some kid taking some of his high school friends around.

And she likes Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles too!

who the fuck is that?

The tour guides are a smart bunch and even the ones who don’t care about athletics know better than that.

Source: Being a tour guide for longer than J Felt. :slight_smile:

We really do need a Niner 101 course required for all freshman and taught by people that actually know something and are proud of the U. I would be happy to come on campus and teach a session or two.

A tour guide should embellish and point out a
Final 4 banner and say this is home of the 49ers who play in one of the premiere bball leagues in the ncaa…maybe mention how many nba plyers we’ve produced

Really is pathetic and needs correction but I don’t blame the guide I blame her boss

I have no idea how that swagger jpg is in my post- this website does some bizarro stuff

huh? Did you actually read the thread?

[quote=“TheNinerAlchemist, post:12, topic:22678”]The tour guides are a smart bunch and even the ones who don’t care about athletics know better than that.

Source: Being a tour guide for longer than J Felt. :)[/quote]

TNA is correct about the smart bunch.

source: Being president of the Tour Guides. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“metro, post:14, topic:22678”]A tour guide should embellish and point out a
Final 4 banner and say this is home of the 49ers who play in one of the premiere bball leagues in the ncaa…maybe mention how many nba plyers we’ve produced

Really is pathetic and needs correction but I don’t blame the guide I blame her boss[/quote]

Tours typically don’t go into Halton Arena unless it’s an Open House event, but like it’s been stated before, this wasn’t a school tour guide.

why are those girls making fun of that other girl JFelt? Does she have a pizza face?

You’re the girl crying while Powerbait and 2002 make fun of you in the background.

Ninernation.net is a harsh place, my friend.