Dustin Crouser (MLB) - 2013 verbal

Everyone left, it’s Spring Break! :))

"West Virginia has always been where I most wanted to play," the 6-2, 220-pound linebacker told BlueGoldNews.com after announcing his intention to transfer from the Charlotte 49ers football program. "That's always been a dream of mine."

In doing so, Crouser was clear that there were no problems with the Charlotte program, which began play in 2013. He redshirted during that first season, then made a big splash during his redshirt freshman year in 2014. Grabbing a starting position as an inside linebacker, he recorded 81 tackles (43 solo) and made 5.5 tackles for loss. He ranged the field well, and was also a force in pass defense, picking off a pair of throws and breaking up eight others. A big hitter who has always thrived on contact, he also forced three fumbles.

Fuckhim

Good for him I guess. Playing for WVU is something that pretty much every kid in that state dreams of doing. Don’t know if he will ever see the field though.

With that being, sounds like were are getting a pretty darn good transfer from WVU in Andrew Buie.

[quote=“MikeNiner11, post:24, topic:26895”]Good for him I guess. Playing for WVU is something that pretty much every kid in that state dreams of doing. Don’t know if he will ever see the field though.

With that being, sounds like were are getting a pretty darn good transfer from WVU in Andrew Buie.[/quote]Yep. People there have little else to look forward to.

Is this confirmed?

Per Jimmyhat, should be enrolled in the coming days.

Nice! Will be have to sit out a year?

[quote=“chidave, post:28, topic:26895”]Nice! Will be have to sit out a year?[/quote]Buie will play right away.

that’s a big addition. the kid was about to visit alabama. him and phillips(if he’s eligible), will be a tough combo to stop.

He actually did visit Bama, and they have lost a couple key RBs, so he probably would have seen the field at some point. Huge get for us.

He actually did visit Bama, and they have lost a couple key RBs, so he probably would have seen the field at some point. Huge get for us.[/quote]

Maybe his spurning of larger programs and the interest from Bama to sign with us means there’s more to the Phillips situation.

Hope not.

OK, maybe I just missed something. What happened to Phillips?

Grades.

Grades.[/quote]

Damnit. Buie and Phillips would be a hell of a duo.

i thought phillips had until the end of the summer to get eligible.

He does. Here’s hoping he gets it done.

I have talked to a players Dad and it is not Phillips with the issues. It is another player according to this player’s Dad.

[quote=“woodniner, post:38, topic:26895”]I have talked to a players Dad and it is not Phillips with the issues. It is another player according to this player’s Dad.[/quote]FWIW, I’ve heard from a source that it is indeed Phillips.

whoever “owns” The Issue had better wake up or they’re going to toss at least a year of some young man’s life right out the window!
I don’t see how grown men can tolerate coaching! ::slight_smile: ::slight_smile:
[hr]
[hr]